OMG-AIDS
+24|6587|Florida
I was on my college gaming site and I said I couldn't play BF2/2142 because of the incompatible graphic card issues and a member told me that those issues were fixed.  I was wondering if they were fixed in both BF2142 and BF2 or just BF2142?  I have a ATI Mobility 9000 graphic card, is there a list somewhere I can check to see if it's now compatible?

(I'm posting on here because the guy hasn't responded for a bit at the other site.)
Nate_32
+3|6757|Nambe, New Mexico
That chip does support pixel shader 1.4, which was what all the drama was about (GF4 cards, while being newer/better than the Radeon 8 series, does not support this.)
Obviously, you will not be turning any settings up, and will be lucky to even render the game at your lappys native resolution, but it should work.

Last edited by Nate_32 (2007-02-15 01:38:03)

OMG-AIDS
+24|6587|Florida
Thanks Nate.  When I installed it on my laptop it loaded everything a lot faster than my Dad's desktop, but I couldn't play it on my laptop.  Playing on my laptop will be faster than I was used to on that desktop.
Nate_32
+3|6757|Nambe, New Mexico
What error message did it give? Or did you mean you have not had a chance to try it yet?
OMG-AIDS
+24|6587|Florida
Well when BF2 came out I bought it and tried to install it on this comp (my laptop) and it ran super fast, especially compared to my Dad's desktop.  The only problem was that there was no spawn select screen.  I never got an error or anything, I could see people running around, I just couldn't see the spawn select screen.  I tried clicking all over, but it's as if it isn't there.  I can't select my team or class either because I can't see that either.  I'm at college right now and the game is at home so I can't install it to see.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard