No, just control them extensively23%23% - 24
No, just control them a little33%33% - 34
No, dont control them at all15%15% - 16
I don't give a shit, I don't live there8%8% - 9
wtf is a gun?3%3% - 4
Total: 102
Smitty5613
+46|6531|Middle of nowhere, California
Just curious what people think about guns. Should they be banned in the US? Why or why not?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6756|Chicago.
Guns should be allowed. The system should stay like it is now. It's the land of the free. Period.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America
No, at this point I'd say "gun control" but later move towards education so that control is unnecessary since every owner would be competent in order to have one.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
aaahhhhhh, here we go again.
guns should not be banned...it is one of our rights....something that makes us different than the rest of the world.
they should be controlled, definitly.
as to what extent, i do not know. however i would say that some changes need to be made....im not talking about serial numbers on bullets and that type of bullshit, but the point we have come to dictates better standards.
but no, i wouldnt suggest trying to take my guns from me, even if they somehow became illegal.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6664|The darkside of Denver
Absolutely not! Its our constitutional right as Americans to bear arms.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6506|Houston, TX
Guns don't kill people....people kill people.  Simple.

The bad guys will still get ahold of guns, relatively easily.  They always have, and always will.
m8v2
Banned
+16|6300
No guns should not be banned. Compared to the amount of guns in the US compared to the amount of gun crimes is very low. By banning guns you take it out of the hands of law following citizens.
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6589|U.S.A

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Guns don't kill people....people kill people.  Simple.

The bad guys will still get ahold of guns, relatively easily.  They always have, and always will.
Well said, I couldnt agree more.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

BigmacK wrote:

Guns should be allowed. The system should stay like it is now. It's the land of the free. Period.
Agreed.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6721|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Turquoise wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Agreed.
specops10-4
+108|6748|In the hills
Just control em bit!  I havent posted here for ages...  Not that i ever posted much anyways...
Smitty5613
I dont think they sould be controlled at all, the 2nd ammendmant says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed
Turquoise
O Canada

Smitty5613 wrote:

I dont think they sould be controlled at all, the 2nd ammendmant says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed
I think gun licenses are a good thing, as are background checks.  Those basic forms of gun control seem pretty logical to me.  It also wouldn't hurt to require people to train with guns before they are allowed to actually own one.  I compare it to the way we require driver's licenses.

Banning is a different story.  That's just unrealistic.
Smitty5613

Turquoise wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

I think gun licenses are a good thing, as are background checks.  Those basic forms of gun control seem pretty logical to me.  It also wouldn't hurt to require people to train with guns before they are allowed to actually own one.  I compare it to the way we require driver's licenses.

i dont think it is that simple, if we all register our guns, then the gov knows where they all are and can take them as they please...... that is the way Hitler took over some towns in Europe, by registering all the guns, and then taking them away so the town couldnt defend themselves(not that they really could of against panzers)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon

Smitty5613 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

i dont think it is that simple, if we all register our guns, then the gov knows where they all are and can take them as they please...... that is the way Hitler took over some towns in Europe, by registering all the guns, and then taking them away so the town couldnt defend themselves(not that they really could of against panzers)
i wish a motherfucker would.
if anyone tried to take my guns, ANYONE and that includes my own government, there would definitly be people dead that day. i might be one of em, but at least ill get my point across, hopefully several times before i go down.
Turquoise
O Canada

Parker wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

i wish a motherfucker would.
if anyone tried to take my guns, ANYONE and that includes my own government, there would definitly be people dead that day. i might be one of em, but at least ill get my point across, hopefully several times before i go down.
...Which is exactly why Smitty's fears are unfounded.  Who in their right mind would try to disarm us?  Sure, ultimately, tanks beat guns, but that's true regardless of whether the guns are registered or not.  It's useful for law enforcement to have a record of gun ownership, and for them to be able to legally take guns from people who illegally obtain them.  Without a license system, you can't tell the law-abiding citizens from the criminals -- with regards to weapon ownership at least.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
Even with a license system, criminals would obtain guns the way they always have (illegally, outside the system) and the police will have no better means to confiscate them.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

Even with a license system, criminals would obtain guns the way they always have (illegally, outside the system) and the police will have no better means to confiscate them.
So, you're honestly suggesting we just scrap gun licenses altogether?...
leesupport
+39|6687
outlaw guns than outlaws will be the only ones with them
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6636|New Hampshire, USA

I lol at this topic
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
DesertFox-

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The police will have no better means than to confiscate them being the illegally obtained firearms.
Turquoise
O Canada

DesertFox423 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The police will have no better means than to confiscate them being the illegally obtained firearms.
I'll make you a deal....  I'll agree to ending gun licenses, if you agree to legalizing pot.  Ok? 
DesertFox-
So we can have a bunch of armed stoners?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command
From my cold dead hands..l
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida

The Second Amendment wrote:

"The right to bear arms"
You don't take away any other amendment from the constitution, why should it be any different with the second.
If you don't like guns, then don't own one!!

If you dont like a song, don't listen to it, dont go through extreme lengths to ban it!!

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-02-15 20:19:50)

15 more years! 15 more years!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard