Poll

2nd LT rank...King of the noobs or junior officer?

King of the noobs30%30% - 74
Junior Officer54%54% - 131
Whos a noob?14%14% - 35
Total: 240
bootsy
Banned
+9|6305
i say jr officer,i was happy to get away from those sgt stripes,plus that gold bar looked good to me,alot better than stripes,lol
im_in_heaven
+27|6607
why would 2nd lt be king of the noobs?  This makes absolutely no sense. Im pretty sure they are better than a private who hasnt created another account.
SizzlingMidget
+39|6318|UK

lavadisk wrote:

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

rank = nothing
good day
churn
Banned
+0|6306

Brain_Soup wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

rank = nothing
good day
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6548|Belgium
Gunnery Sergeant is the king of noobs imo, First S is nothing special and 2nd L is junior officer. But im ranking on time spent in an account, most privates really do suck, so why say rank means nothing?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere
rank = experience, so i guess i would say that 2nd Lieutenants are good on the basis of they know what they're doing, especially over those Sergeants
Dragonclaw
+186|6324|Florida
Rank means nothing. Skill means something. I find it funny that Im called a hacker more on my lower ranked accounts than on my Sgt Major one that I just started using a few days ago.

Last edited by [NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] (2007-02-10 17:02:35)

Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6688

Mad Ad wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com//game-images/ran … ank_12.jpg

Its an officers rank but its still a yellow award, the next rank up is the first silver award so I wondered if people thought it was just a good but still noob rank like below it, or if it gains respect from noobs and officers alike?
"noob" rank?

Bit elitist, are we?

Frankly, if you don't know what you're doing by the time you hit the first of the Seargeant ranks, perhaps you should go play something else...

But that's just my opinion.

And when I say "know what you're doing", I don't mean "someone looks at your stats and says omgoshwowhesogood!", I mean, have the theory laid out in your mind of how to play the game. The whole "putting it into practice" bit takes time and dedication, generally.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-10 17:10:56)

Mad Ad
+178|6530|England, UK
Well i frequently feel like im still a noob and im not 2nd Lt yet, no intension of elitism at all- I just threw the question out there to see what people thought.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6386|Columbus, Ohio
Yes.  Just like in real life.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6673|USA

genius_man16 wrote:

rank = experience, so i guess i would say that 2nd Lieutenants are good on the basis of they know what they're doing, especially over those Sergeants
So a bird Colonel who has spent near his whole acct medic whoring on karkand is expected to be better gunning in a Cobra thatn a gunnery sergeant who has spent almost his whole acct on dragon valley?

rank=nothing; there's too many variables to say otherwise.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6688

Mad Ad wrote:

Well i frequently feel like im still a noob and im not 2nd Lt yet, no intension of elitism at all- I just threw the question out there to see what people thought.
Fair enough. I'll refrain from throwing large rocks at your head. (And missing 86% of the time.)

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-10 19:58:20)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6604|Seattle
u arent cool unless you have about 200,000 points.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735
Rank means shit. Sergio Bennet is proof of this.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6843|St. Louis, MO

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

rank = nothing
good day
The majority of the time it kinda does unfortunatly.The game was kinda designed that way.Not that I don't give lower ranked players a chance or anything but it does most often make a difference.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6568|EUtopia | Austria
I'm a First Sergeant and this 2nd Lieutenant would really mean something for me. That's about the last thing I'd like to achieve in BF2 (don't got so much time :-/ ).
Djbrown
+129|6515|Adelaide, Aussieland
But does rank discern between normal and e-bay accounts? a few days ago i had a colonel crash the z-10 twice in a row, so i fly and he misses every single target and bails out the instant i get locked on by AA.

then i get a staff sergeant who shoots the guns at infantry, and missiles at tanks. sure he missed a lot, but thats where experience comes in. after maybe another 5 hours heli gunning he will be really good, while some retard with over 800 hours play time doesnt have a clue what hes doing.

that said, the only rank i will we worried about getting into my chopper/bomber is whatever the rank is for between 12k and 20k points. more often than not they have no clue what theyre doing.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6442|NL-NH-DH
I'd say everything below Sgt.Mjr I rather not have in ANY vehicle with me, not that I'm that good, but I know I'm better alone...

Expect for those 2nd accounts. Like myself I get avoid to, but I know why they do it. Then they see you fly or see your name in the top of the list and the next time you maybe can gun or join the squad.
Thats normal, it's not kindergarden, you play for the team but also for the points so you leave the weaker behind..IT'S WAR PEOPLE
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6505|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Depends on the player not the rank, i know of people that are 1st sarg that are better players in general then the 1st LT ranks.

It depends on experience and the reasons for why they play the game rather than rank
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6384
When I get in a chopper, (im sgt.major) I almost never let anyone gun for me. If they get in, I redline. I dont trust people to be good enough unless they are officers. Id rather solo fly because I know my own limitations- unless I personally know the person, I probably won't let him in.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-02-14 04:38:51)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6540|Polish state of EU
i think that:
<60k = nóób
>60k <150 = average
>160 = pr0

its not always true but usally its that way. I have 100k points
Djbrown
+129|6515|Adelaide, Aussieland

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

i think that:
<60k = nóób
>60k <150 = average
>160 = pr0

hmmmm so about 70%-80% of all players are noobs?

Last edited by Djbrown (2007-02-14 06:39:31)

Simon
basically
+838|6677|UK

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

i think that:
<60k = nóób
>60k <150 = average
>160 = pr0

Your an idiot, and nice sig btw
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine

Simon wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

i think that:
<60k = nóób
>60k <150 = average
>160 = pr0

Your an idiot, and nice sig btw
Simon , speaking of public servers he's right . New accounts and league players doesnt count though...
I see skilled players holding M16A2 very rare , unless they are colonel or higher ... Ak's are popular , but IMO , skill shows up when you own with M16

Last edited by Longbow (2007-02-14 07:02:08)

The_Jester
+52|6510|Italy

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

i think that:
<60k = nóób
>60k <150 = average
>160 = pr0

I don't like to judge people by stats, but that's what you are doing.
So what about people with less than 60k points (wich you consider noobs) with good, or even decent stats (wich you don't have)?

59k points don't make someone a noob.
But negative ratios for every weapon, 3 armor and jet ratio, playing on k/p servers DO make someone a noob.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard