NO - keep the law as it is19%19% - 35
NO - Plus stricter laws in Europe13%13% - 24
USA - should have stricter gun laws10%10% - 19
USA - Gun laws fine as thay are8%8% - 16
USA - to ban all privately owned guns5%5% - 10
Total: 183
commissargizz
+123|6472| Heaven
You have to start somewhere. Why not have an amnesty? increase the sentences for having a gun etc. It can be done you just need the will to do it.
But it will have never happen in the US. Remember Waco when the ATF wanted to confiscate the Branch Dravidian's assault weapons because they were illegal.

To me too many innocent people have been killed due to gun culture, so less guns, less death (the facts speak for themselves). I am happy with the status quo here in the UK, but if I did live in the US yup I would get a gun (I'd need it because from the sounds of some of the posters remarks we need one, sounds like the wild west at times....hehehehehe)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

lowing wrote:

UNDIESRULES wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

What's wrong with UK gun laws??

Does anyone remember he Dunblaine shootings that got the law changed?
A crazed scout master shot a load of primary school kids with a gun then shot himself.

Since then there have been NO gun massacres in schools.

We have a defence against guns we have armed response units, yes there is gun crime but it is very small.
Too right, we dont want people slaughtering each other.  Guns are for one thing only too many people forget that.
Yeah and you Europeans have reminded us of that all last century. How in the hell did you guys manage to kill so many of yourselves if nobody had a gun? This century is still young, I still have faith that you can not live in peace for the next 50 years.
way to go off topic. I think army doesnt mean civilian does it? If anyone has taught us much in the last century on killing I would have to say the three top contenders would be Germany, Russia and AMERICA. Way to go...

Last edited by Vilham (2007-02-10 03:38:45)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711
At the momment my conclusion is this.

UK is better off WITHOUT guns.
US is better off WITH guns.

The UK is a small place so disarming the population was not easy, but easier than is we were a large country and that firearm ownage was deep rooted in our culture and law. In the UK we never had "if you were pissed off with someone you shot them with a Saturday Night gun". Instead we have thugs beating each other up, so far Brits seem more reluctant to kill each other, this does not mean we have lower murder rates. It just means it's not in our culture.

From what I've gathered from US attitudes on firearms is that they NEED them. It seems to me that it is more deep rooted in your culture, law and population. You're just too damn big NOT to have weapons. This is not neccesarily a bad thing. Your country is free to do whatever it wants and should not compare itself to any other. If the UK gets on fine without firearms. Good for them!!

Though I still don't understand Canada, they apparantly have a larger amount of weapons, but little gun crime comparatively. Though this seems to be their more friendly culture. Not their laws. Correct me if I am wrong on this. I haven't researched Canada what-so-evarrr.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vilham wrote:

lowing wrote:

UNDIESRULES wrote:

Too right, we dont want people slaughtering each other.  Guns are for one thing only too many people forget that.
Yeah and you Europeans have reminded us of that all last century. How in the hell did you guys manage to kill so many of yourselves if nobody had a gun? This century is still young, I still have faith that you can not live in peace for the next 50 years.
way to go off topic. I think army doesnt mean civilian does it? If anyone has taught us much in the last century on killing I would have to say the three top contenders would be Germany, Russia and AMERICA. Way to go...
Actually it is very much on topic. Don't think for a second that an invading army will have an easy time with armed militia any more than they will our military.

Your opinion on America means very little as I stick to facts. Try substituting Japan in there for America.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vilham wrote:

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Whats that lowing?? Homicide rate more than 6x higher?
Are you comparing apples and apples there pal?

Do you have stats to back this up?
do i realy have to troll through tons of previous threads to find the links that show this? You have seen the evidence before when these kinds of threads have been before, unless somehow you missed them entirely. If however you go back 1-2 pages you will find that someone in this thread has already posted a link to the stats.

Just so you know it is Apples and apples. Its a rate. If it wasnt a rate it would be 30x higher.
Do I have to troll the internet and post stats of my own that counter your stats, very easy to do. google pro gun ownership and see what ya get, instead of Iloveguncontrol.com or Ihatetheconstitution.com
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
Your whole point was that Europe taught you about killing. Well that killing was done by ARMIES not CIVILIANS unlike in America where your homicide rate is 6x higher than most if not all Europian countries who stopped fighting with each other over 50 years ago, whereas America has been involved in killing and wars across the globe since then.

Please tell me the how many times Japan has been in a war since end of WWII and then compare to America.

As i said before "Germany, Russia and AMERICA."
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711

Ridir wrote:

An invading army is trying to quickly advance across the countries of the U.K. and the U.S.  In the U.K. the civilians run and hide and try not to get presecuted by the invading army.  In the U.S. the invaders are bogged down in every major city and all across the South.  Small militias have formed and are using their privately owned firearms to harrasse and distract the invading army.
Sorry I found this quite funny. Yes that may happen, but isn't that exactly what the Iraqis are doing right now???

That was off topic. Don't reply to that, just made me chuckle.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vilham wrote:

Your whole point was that Europe taught you about killing. Well that killing was done by ARMIES not CIVILIANS unlike in America where your homicide rate is 6x higher than most if not all Europian countries who stopped fighting with each other over 50 years ago, whereas America has been involved in killing and wars across the globe since then.

Please tell me the how many times Japan has been in a war since end of WWII and then compare to America.

As i said before "Germany, Russia and AMERICA."
I think you might be forgetting about China in the 30's.

hadn't fought in 50 years huh, I guess that Bosnia Croatia thing doesn't count, or that England Ireland thing, that is just off the top of my head I am sure there is more.

My point was maybe, just maybe, countries like France would not have surrendered if they had a militia, as it was the French resistance was a significant pain in the ass to Germany during the occupation. Imagine all of the law aiding citizens as armed.

I love the English people, I love their defiance in the face of tyranny, but what were they going to do IF Germany actually invaded Britain without an armed citizen?
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711
We would have been crushed. Plain and simple. But we weren't because Hitler was an idiot, but we still had one damn good army and still have.
commissargizz
+123|6472| Heaven
I thought we had NATO so when a country is attacked all members of NATO stick together.

Anyway who would attack the US in a straight on fight?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

We would have been crushed. Plain and simple. But we weren't because Hitler was an idiot, but we still had one damn good army and still have.
Exactly. If America's army had failed and the country had been invaded by the Nazi's your guns would mean nothing to them. Their blitzkrieg tactics would have enabled them to fuck you up, they also wouldnt have had an problems with rounding you up and just exterminating most of your population. I someone is powerful enough to invade your country most likely little guns will mean nothing. This obviously isnt the case in the ME though as they support each other with weapons being smuggled illegally.
commissargizz
+123|6472| Heaven
I love the English people, I love their defiance in the face of tyranny, but what were they going to do IF Germany actually invaded Britain without an armed citizen?

Nice one, in WW1 and WW2 we didn't have armed citizens. We still won!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570

Parker wrote:

wrong again
O rly?

ts-pulsar wrote:

I admit I was just using the term machine gun for simplicity, basically I just meant Class III weapons.  But for those that aren't gun people, it's just easier to understand Machine Gun, which most people understand as a weapon that fires more than one round per pull of the trigger.
And according to you:

Parker wrote:

pulsar knows his shit.
Now, this might not be quite so embarrassing if it weren't for the fact that it was followed with:

Parker wrote:

child.
Guess again.

Parker wrote:

although, i am debating firearms with someone who isnt even old enough to hold one
Actually, based on your laws I am.  And based on our laws no-one is (except farmers, IIRC).

Does it hurt to have your entire post fall apart?
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711
Have you not heard of Churchills secret army? We had one HECK of resistance in WWII all sorted out. WITH firearms.

Actually this is completely off-topic so I will no longer comment of WWII or anything like that!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

commissargizz wrote:

Nice one, in WW1 and WW2 we didn't have armed citizens. We still won!
Gotta break out the ole' history books again and read up on the invasion of England during WW1 and WW2. Try re-reading the points made and get back with me if you are still confused, I will explain it my point in a different way.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vilham wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Exactly. If America's army had failed and the country had been invaded by the Nazi's your guns would mean nothing to them. Their blitzkrieg tactics would have enabled them to fuck you up, they also wouldnt have had an problems with rounding you up and just exterminating most of your population. I someone is powerful enough to invade your country most likely little guns will mean nothing. This obviously isnt the case in the ME though as they support each other with weapons being smuggled illegally.
I don't think so, it would be hard to round up the civilians when the civilians are shooting back.

Our citizens in America are armed more heavily than the cops. Govt. needs to fear citizens, not citizens fearing govt. Anyone invading America would really have a world of hurt to contend with. Not bragging, but really a fact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Parker wrote:

wrong again
O rly?

ts-pulsar wrote:

I admit I was just using the term machine gun for simplicity, basically I just meant Class III weapons.  But for those that aren't gun people, it's just easier to understand Machine Gun, which most people understand as a weapon that fires more than one round per pull of the trigger.
And according to you:

Parker wrote:

pulsar knows his shit.
Now, this might not be quite so embarrassing if it weren't for the fact that it was followed with:

Parker wrote:

child.
Guess again.

Parker wrote:

although, i am debating firearms with someone who isnt even old enough to hold one
Actually, based on your laws I am.  And based on our laws no-one is (except farmers, IIRC).

Does it hurt to have your entire post fall apart?
You should know bubbalo.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570
Oh, should I?  Is somebody taking an absolutely ridiculous definition of a term, which is the exact opposite of other usages, and using to "prove" my post wrong something to be embarrassed about?  Gee, I never realised
commissargizz
+123|6472| Heaven
Please do get out the history books. We didn't have armed citzens yet we won. Simple. Or were the Germans too scared we would attack them with our morris dancers.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

I don't think so, it would be hard to round up the civilians when the civilians are shooting back.

Our citizens in America are armed more heavily than the cops. Govt. needs to fear citizens, not citizens fearing govt. Anyone invading America would really have a world of hurt to contend with. Not bragging, but really a fact.
Your government doesn't fear its citizens its the citizens that fear other citizens which tbh is a bit of a fucked up way of living.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vilham wrote:

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Your government doesn't fear its citizens its the citizens that fear other citizens which tbh is a bit of a fucked up way of living.
Painfully obvious, you have no idea what you are talking about, or have a clue as to what living in America is actually like.

You have tried to say some bullshit like this before. You think Americans live their lives in fear of the boogyman. I said it before I will say it again, if this diluted opinion of yours helps you validate your hatred of America so be it, I don't care. It is obvious your mind is made up so I will not try and confuse you with the facts of the matter.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570
You keep going on about how you need weapons to defend yourselves.  Sounds like fear of other citizens to me.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

commissargizz wrote:

Please do get out the history books. We didn't have armed citzens yet we won. Simple. Or were the Germans too scared we would attack them with our morris dancers.
Still waiting on you to re-read, or even read for the first time, the points of the posts. When you do you will be up on the current conversation on the matter. IF after you have read, you are still confused let me know.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

Bubbalo wrote:

You keep going on about how you need weapons to defend yourselves.  Sounds like fear of other citizens to me.
Exactly! I dont even see how he can deny it.

You are just unwilling to admit that your country is a bit messed up just like every other country in the world.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-02-10 06:48:47)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
Just so you know lowing I dont hate anyone based on their country. I have American family I definitely dont hate them.

I just hate ass bandits.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard