Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
[Edit] For anyone that still needs one, its 1.50 compatible[End Edit]

OH Noes not another localisation file.

Yes!! This one fixes a couple of bugs/annoyances and is aimed at people wanting to cut down screen cluttering text BS seen in default and user localisations without spoiling the overall effect.

First heres whats NOT in it.
  • No bouncy green moonbase alpha fonts!  Nuff said.
  • No swearing or stupid phrases!  You wont find 'pwned j00' or 'get your tits out for the lads' randomly appearing, sorry.
  • No weapon names!  What a mess. It's never completely right and to learn what class fires what, read the wiki.
  • No points on kill/death messages!  If you need to be told over and over again kills are +2 and suicides -2 you should sign youself into an ADD clinic.
Ok to the best bits. Fixes.
  • New "Unconfirmed Enemy" Text for Mis-Spots.
Ever noticed messages for real sightings and mis-sights are so similar they can be confusing? Well now you instantly see from the text when someones mis-spotted and put up a question mark.  Applies to SL and commander spots too.
  • Controller buttons numbered from 1.
Dice decided to number the joystick and mouse buttons from 0 but buttons start at 1 on every joystick and mouse I know of so now button 1 on your controller shows button 1 in bf2 controls page.  NOTE: This does not change anything you've set up, it only changes the controls screen text to show button 1 = button 1 like any other game.
  • The "Game Will Start When....." message box no longer blocks out what you type in chat.
  • The "Warning! Out of Bounds" message is moved to 2 side locations insead of being center screen.
General Changes.
  • The amount of text clutter has been massivley reduced to be short and to the point as possible.
  • Vote messages only take up one line
  • Teamkill by weapon is included
  • Suicides are called a suicide
  • Orange text is used in the top left readouts ONLY when your cap points are being neutralised or lost.

Normal messages lower on the screen have orange names for kills etc but orange in the top left means only one thing, your team is losing/has lost a cap. 

There are too many text changes to mention individually, the Dice defaults have so much wordy crap in them its just fills the screen with it. Simply if an 8 word sentence could be said in 3 words without confusing the message, then ive shortened it but also kept things as true to original as possible.

I know this type of Localisation wont appeal to everyone, if you like multi coloured text everywhere repeating how many points were just scored then this is not for you - but if anyone likes seeing the game and not a screen full of text junk, feel free to use it.

Some examples
https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3229/locpaneltp8.jpg

Instructions:

1. Find this folder C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization\English\
2. Back up English.utxt. (No really, back it up and put it OUTSIDE the English folder, dont just rename it, bf2 tries to load all files in that folder).
3. Copy the new English.utxt in there.

Done. How easy was that?

Download here

Dont like it? Copy the old one back in. Painless.

I'll keep it updated as and when I see fit, and if anyone can think how to say 'unconfirmed enemy' using less characters but still saying the same thing, let me know please, Ive racked my brain and I cant think of anything better.

Last edited by Mad Ad (2011-03-20 11:28:39)

DA|2KSL4Y3R
BF2s AU Server Admin
+49|6400|Perth, Australia
Nice, +1.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH
And now the Dutch file..
PvtStash
+4|6765|Australia
Hard to get much shorter than unconfirmed. Maybe suspect contact but even then it's not much shorter.

Last edited by PvtStash (2007-02-10 07:57:28)

TehMyke
8======D
+343|6711

Mad Ad wrote:

I'll keep it updated as and when I see fit, and if anyone can think how to say 'unconfirmed enemy' using less characters but still saying the same thing, let me know please, Ive racked my brain and I cant think of anything better.
"I suck at spotting"
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

TehMyke wrote:

Mad Ad wrote:

"I suck at spotting"
Off topic but DAMN, nice stats etc
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6711

White-Fusion wrote:

TehMyke wrote:

Mad Ad wrote:

"I suck at spotting"
Off topic but DAMN, nice stats etc
I love you too
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
churn
Banned
+0|6289
Nice I'll be using these from now on.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
Cool thanks for all the comments, I wasnt sure if anyone would care less about it with all the others out there, even if this is a new approach (as well as having things in that other localisation files do not have).

PvtStash wrote:

Hard to get much shorter than unconfirmed. Maybe suspect contact but even then it's not much shorter.
its 15chrs to my 17, not much but the words could almost work, +1 for the suggestion, thanks.

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

And now the Dutch file..
Yeah right All I know about holland is theres girls in the front of the shops, weed out the back and really nice beer everywhere else.

Last edited by Mad Ad (2007-02-15 14:27:17)

PvtStash
+4|6765|Australia
I like this, less annoying than standard BF2 which can get a little cluttered. Good job and thanks. +1 when I have K to hand out.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
Heh thanks, yeah all the big wordy sentences were the first to go, jeez I want to watch the game not a looping text overlay.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Leetkyle...
Mad Ad...

*makes extremely hard decision*

Sorry, Mad Ad.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
\o/
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK

Mad Ad wrote:

\o/
-.-
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia

Mad Ad wrote:

How about  "Possible Threat"
Compaired: "Unconfirmed Enemy"

Last edited by Drexel (2007-04-25 13:56:35)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Leetkyle...
Mad Ad...

*makes extremely hard decision*

Sorry, Mad Ad.
leetkyle=win
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK

Drexel wrote:

Mad Ad wrote:

How about  "Possible Threat"
Compaired: "Unconfirmed Enemy"
Now thats what im talking about! Nice one, thanks for the suggestion +1+1+1

Expect an update soon guys.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard