Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

I was browsing through some monitors and I came upon this saucy gem:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6824005075

It seems nice. 19", good contrast ratio, good reviews. Sounds like a nice deal.

But then I learn of "Games for Windows". A coveted stamp from Microsoft for any real-deal game company, it's a certification that is given by Microsoft for games that meet rigid standards. Some games you might have heard of that will have this: Crysis and Alan Wake. One standard is that the game must have support for widescreen, and I don't think Microsoft meant the chicken-shit method DICE put in for BF2 and 2142. I think they mean REAL support. And as a company like EA would love to have this certification for its games, no doubt that most EA published games will have it.

But looking at many widescreens, they all seem so expensive. I'm looking for a widescreen that's good, but not too expensive. That LG is $230, so maybe $250 max? (Unless it's a really really really good monitor for a bit more). Preferrably a nice big resolution, albeit not breaking the bank.

edit: How's this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6824009105

edit2: What would be real nice is if it had one of those glass screens, or whatever they're made of. You know how there's the LCD's with those matte screens, that feel kind of clothy when you rub them. Then there's the ones that feel like they're glass. I use a NEC MultiSync 70GX2 if that's any help as to knowing what kind of screen I'm using (It's the glassy kind).

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-02-09 21:18:43)

maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6309
nice monitor, but if you have a lil extra cash you could go 22" widescreen, or bigger.

still, i'm happy with my BenQ 19"
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6693|Hell's prison
Fork over the exta dough and go widescreen dude, makes a big difference.
claor
+39|6423|Australia
19inch  BenQ FP92W widescreen....
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6398|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
That Lg one looks similar to my samsung 940b.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard