USA - should have stricter gun laws10%10% - 19
USA - Gun laws fine as thay are8%8% - 16
USA - to ban all privately owned guns5%5% - 10
Total: 183
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6451|KENT
Curious about our draconion gun laws here in England
it seems only criminals have guns - we have no defence ?

Last edited by SuperMike (2007-02-07 08:41:22)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio
US citizen cannot own ALL types of guns.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-07 08:42:53)

Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

From what I have read on these forums, you apparently have a knife problem now. There will always be a replacement for what has been taken away, so I say- give the people their rights to bust caps again!!

usmarine2007 wrote:

You can in a class 3 state, like here in Arizona.

Last edited by Volatile_Squirrel (2007-02-07 08:45:50)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

It'd only lead to chav's having handguns, and that's something I really don't like the idea of. Yes the 'real criminals' already have guns, but so far I have never been bothered by them, whereas I have been bothered by chav's with knifes/fists.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

I said America not Mexico.
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

LMAO, so true.
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6451|KENT
Yes We do  - its like politics here - full of back stabbers

seriously with all the unchecked illegal immigrant problem here
we seem to have an increase of "undesirable East European" gangsters
Using more weapons like knives & guns - We aint got anything to fight back
with apart from "air guns" ?????
bubbass
humble
+61|6560

usmarine2007 wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Columbus has different laws then the rest of Ohio. Here in Youngstown, I can own Class 3 weapons as well.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d
knifes over guns any day.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6358|Columbus, Ohio

bubbass wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Columbus has different laws then the rest of Ohio. Here in Youngstown, I can own Class 3 weapons as well.
Shows what I know, I don't even own a gun. 

/exits thread.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-07 08:51:49)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command

usmarine2007 wrote:

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
Null vote. 

Any citizen in good standing (not a criminal) in any country should be able to own a firearm.  If a citizen wants to own fully automatic weapons they should go through the class 3 licensing process.  Limiting weapon purchase to 25 and up doesn't make sense to me.  Age 18 would be better. 

You are right that the criminals will always have guns, not matter what gun laws are in place.  Banning weapons only takes away the ability of a law-abiding citizen to defend themselves.
bubbass
humble
+61|6560

usmarine2007 wrote:

/exits thread.
Aww, I didn't mean to scare you away.

For some reason, Columbus has strict laws regarding what could be mailed in. For instance, you can't have high capacity magazines shipped to your front door. As the laws go for owning certain weapons, I'm not entirely sure.

Stingray24 wrote:

Null vote. 

Any citizen in good standing (not a criminal) in any country should be able to own a firearm.  If a citizen wants to own fully automatic weapons they should go through the class 3 licensing process.  Limiting weapon purchase to 25 and up doesn't make sense to me.  Age 18 would be better. 

You are right that the criminals will always have guns, not matter what gun laws are in place.  Banning weapons only takes away the ability of a law-abiding citizen to defend themselves.
I agree 100%. But I enjoy my guns not only as a defense, but a hobby as well.

Last edited by bubbass (2007-02-07 08:55:07)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6693
What's wrong with UK gun laws??

Does anyone remember he Dunblaine shootings that got the law changed?
A crazed scout master shot a load of primary school kids with a gun then shot himself.

Since then there have been NO gun massacres in schools.

We have a defence against guns we have armed response units, yes there is gun crime but it is very small.
Stingray24

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

*moves to Arizona*
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

Stingray24 wrote:

Null vote. 

We have a much higher asshole ratio in the UK than you do in the US, so us nice people would be getting shot at all the time.
Stingray24

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

A crazed scout master shot a load of primary school kids with a gun then shot himself.

We have a defence against guns we have armed response units, yes there is gun crime but it is very small.
Armed response units/police are mop up crews.  Rarely do they prevent gun crime.  They wait outside the building so they don't provoke the shooters.  Then when the shooting starts, it's too late.  Gimme my .45.  If someone's going to come for me, I want a chance to take him down first.

ghettoperson wrote:

We have a much higher asshole ratio in the UK than you do in the US, so us nice people would be getting shot at all the time.
Sorry to hear that.  But if the assholes knew the other guy might be carrying, they may think twice.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-02-07 09:00:41)

SuperMike
Banned
+11|6451|KENT

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Wrong arguement - Dr. Shipman killed over 250 - No gun involved - better ban syringes then?
We always gonna get nutters - why ban all guns ?
Stingray24

SuperMike wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Wrong arguement - Dr. Shipman killed over 250 - No gun involved - better ban syringes then?
We always gonna get nutters - why ban all guns ?
. . . many liberals fear guns.  They should fear nutters instead.
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6451|KENT

ghettoperson wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Null vote. 

How would you know ? Dutch boy?    lmao
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6693
That;s not the point I was making what-so-evaaaaaaarrrr and you know it.
We were talking about GUN crime, when did I say we should ban dangerous things??

Yes the armed units don't really shoot the guy but they can prevent things.

I think things are fine the way they are. Gun crime is small, but still existant. Do we really want to be like Switzaland whith the third highest gun murders in the world? Or like South Africa where "licenced" guns are non-exhistant?
commissargizz
+123|6455| Heaven
Also Hungerford. 
If we had guns we wouldn't be allowed to use them against criminals anyway, remember that farmer Martin Hill who shot 2 guys raiding his house. He went to jail. Yeah I know he shot one in the back but what if the idiot had a gun also.

One gun in the wrong hands is worse than 1,000 guns in sensible hands.
Barrakuda777
+86|6728|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
No.

With the current chav population boom, making access to firearms anything other than prohibitively expensive is a very bad idea. All the wanna be hard nuts with an actual way of doing something.... gun crime would be prolific.

Or take chris rocks idea of guns for all, but REALLY expensive ammo.... if someone got shot by a chav, chances the chav worked 2 jobs for a month and saved really really hard.... so the guy he killed probably deserved it!

But seriously....

NO.
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6451|KENT

commissargizz wrote:

Also Hungerford. 
If we had guns we wouldn't be allowed to use them against criminals anyway, remember that farmer Martin Hill who shot 2 guys raiding his house. He went to jail. Yeah I know he shot one in the back but what if the idiot had a gun also.

One gun in the wrong hands is worse than 1,000 guns in sensible hands.
If pikey thieves broke into my house I would "nail" their heads  through the eyes to the floorboards
with the biggest knife i could find.
Much prefer to plug their sorry asses with 20 rounds from  an M16 - more satisfying.
commissargizz
+123|6455| Heaven
@supermike

that's killing from a distance, more fun (and manly?) if  you stick em with a knife. At least then you can say oopppssss to the police and say it was a fair fight, wasn't my fault he fell on my Bowie knife"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard