ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

I saw someone in another thread asking Bubba about his age, so I thought it might be nice to have a thread for D&ST regulars to 'introduce' themselves, so to speak. I know a lot of us know each other fairly well, but I get the idea people don't know much about the real person behind the screen.

Mods, I appreciate that this isn't very debate worthy, however as it's relevant to this forum only, can it please not be moved? Thanks.

Just like to know a bit about yourselves really, age, name, where you're from, stuff you like to do, etc.

EDIT: At the request from a few members, if you'd like to post a picture of yourself, that'd also be good.
Yes, I know we have the picture thread, but lets be honest; no-one is going to look through 55 pages worth of posts to find some pictures of the few D&STers that have posted in there.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2007-02-10 14:17:06)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
Okay, against my better judgement;

My name is Alex. At least that's my chosen name. Albert is on the birth certificate. I'm originally from Salt Lake City, and I'm 38, having spent the last 27 years in Southern California.

I've been a musician most of my life, and got into rock climbing pretty hard core for a twelve year period. Now I am a dad and business guy.
I like to read, and look for cool rocks in the desert. Take my bike up into old mining areas and investigate.

Oh yeah; I like to type.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

My name is Matt, I'm 18 years old, currently living in Amsterdam due to my dad's job. I'm originally English, however I've moved around a lot, so I don't feel that attached to one place. Last place I lived in the UK was Cardiff. I'm studying the IB at an international school over here, but next year I'll be in uni in the UK, doing Computer Science.

I love mountain biking, although that is rather limited over here. I love music, mostly metal, but also other stuff, providing that it isn't techno or rap. I've played drums for 6 years now.

Oh yes, I also enjoy wasting my life on forums.

EDIT: Added pic of me. And yes, I have had a haircut since then

https://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9643/matteditzm4.jpg

Last edited by ghettoperson (2007-02-10 14:22:03)

silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6418|San Antonio, TX
So ATG isn't alone...

My given name is Freddy, I'm 35, currently in San Antonio, TX

Did 8 years in the USAF, got married here in San Antonio so I stayed when I got out.  I've worked in telecom my whole life.  I'm the father of 2 daughters (both after marriage, both with the same mother my wife).

In my spare time you'll find me reading, watching a movie, playing BF2 (still).  I've recently got my fat ass back to a gym and am trying to work off a lot of extra weight I've acquired since getting out of the military.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

My name is Brendan, I'm 25 years young, currently residing in south Orange County, California.  I was born and raised here, but I have been to many places around the World.  I graduated from UCLA with a degree in International Relations but I work as an electronics components broker, playing video games and arguing with people over the Internet in my spare time.

I like to drink heavily, smoke ganja, and chase girls.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-02-09 10:58:03)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6650|Teesside, UK
My name's kev and I'm a ...oh wait wrong situation

I'm 29, live in a dump off a town, had various crappy admin/low level IT jobs before deciding to sort my life out and get an education.  So have got a HND and in a few months or so I'll hopefully complete A degree in IT and get back out in to the work place.  Oh yeah I'm getting married in the summer

I Pretty much do fuck all other than go to uni, read fiction,  waste time on the computer and watch films with the missus who also loves actions films

ghettoperson wrote:

but next year I'll be in uni in the UK, doing Computer Science.
Think very carefully about where you go.  The uni in my town has a good reputation for computing but the students don't necessarily agree.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-09 11:00:11)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6627|USA
My name is Matt and 35 years old.  I am from Va.  Joined the military and lived in San Antonio for 5 years where i met my wife.  Lived in Japan for 4 years then transferred to Utah, where i live now, but want to go back to San Antonio.  I have 2 kids also.  I Work in telecom and also am a crew chief in the USAFR.  I like camping, ATV'ing and anything outdoors.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6691|Mountains of West Virginia
Hello all

I am a 18 year old from Baltimore, Maryland. I am a college student at Shepherd University (West Virginia) studying Political Science and Journalism. I am an outdoorsy nerd so I get the best of both things going on. And I am a founding member of our schools SDS chapter.

Like most college students I enjoy long talks, tripping, sleeping, and the occasional fight. oh yea Bf2 as well.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2007-02-09 11:17:45)

too_money2007
+145|6304|Keller, Tx
My name is John-Layton (one word, first name) and I'm 25 years old and live in Coppell, Tx. I was born in Houston and lived there my entire life (except for 3 year stint in Altamonte Springs, Fl. when I was 7) and moved up to the DFW area in 2001.

I met my wife at my job a few years back and we're expecting our first baby boy in 2-3 months. I had an 05 Mustang GT but gave it up so we could drop the car payments.

I basically sit at work and surf the net while processing deposits, go home and watch hdtv, maybe play some BF2 SP, as I don't have internet access at home.

So that's pretty much my life, until the baby arrives.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6390|The Gem Saloon
derek parker.....i enjoy long walks on the beach and masturbating with sandpaper....eeerrrr
lets start over......24, live in st louis with my beautiful wife. moved from san antonio to stl about 7 months ago....son of a single parent, education consits of finishing highschool (almost didnt-i was one of seven white kids in my school) and minimum college....life didnt really get started for me until i was about 20.....before then i kind of figure myself in some sort of immature coma.
in my teenage years i spent a grand total of nine months in prison for posession of narcotics with intent to distribute...got out and figured i would do it again.....kind of a downward spiral type thing.
then i met my wife, and she broke it down for me. four years later im married and run my own business.......
now my hobbies are reading, video games, firearms and being with my wife among others.
settled down and got away from all of the people i called friends and life is good.
ATG
Banned

topal63 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Okay, against my better judgement ...
^^^ What he said...
School of the Art Institute in Chicago for 2 years (where I am originally from); and decided the world does not care about craftsmanship; dedication to craft; detail; or continuing the legacy of older traditional forms of Art; so I quit cold turkey... gave it up...
There is still an appreciation for art. I get paid to make this kind of stuff.
https://i4.tinypic.com/2rctqj9.jpg
You just gotta stick with it until you find something that sells.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

ATG is that a tribute to Democrats (What ever direction the wind blows)? , Jokes of course.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-09 12:21:34)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG is that a tribute to Democrats (What ever direction the wind blows)? , Jokes of course.
I called it " Boy in Moon ".

For a tribute to the Dems, I'd have to make a " Pie in the Sky " version.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)
Name: Scott.

From: Born - Bangor, Wales. Grew up - Bulkington (nr Coventry), England.

Reside: Cambridge, England.

Profession: Semi-Self(un)employed 3D Graphics/Games/Web Coding Geek.

Education: Crappy GCSEs. A-Level Computer Studies. BTec Computer Studies. BEng (Hons) Software Engineering for Real-Time Sytems.

Languages: English English.

Instruments: Torture.

Interests: Games. Gaming. Computers. Gadgets. Science. Religion. Psychology. Para-psychology. Physics. Para-physics. The nature of reality.

Political Leanings: Unique.

Religion: None.

Hero: Too many to list.

Music: Eclectic - everything from classical to metal, via rock, pop, dance, rave, indie, rap, hip-hop and various other stations.

Films: Eclectic, but most like sci-fi/cyberpunk/oddball.

Books: All Iain M Banks books. All William Gibson books. Philip Pullman - 'Northern Lights' Trilogy.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-02-17 21:39:32)

Commie Killer
+192|6383
Name: Marc
Occupation: I currently work at a food store where I stack shelves 4 days a week. During the summer I cut lawns, got about 15 customers so between that and hanging with friends I only sleep about 5 hours per night during the summer.
Hobbies: Paintball, Mountain Biking, Politics, Fucking, things of that nature.
Political Party: I lean much farther right then left though there are some things I agree with strongly on both sides of the fence.
Languages: English, rather good at German, can say understand about 500 words combined in French and Spanish.
kilgoretrout
+53|6466|Little Rock, AR
I don't get really involved in D&ST way too often, but what the hell.  My name's Matt, I'm 23 and live in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I'm a bassist and record producer.  Anyone interested in heavy, melodic rock might want to check out my band's myspace.  I graduated from a small liberal arts school in Conway, Arkansas in 05 with a BA in Music.  Politically I'm generally socially progressive and fiscially conservative, so I don't really fit with either of the American parties all that well.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6619|Camp XRay

Chris - 25
I work for a environmental law firm. I spend the majority of my time researching, which is why i spend the majority of my time in here. When I am not in the office I am usually traveling which is the best part about my job. All though Russian during the middle of winter is no fun. I also enjoy cigarettes, sex, and large quantities of alcohol.

Some of the other things I do in my spare time include but are not limited too - Bf2, running, and playing with my dog.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6538|Texas - Bigger than France
36 yrs old, married two kids (boy 3, girl 2)
Corpus Christi, TX

Job: CPA with local firm (doing well), partner.  Serving small biz, small business consulting, estate planning, family partnerships, corporate structure/strategy (what business model to use).  Past jobs: product manager with manfacturing firm.  Journalist covering city council prior to getting a MBA.

Politics: My family thinks I'm liberal but conservative when compared to here.  Vote my heart - I've voted for the winner every year, with the exception of Kerry.  I'm probably Republican, but I trust the government - you will rarely hear me bash the policies already in place.

Hobbies: Tennis, used to be a scratch golfer before I had kids, fish the coast, trying to surf, the kids keep me pretty busy.  I'm on here a lot because I'm usually working a lot and have two monitors at home and at work.  I used to write - I have three books I'm trying to finish.  I'm also actively involved with a few non-profits around town.

I try to be as positive as possible and give people the benefit of the doubt.  I also only discuss politics here, because my family discusses politics too much.  I also believe that everything doesn't necessarily need a purpose...which is a purpose within itself.
TheEl_Gayo
not gay
+7|6301|Florida Cracker
Ok, my name is Brian, I live in Altamonte Springs, FL (right outside orlando) I'm 23, i've lived here since i was 3.  Hobbies include gaming, fishing, sports (softball, flag football, etc) i dont watch a lot of tv but i love adult swim on the cartoon network,  I dont have any pets except for my fish tank which is still under construction,  i sell fire alarms for my dads company, i have a degree in small business management and will one day be taking over for my old man.  and yes, i am the guy everyone hates at work being the boss's kid and all. no special talents or anything i dont consider myself a musician by any means but i'm pretty good on a saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor and bari) and i've been trying to teach myself the guitar but it's not working out too smoothly yet. oh yeah, I love to paintball, I would really like to get onto a tournament team and try to make some money paintballing instead of wasting all of mine on shit. i tend to drink heavily on the weekends and smoke some ganja on the regular.  all in all i'm a pretty mellow guy, i dont really fit into a democrat or republican mold, i'm more of a libertarian and i love listening to Neal Boortz in the AM's
vedds
+52|6750|Christchurch New Zealand
Name: Dan
Location: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand. (originally from Opotiki in the Bay of Plenty in the North Island)
Hobbies: Rugby (Tighthead Prop), Cricket (Middle order bat, Medium bowl), BF2, Squash, Drinking.
Politics: Conservative.
Music: The Feelers, Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews, Johnny Cash, Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Neil Finn, Dave Dobbyn.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6642|Peoria
My name is Matt, I am 20 years old, and I am currently a political science/ Pre-law major.

I am currently employed as a reading tutor for first graders and am considering an internship with Barack Obama's office or an internship with a legal firm here in Peoria.
tiptopT
+72|6578|Scotland's Capital
Name: Martin a.k.a. Tino
About me: Have a degree in Information Systems from Napier Uni in Edinburgh and currently working for Wolfson Microelectronics (who make chips for iPods, Xboxs, PSP etc) in IT, or Corporate Information Services as we are now known.
Sports: Rugby (tight head/inside centre) and boxing (just started)
Misc: Maybe looking to travel in June so anyone got any tips or willing to be my billet let me know Can cook and clean, im a "new man"
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6642|Peoria

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

My name is Matt, I am 20 years old, and I am currently a political science/ Pre-law major.

I am currently employed as a reading tutor for first graders and am considering an internship with Barack Obama's office or an internship with a legal firm here in Peoria.
haha I was international relations/pre law too.  Never got around to the law part though, maybe in a few years I can pursue my Human Rights Law degree.
I'm really big into mock trial right now, we're currently prosecuting a wrongful shooting of a teenager right now.

I wanna go to law school so badly, I'm just afraid that I'm not going to be able to afford it.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6526|The lunar module
https://i15.tinypic.com/2h690s1.jpg

Ha!

That's me nekkid and drunk. Favorite summer pastime.

The nom de guerre 'apollo' comes from my obsession with the NASA Apollo program. _fi is for Finland.

I just turned 38, been married for 6 years. I try to convince my bosses that I manage content management IT things in a largish corporation.

University studies include English and Architecture, never got around to getting a degree from either of them.

I appreciate Hans Albert's flavor of Critical Rationalism.

The best beers on earth are made in Belgium, and the best vodka comes from Finland.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6522|Milkystania, yurop
Well im Magnus im 22 years old and I live in Sweden.I have been to uni and read peace and conflict studies and criminology. Im currently unemployed and looking to work in denmark so I will get higher wages. And im lazy i mean realy lazy. And i like insulting people....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard