theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
but dancer, it is MORE realistic to not have a kill message! You can just check your score to see if you have killed them or not.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6686|Germany
Realism?!!? It's a computer game FFS. There are also kill messages for teamkills. So....??!!
If I check everytime the scoreboard whether I killed the one I shot at I'd be dead in no time.

If I'd want realism, I'd enlist here.

Last edited by danCer (2007-03-21 06:13:58)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6699|Germany

Bahhhhhhhhhhh, don't even THINK about joining any french whatever... You should know how to run away, you don't anyone to teach you.

However, stop counting your kills, you want to win.

And about Thursday: f*** you j/k
Friday is my very last school day, and that means party, not hanging around with some guys from the internet. Real life > (Project) Reality

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2007-03-21 06:48:30)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
Mike what are you talking about? WE are your only friends now.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

*looks if Slayer isnt around*

oh, Im not banned from forums yet

Thanks for game guys! I wont make it on Thursday because Im going to watch 300! and after we have a club night with friends.

*leaves silently*
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

Damn it, I´ve completley missed it to ban you
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
I downloaded and installed reality. I havent tried it yet but i ll join you guys for a round soon. The dude and superfly kind of convinced me saying snipers are quite important in this game.
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6699|Germany

But the number of snipers is limited

Nobody playing today?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

But the number of snipers is limited

Nobody playing today?
How is it limited?
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6699|Germany

8 players or less on the team = 0 Sniper , 1 Marksman, 1 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

16 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper, 1 Marksman, 2 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

24 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper, 2 Marksman, 3 Support, 2 AA Rifleman, 2 Heavy AT

32 players or less on the team = 2 Sniper, 2 Marksman, 4 Support, 2 AA Rifleman, 2 Heavy AT
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6686|Germany

Echo wrote:

I downloaded and installed reality. I havent tried it yet ....
Just open the curtains Echo, just open the curtains....
zeidmaan
+234|6386|Vienna

woot I didnt know EU guys were organized. I stumbled upon Dude and someone else only once.
Any armor whores here? Its hardest to find good armor whores
Slayer
---hates you

danCer wrote:

Echo wrote:

I downloaded and installed reality. I havent tried it yet ....
Just open the curtains Echo, just open the curtains....
muaahahahaha, good shot Chris

So, after playing PR for some hours finally, I must say, it´s way better then vanilla BF2. Period. You can even use the word skill here!

No nade spamming noobs, no gheymorewhoring, no armorwhoring etc. It´s more realistic and more fun imo. I´ll stick with this game as long as some of you guys are also playing, because without a good squad, teamspeak or at least ingamevoice, this game is boring because you´ll die every second step you take.

Well, got promoted three times yesterday, although I dont have any idea why. I dont get the pointsystem at all so far. I´ve finished most rounds with 180-250 points and dont know how I´ve earned them.

Compared to ArmA, well, PR is still, even with the higher realistic factor then vanilla, more arcade. Some details of ArmA would fit pretty good for PR and vice versa.

See you this evening folks.

Corporal Sl4y3r
zeidmaan
+234|6386|Vienna

this should explain scoring a bit:
http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=Scoring

If you are a sniper and you kill a SL with a Sniper kit thats capping a flag you get all those 3 bonuses combined and than multiplied by the bonus for the distance of the shot and proximity to you your SL/members. So yea its complicated
Slayer
---hates you

I dont get it Well, guess I´ll have to look at your guide and check some of this stuff to get a better feeling for the kits, vehicles etc etc.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

So should I download PR or not ?

since most of you are playing it, but I have almost no clue how PR is ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Slayer
---hates you

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

My two cents, download it bro. It´s better then vanilla!
zeidmaan
+234|6386|Vienna

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

If I could marry it I wouldn't because I'm still young and have college stuff etc... but its really good.

I dont know the exact numbers for scoring so Ill make them up for one example.

A kill is 4 points. But if you kill a Squad Leader you get 2x4 (because he is more important). If that SL was carrying one of the limited kits like sniper, heavy AT, AA etc you get 3x4 (because SL is important and you took out a potentially devastating AT soldier). Now if that SL with limited kit was capping a flag you get even more points for that kill. Lets say 4x4. Also on top of that the game apparently also takes in to account your positions on the scoreboard (not sure about this one tho).
On top of that you also get a around 50% bonus if YOU are in the proximity of your Squad Leader and 1 member.
And if you are using a sniper rifle you get 50% bonus for every 50 meters of distance. A snipers dream. A kill from 300 meters is 3x "combined previous bonuses".

Some servers give sniper bonuses some don't.
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6699|Germany

I say: download it. Its good. Even though I die too often.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Not as much as me - most of the time I am on a 0.3 kdr
Slayer
---hates you

BigBunny wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Not as much as me - most of the time I am on a 0.3 kdr
Yeah, and most times I dont even get who shoot me and how But I´ve managed to get a nice 24/3 K/D yesterday on the first map I´ve played, I´ve even knife some snipers

Something that makes me serioulsy wonder.
  • What about those medic´s shockpaddles?! Some time those things dont want to work, although you "aim" for the chest of a guy laying on a flat top. I often die while trying to revive my squadmembers! Sucks!
  • What about the ammo? Doesnt the ammo of the rifleman refill the AT weapons? I shoot a tank yesterday, hide in a house and my squadmember deployed some ammo, but my AT weapon was useless. Dont get it.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh

Sl4y3r wrote:

Something that makes me serioulsy wonder.
  • What about those medic´s shockpaddles?! Some time those things dont want to work, although you "aim" for the chest of a guy laying on a flat top. I often die while trying to revive my squadmembers! Sucks!
  • What about the ammo? Doesnt the ammo of the rifleman refill the AT weapons? I shoot a tank yesterday, hide in a house and my squadmember deployed some ammo, but my AT weapon was useless. Dont get it.
Sometimes reviving is a bit glitchy, but you can throw a field dressing onto them which seems to unglitch them and then you can revive them as normal.  Unless they have been headshot.

Resupply takes 9 seconds lying on the bag, unless your rifleman has put all 3 in one place in which case it is quicker.  He also needs to resupply at the bags or he will have lost his bags for good.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6579|Edinburgh

zeidmaan wrote:

woot I didnt know EU guys were organized.
'organized' is a relative term
Zodiaccup
+42|6517

Sl4y3r wrote:

[*]What about the ammo? Doesnt the ammo of the rifleman refill the AT weapons? I shoot a tank yesterday, hide in a house and my squadmember deployed some ammo, but my AT weapon was useless. Dont get it.
[/list]
I think only the Heavy-AT-Weapon can be refilled with ammo-bags. Don't ask me why...
The standard AT-Weapon can be refilled at vehicels like jeeps.

zeidmaan wrote:

...and while we are off topic just a tip, you can rearm at friendly and also enemy jeeps, and you can even rearm at destroyed vehicles. But in both cases the ammo supply is limited. From a destroyed vehicle you can get around 2 additional AT rockets and than it runs out.
And yeah, blackhawks also.

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2007-03-22 08:14:20)

infinity101
+5|6552

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

download it

it rules.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard