[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM
Yo all

I've got a question for all the karkand players:

- Why do you play this map and give some good arguments as this is the most popular map on bf2 I would like to know why YOU play it.

- Par ex:

- My friend told me it was the best map
¨Plz Respond

GreeTZ Gunny
FrenziedAU
+6|6439|Australia
I'm not a huge Karkand player, but I often play it when I get sick of randomly dying to Jet-Whores.  I think the lack of Jets and Helicopters is part of Karkand's appeal. 
I wouldn't call it my favourite map, but the combination of lots of cover, long-ish range combat, close quarters mayhem, sniping spots, and some armour action make it quite enjoyable.  This assumes non-IO - the only IO Karkand round I have played was such a massive nade-spam fest that I've never gone back.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6500|Minnesota eh
Its the best infantry map.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

nearly every IO server runs it 24/7, i think it is a good map in that gatehouse to train accident involves good battles. However my favourite map is daqing or dalian due to the helis and jets but i only play karkie IO to get points quick
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

FrenziedAU wrote:

I'm not a huge Karkand player, but I often play it when I get sick of randomly dying to Jet-Whores.  I think the lack of Jets and Helicopters is part of Karkand's appeal. 
I wouldn't call it my favourite map, but the combination of lots of cover, long-ish range combat, close quarters mayhem, sniping spots, and some armour action make it quite enjoyable.  This assumes non-IO - the only IO Karkand round I have played was such a massive nade-spam fest that I've never gone back.
yeah especialy the 64 player maps where LORD OF WEED plays in for 15 hours a day.-->noob

Gunny
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638

Mr.Casual wrote:

I disagree. I would say Sharqi is the best infantry map but with Karkand you can get to the fighting a little faster.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

Mr.Casual wrote:

Totaly agreeing
RaVeN.sco
+15|6525|Scotland
my only problem with sharqi or any IO server. it turns into a bloody sniperfest...booooooooooooring
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

RaVeN.sco wrote:

my only problem with sharqi or any IO server. it turns into a bloody sniperfest...booooooooooooring
no not true but lol:p
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6618|Warlord

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Mr.Casual wrote:

I disagree. I would say Sharqi is the best infantry map...
For vanilla, I agree.

I don't like Karkand much, grew to loathe it in my noob days when I didn't know any better, but when I was working on my WLRs for all the maps I had a few fun rounds that helped me not hate it any more. Now, it's good for a break every now and then (good place to get Expert Ground Defence as commander on USMC ) and with no-vehicle mode it can be completely different, but it's boring as watching paint dry playing it for hour after hour, day in day out.

RaVeN.sco wrote:

Only if you're not a sniper
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
Its Sharqi, Karkand, Mashtur, Jalalabad Those are great infantry maps. Even with vehicles. Although tbh without vehicles that are more squad based.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It's popular because it's easy as hell and takes no skill to get shitloads of points.
Augustus
+0|6697
I agree. Its popular because of all the points you can get. A commander on Karkand can get some truely insane points on this map.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6653|Groningen, The Netherlands

[BAC]Gunfire wrote:

Yo all

- Why do you play this map and give some good arguments as this is the most popular map on bf2 I would like to know why YOU play it.

- Par ex:

¨Plz Respond

GreeTZ Gunny
lol, easy...

lots of noobs (high kdr), lots of points (nice spm), close combat (high accuracy)

karkand is almost like statpadding
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't care for points,people play it because it's infantry action were the fighting isn't 5 minutes away.

Well thats why i played it anyway.
Badcow68
+4|6716|Tucson, AZ
I think its because the lack of jet's and heli's. Any good squard can do well even if its a nad spamming fest. It does tend to be good for points but gets boring real fast. Had a 389 round on Karkand as IO. Was a long round and have not gone back on since. Like Sharqi and Jala, but USMC on Jala has a hard time starting out in IO. Just like Karkand. Would like to see a map where it is city over the entire map. No river running through it or open area.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

Gamematt wrote:

[BAC]Gunfire wrote:

Yo all

- Par ex:

¨Plz Respond

GreeTZ Gunny
lol, easy...

lots of noobs (high kdr), lots of points (nice spm), close combat (high accuracy)

karkand is almost like statpadding
<mhh but why is your fav map also karkand?

Greetz gunny
Sinyukov
+4|6702
I used to love playing Karkand to get away from all the jet/chopper whores when I had no idea how to fly. Now I am being drawn more to Special Forces and the Warlord map probably for the medals that I still need to get and to get away from all the nade spammers in front of Hotel.

Last edited by Sinyukov (2007-02-05 11:26:06)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

[BAC]Gunfire wrote:

FrenziedAU wrote:

yeah especialy the 64 player maps where LORD OF WEED plays in for 15 hours a day.-->noob

Gunny
Actually, I played with him recently (total random server and he was playing there), he's a pretty good teamplayer. I revived him, he gave me ammo. When I died, he grabbed my kit and revived me after clearing the area. WHICH is what a lot of people often don't do, sometimes medics just run over your body, up to the next flag without reviving you at all.

Karkand: No jets, no heli. You don't have to run hours to get some action, easier to make points, a good team can make the difference and win on both sides. With vehicles, every kit is useful, on IO there's a lot of teamwork (and/or) sniperwork. It's an okay map. Sharqi is fine too but you usually have to run a lot longer before you see an opponent. (and heli whoring with mec chopper)
That are most of the appealing things at karkand.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM
Actually, I played with him recently (total random server and he was playing there), he's a pretty good teamplayer. I revived him, he gave me ammo. When I died, he grabbed my kit and revived me after clearing the area. WHICH is what a lot of people often don't do, sometimes medics just run over your body, up to the next flag without reviving you at all.
Mhh but check his grenade stats mhh that's alot grenade kills and hours, but maybe he changed his mind now and plays regular servers ( which server was it?)

I still need to get and to get away from all the nade spammers in front of Hotel.
mhh don't got any troubles with that problem just go around the hotel by the hills or the railway next to the big wall ( the notice WARNING LEAVING COMBAT AREA... shows up then) that will be effective and you got a big chance of winning the round if you capter suburb and trainaccident by this tactic.

Greetz Gunny
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Mr.Casual wrote:

I disagree. I would say Sharqi is the best infantry map...
For vanilla, I agree.

I don't like Karkand much, grew to loathe it in my noob days when I didn't know any better, but when I was working on my WLRs for all the maps I had a few fun rounds that helped me not hate it any more. Now, it's good for a break every now and then (good place to get Expert Ground Defence as commander on USMC ) and with no-vehicle mode it can be completely different, but it's boring as watching paint dry playing it for hour after hour, day in day out.

RaVeN.sco wrote:

Only if you're not a sniper
BTW nice sniping movie +1 for u
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

PBAsydney wrote:

It's popular because it's easy as hell and takes no skill to get shitloads of points.
Ding! We have a winner.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6380|USA, MICHIGAN
quick pts, good battles, no air.  thats why i like karkand p.s. i hate nade spammers too, just need to take a different route to avoid them
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6454|Tyne & Wear, England
I mostly play Special Forces, but whenever I have played Vanilla I have tried to stay away from Karkand as much as possible, and I'm a predominantly infantry based player.  I dont know why but I just dont like the map.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6357|BeLgIuM

hate&discontent wrote:

quick pts, good battles, no air.  thats why i like karkand p.s. i hate nade spammers too, just need to take a different route to avoid them
mhh don't got any troubles with that problem just go around the hotel by the hills or the railway next to the big wall ( the notice WARNING LEAVING COMBAT AREA... shows up then) that will be effective and you got a big chance of winning the round if you capter suburb and trainaccident by this tactic.
didn't read this?

greetz gunny

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard