Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6743|Singapore
https://mouv4x8.club.fr/11Sept01/A9010b_Murderer_children.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia: Former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad accused George W. Bush and Tony Blair of being more evil and bigger murderers than Saddam Hussein and the Sept. 11 attackers.

In some of his most provocative swipes at the U.S. and British leaders, Mahathir said Monday that their war in Iraq had caused worse terror than al-Qaida's suicide bombers around the world.

"History should remember Blair and Bush as the killers of children, or as the lying prime minister and president," said Mahathir, long known for frequent and scathing verbal attacks on Western countries and culture.

As prime minister, Mahathir was unabashedly vocal in his criticism of the United States, Britain and Australia. After stepping down in October 2003, he has become even more strident.

"What Blair and Bush have done is worse than what Saddam had done," Mahathir, 81, said in a speech to inaugurate a three-day conference organized by his nongovernment organization, Perdana, and aimed at criminalizing war.

The tribunal will not have the legal authority of any international organization and will not be able to impose penalties, but Mahathir said its aim is to condemn the accused in history books.

"We should not hang Blair if the tribunal finds him guilty, but he should always carry the label 'War Criminal, Killer of Children, Liar,'" Mahathir said. "And so should Bush and the pocket Bush of the Bushland of Australia," he said, referring to Australia's Prime Minister John Howard, a staunch ally in Washington's campaign against terrorism.

Seventeen people — nine from Iraq, five from the Palestinian territories and three from Lebanon — have arrived for the peace conference, where they will submit oral or written complaints to the so-called Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission.

After investigations, the commission will decide whether the leaders accused in the complaints should stand trial, albeit in absentia, at the war tribunal.

Mahathir said terrorist attacks, such as those of Sept. 11, 2001, are weak people's retaliation against oppression by powerful countries.

In the war on terror ordered by Bush, Mahathir was a front-line Asian ally of the U.S. immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks, arresting and jailing more than 100 suspected Islamic sympathizers of al-Qaida in Malaysia.

However, Mahathir maintains that the root cause of Islamic terrorism is the injustices of the West, especially in the Palestinian territories and Iraq.

Terrorism cannot be condoned, but neither can the "cruel retaliation by powerful countries," he said.

The Sept. 11 attackers may have killed about 3,000 people, but about 600,000 people have been killed during the U.S.-led war in Iraq and Afghanistan, he said.

"The terror caused (by powerful countries) is actually greater, and the powerful countries are much more terrorists than the suicide bombers," he said.

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...r-Tribunal.php

Last edited by Ayumiz (2007-02-05 15:42:19)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6404|The Gem Saloon
i really doubt that 600,000 is an accurate number..........
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6694|United States of America

Parker wrote:

i really doubt that 600,000 is an accurate number..........
I think that may be total, including all that Iraqis have killed each other. Also, every day in the papers when mass graves are uncovered, the news will say that there were 100 killed that day even though they only found bodies.

That picture bothers me though; indoctrinate some more children?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6774|Toronto Canada
yeah i think we might look back at bush in 20 years and condemn his actions.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

I rather like that picture.
King_Vegeta
+4|6638
I think having that innocent little girl holding up such a sign is more evil than anything Bush/Blair have done.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

King_Vegeta wrote:

I think having that innocent little girl holding up such a sign is more evil than anything Bush/Blair have done.
But she appears to be having fun... It'd be a shame to take the experience away from her.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6774|Toronto Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

King_Vegeta wrote:

But she appears to be having fun... It'd be a shame to take the experience away from her.
i wish i had had such a fulfillin childhood
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

King_Vegeta wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, but I would agree that bringing children into a protest is rather irresponsible to say the least.

I mean, seriously...  How is foreign policy a relevant topic to expose young children to?  Let them have a childhood....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard