UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6363713.stm

5th fatal shooting in about two weeks in South London. 

I'm sure a few years ago I could have told you exactly which crews were warring, if things are the same as when I left it's probably the Young Peckham Boys and Poverty Driven Children or similar given the area, but I don't know anyone involved in gangs since I moved out of the endz nearly 5 years ago.

So why do these shootings happen so often in the UK?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
Tbh i dont care. Chav gangsters can shoot themselves as much as they want.

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42575000/gif/_42575833_homicide_1998_06_203.gif Not too worried seeing as they dont happen "often" at all.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4 … 06_203.gif Not too worried seeing as they dont happen "often" at all.
Does it honestly really matter how someone is killed?  Gun, knife, beer bottle, baseball bat?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
If guns were legal both those figures would be far higher. Rather than just gangsters shooting each other it would be petty criminals shooting people then people just shooting people. Similar to what it currently is in America. I would expect atleast a 2x if not 3x rise.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-02-15 17:49:15)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Vilham wrote:

If guns were legal both those figures would be far higher. Rather than just gangsters shooting each other it would be petty criminals shooting people then people just shooting people. Similar to what it currently is in America. I would expect atleast a 2x if not 3x rise.
Yeah, I walk around with a kevlar vest and a fully loaded shotgun since there's been a surge of drive-by shootings nationwide.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

Hurricane wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yeah, I walk around with a kevlar vest and a fully loaded shotgun since there's been a surge of drive-by shootings nationwide.
I low crawl to my car when I am at the mall.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
Exactly...

Mock all you want though. 6x higher homicide rate.. equal number of knife deaths. Shows legal guns = more homicides.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

Exactly...

Mock all you want though. 6x higher homicide rate.. equal number of knife deaths. Shows legal guns = more homicides.
More racial and religious viewpoints do not help either.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645

Vilham wrote:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4 … 06_203.gif Not too worried seeing as they dont happen "often" at all.
Chav isn't the right word, that's a suburban thing.  Brixton/Clapham/Streamham are pretty urban.

The point of this thread is that many of these victims are still technically children, and they have no means of escape from that lifestyle in time.  Lot's of them are trying.  Chav's are the people who choose to try and emulate that lifestyle, not the people who are forced to join gangs for their own protection.  Then when you get into the inevitable trouble that the lifestyle brings, people get scared that you will sell them out to save yourself.  The most recent victim was on a tag and couldn't leave his house FFS. 

So, do you really not think that this a problem that should be dealt with, Vilham?
Smitty5613
+46|6518|Middle of nowhere, California

UON wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6363713.stm

5th fatal shooting in about two weeks in South London. 

I'm sure a few years ago I could have told you exactly which crews were warring, if things are the same as when I left it's probably the Young Peckham Boys and Poverty Driven Children or similar given the area, but I don't know anyone involved in gangs since I moved out of the endz nearly 5 years ago.

So why do these shootings happen so often in the UK?
cuz criminals dont obey laws and hand in their guns when the law abiding citizens do
Smitty5613

usmarine2007 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Does it honestly really matter how someone is killed?  Gun, knife, beer bottle, baseball bat?
you forgot ham sandwich...... people choke on them
Smitty5613

usmarine2007 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Vilham wrote:

my car is stealth, so noone can see me and shoot me
iamangry
+59|6637|The United States of America

usmarine2007 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I'm getting an anti tank gun installed in my front yard this summer (you never know when you might be facing an enemy invasion, right?), and I've up armored the Ford Taurus we drive my little brother to public school in to defend against IED's, RPG's, small arms fire, and Molotov Cocktails.  And I'm only in the suburbs 25 miles away from DC!
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

iamangry wrote:

And I'm only in the suburbs 25 miles away from DC!
Herndon? Leesburg?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

usmarine2007 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Exactly...

More racial and religious viewpoints do not help either.
Sadly, this is actually true.

There are many blessings to our cultural diversity, but there are some curses as well.  In general, the more diverse your country is, the more conflict there is, and hence, the more crime and violence there is.

Also, America does have a significantly large percentage of poor people.  Wealth disparity in America is considerably worse than most First World nations.

However, it is worth noting that the U.K. has a higher percentage of people living below the poverty line than America.  I guess the vast array of social programs they have prevents a lot of crime from occurring, but on the other hand, it does lead to a lot of people living off of the system.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
Reading that article I clicked on a related one (linky) and was fairly well unnerved by it. It seems so barbaric that it has become "...almost a status symbol demanding respect and power" over there.
PureFodder
+225|6277

DesertFox423 wrote:

Reading that article I clicked on a related one (linky) and was fairly well unnerved by it. It seems so barbaric that it has become "...almost a status symbol demanding respect and power" over there.
It's awful isn't it. We're becoming more like America. At least we don't have the right to bear arms or the shit might realy hit the fan.
Nintendogamer
+72|6578|Chelmsford, UK
kind of ironic aint it? we were talking about USA having gun problem in another thread. and now its UK
PureFodder
+225|6277

Nintendogamer wrote:

kind of ironic aint it? we were talking about USA having gun problem in another thread. and now its UK
Yeah, and if the gun crime in the UK increases dramatically for the next half a century than we might even reach the USAs achievements in the field of gun crime. Assuming that gun crime doesn't increase still further in the US that is.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|NÃ¥rvei

Turquoise wrote:

There are many blessings to our cultural diversity, but there are some curses as well.  In general, the more diverse your country is, the more conflict there is, and hence, the more crime and violence there is.
Any statistics that show this ? Cause many countries in Europe have equally diversity as the US and dont shoot eachother at the same rate !

And besides the recent shootings in the UK the past shows it to be a much more peaceful country internally !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Vilham wrote:

Tell me the difference between criminals shooting people and people shooting people...lmao.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6821

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Tell me the difference between criminals shooting people and people shooting people...lmao.
One ends up as a statistic in the FBI homicide list the other ends up on the FBI accidental death list.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

One ends up as a statistic in the FBI homicide list the other ends up on the FBI accidental death list.
Exactly i think the figures show that your kid is more likely to shoot his friend by mistake than you shooting a criminal.
iamangry
+59|6637|The United States of America

usmarine2007 wrote:

iamangry wrote:

And I'm only in the suburbs 25 miles away from DC!
Herndon? Leesburg?
well, maybe 15, i honestly dont like to travel into dc to often... fairfax.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6484|Connecticut

Vilham wrote:

Right. People drown in water too. Wait!! Lets throw a little "9/11 theorism" (I made that up)  into the mix: Every single person who has died from cancer hs drank water. Therefore water gives you cancer. Cancer receives federal grants for research who are given by George Bush, who invaded Iraq to cover up...........OMG 9/11!!!! Water Caused 9/11!!! Lets ban it.
Malloy must go

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard