Attention BF2s!
The game has started, but you can still join a team

for the rules go to http://ry4an.org/diptutor/mgp00001.html

I Currently Have Orders From:
France
Turkey

Anyone on a team can send orders!

The Version of the Rules We Will Use
The goal of the game is to occupy the most territory at the end of the game. To do this you will have to team up with other countries, and conquer other ones. The secret to victory is to backstab your opponent, and watch out for them backstabbing you.

Each country will have its pieces on the bases to start off. These will be either an army or a navy. the army can only go on land, and the navy can go on sea and in land spaces adjacent to the sea.

For a turn, every territory will send an order for each piece you have on the board. the orders are:
Move/Attack
this will be done with the writen order  Belgium --> Holland
this will make the unit in Belgium move to holland, taking it.
If more than one country move into the same space at once, or if a piece moves to an occupied space, neither piece moves if each is unsupported. this is where support comes in to play

Support
this will be done with the written order Gascony - S - Marseilles --> Spain, as long as the order Marseilles --> Spain is also written
the country with the most support will win a battle. If a piece is on a space and is defeated at that space, it moves back to any unoccupied space. if there is no open space, it is removed from the board.

the secret of support is you may support anyplayer's piece in an attack on any other players territory. this is why the game is called diplomacy.

Convoy
this allows a navy to transport an army across water
its written as Ionian Sea - C - Greece --> Napoli as long as Greece --> Napoli is also written.

Hold
you say Greece - H
it makes you stay put.

Now, to take the board, if you win a battle, and take a space with a base(star) then you may place another unit(army or navy) on any unoccupied base that you currently own.

If any move cannot be made, for any reason, it wont be. think of this if you have a huge chain of movements.

I think this is it, but if there is more, i will add it later.

The Blank Board

The teams as they stand currently:

Germany
Seremaker - Leader
Major.League.Infidel

England
FFLink13 - Leader
Vilham

France
<BoTM>J_Aero - Leader

Italy
doctastrangelove1964 - Leader
Homeschtar

Austria-Hungary
ThomasMorgan - Leader
Fallschirmjager10

Turkey
Snipedya14 - Leader
Tompie913

Russia
Ender2309 - Leader
التعريفات

The current board:
https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/839/diplomacymapstartfu7.jpg

I also recomend getting the xfires of all of the opposing leaders so you can arrange peace treaties and such.

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2007-02-18 20:08:58)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6576|Mountains of NC

Hmmmmmmmmm sounds kinda interesting - I'll join any country except France and Turkey
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6699|Devon, England
Ok,n I'll try.

England for me, please.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
Ill be the fag. Ill take France.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
If we can get 4 more people this might work
FFLink
There is.
Come on... Should be fun
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
lol, sounds like fun.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6353|Twyford, UK
Sounds a good idea, but I hate that game. Too people-y and complicated and hard to gain a numerical advantage solo.

Would appreciate being kept posted on the moves, though. May be interesting.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
so if liquid is in we only need 3 more. so we should be able to start setting up the board tomorrow.
come on guys!
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6579|USA
ill do it.  russia plz.

Edit: you'll have to edjumakate me about the game though.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2007-02-08 19:05:04)

Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6703|Mountains of West Virginia
Sure I am in

Give me whatever country but if you can Russia would be cool.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2007-02-08 19:06:42)

Home
Section.80
+447|6856|Seattle, Washington, USA

I don't want to be a leader, but I'll be on a team. Sounds cool.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2007-02-08 19:17:38)

Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6486|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Put me on Seremaker's team.  I don't get it well enough to want to try and lead a country.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
So we need one more person to lead Italy. I know someone here wants to be Il Duce, who are you.

Also I need a confirmation if Liquidat0r is actually playing.

And I want to know if you want an army or a ship on each of your territories, know that ships can only move on water and land territories next to land, and armys can only cross water in a convoy.
FFLink
There is.
I have something for Mason:

https://origin.arstechnica.com/journals/apple.media/thumb/200/200/white_flag.jpg

You'll need it.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
One more guy, plus you guys who are playing, send me some orders, or i will place the pieces according to how i would have them placed.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
I will be Italy. Only because they need a leader.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-02-09 13:23:28)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
Woohoo we have a game! so please PM me what piece you want on each of your bases by 11PM EST.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
I think its extremely unlikely the rest of the teams are going to send in their initial placements in 2 hours, so I'm going to extend the time to Sunday, unless I get them all in before then.

Anybody else, you can still join the game. I'm not sure Liquidator is actually playing, so you can be co-leader for Austria-Hungary.
FFLink
There is.
Wait, I'm still confused... I read the rules yet I'm still a bit... Yeh, confused.

I tell you where I want my Liverpool Army, London Navy and Edinburgh Navy, which all must be placed inside my dark blue line, situated around the UK?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6755|The United Center
Oh man, I used to play this game all the time in high school.
FFLink
There is.
Then be on my team. Be my... Guidance councilor.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
Have no idea how this works but i wanna be on England team of ownageness and imperialism.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
Ill put Vilham on England and TMo on Austria-Hungary

and yes, thats how its done, with the placings. We can actually start to play when I get 5 more placements from the rest of the players.
FFLink
There is.

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Ill put Vilham on England and TMo on Austria-Hungary

and yes, thats how its done, with the placings. We can actually start to play when I get 5 more placements from the rest of the players.
Answer me...

Maybe someone with more... Knowledge of the game should take the role of Englands leader

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard