ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
We all think we are going to live forever.

We all believe it will happen to the other guy.

We all think we are preparred to die.

The reality of tobacco is that it is self murder.
Some may have heard me mention that my step father and business partner is dying from lung cancer...

He can't quit. He still sneaks in a smoke.

He lives in terror of the end, and is sick with the knowledge that he did it to himself.

And yet he can't quit.

Please , join me in ditching tobacco, if you use it. Don't wait until you have children and are dying before you try.
https://i19.tinypic.com/4960rx2.jpg

25 years of using this shit and I am on my fourth day cold turkey.

Any tips on how to stay quit, or vows to quit, please share.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
Away with ze tabbaco!
im4confederacy
+1|6408
Chew gum,suckers, sunflower seeds. Anything that really keeps your mind of it.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6575
I guess you could ask people to take away any you may try to sneak in no matter what.
Bananaman
+9|6638
Tobacco + weed = win
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Given the fact heart disease in the number one killer in America, that blue cheese I put on my salad means I am committing suicide as well with that logic . (I don't smoke nor do I advocate it)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470
i told my friend that if she ever sees me smoking a cigarette to punch me in the face.

(oh yeah, we smoke weed but cigs are nasty shit.)

Last edited by norge (2007-02-05 08:15:42)

ATG
Banned

daffytag wrote:

I guess you could ask people to take away any you may try to sneak in no matter what.
There's something pretty motivating, seeing a person die from tobacco. I think I'm good.

Hopefully my wife will still speak to me when I'm done being a lunatic!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
I have no idea how to quit from crew but you should try to read the "easy way to quit smoking" I haven't finished it yet but it self hypnotises you and after reading 3 chapters I didn't have a cig for 3 days(which is huge for me).. So give it a shot, if you go to the patch you're just suplimenting.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
Birthdays = Suicide

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-02-05 08:16:52)

apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6530|The lunar module
Former smoker here *cough*.

Stay off tobacco for three weeks, no nicotine chewing gum or patches. Gets you off the habit & off the chemical addiction.
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6673
My dad has chewed all his life. He's 49 and hasn't had a dip since Christmas. I'm very proud of him. He has been chewing gum to help. He buys those big value packs of Wrigleys, Dentyne, Trident, ect. I think he has the nicotine beat, but the habit of always having/putting something in your mouth is going to take a while to overcome.

Good luck man. Eat healthy too so you don't totally blimp.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio
I use Skoal also ATG...about 15 years now.  My Dentist still can't tell I chew.  So, until he tells me I need to stop, I can't say that I will.  Everything causes cancer.  My Aunt has cancer, never drank, smoked...anything.  My Grandpa smoked, chewed, drank, and pretty much every unhealthy thing you could do, and he lived to be 95.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6623|Camp XRay

avoid all human contact.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
ATG
Banned

TechGuy wrote:

My dad has chewed all his life. He's 49 and hasn't had a dip since Christmas. I'm very proud of him. He has been chewing gum to help. He buys those big value packs of Wrigleys, Dentyne, Trident, ect. I think he has the nicotine beat, but the habit of always having/putting something in your mouth is going to take a while to overcome.

Good luck man. Eat healthy too so you don't totally blimp.
No doubt. I should buy stock in a sugarless gum company.
A wad of gum between the cheeck and teeth kinda simulates the feeling. That and I could rub some gravel on my gums to simulate the shredding it does.

I will not fail this time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Come on ATG! I have faith in you that you can pull it off. Admittedly I don't smoke and so have never had to quit, but I figure the best way to go about it would just be to say, that's it, that's the last one, and that way you never find yourself persuading yourself that you can have just one more. I've never been addicted to something really, so I have no idea how hard that probably is though.
RaVeN.sco
+15|6534|Scotland
ATG dude, GL, ive been of the cigs for 2 years now, but i had help,
i have a 2 year old son, no way do i want him to grow up with a dad that cant kick a ball about with him.

use willpower man, its hard but you can acheive anything if you put your mind to it,and if your goal is worth it. mines is.!
too_money2007
+145|6308|Keller, Tx
One way to quit is to never start. Make sure your children know how bad smoking is and what it'll do to them. Worst part, is that cigarette companies are allowed to stay in business when their product kills like 250k people a day, or a year, or whatever the stat is.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
My father quit cold turkey before I was born when his father, my grandfather, died of cancer after a long and painful battle with the disease. He hasn't smoked one cigarrette since.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-02-05 09:23:32)

mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6437|Germany
get the flu. you don't want to smoke when coughing all the time and 1 week without should be enough to make it easier to stop completely.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
Alcohol kills, tobacco kills, trans fats kill, etc.

Personally, I've never been interested in smoking cigarrettes, and I've only had 4 or 5 in my life so far.

Still, I find it hypocritical about American culture how we demonize cigarrettes, but we rarely talk much about what alcohol does to society.  It reminds me of how stupid it is that alcohol and cigarrettes are legal, but pot is illegal.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
My father quit when I was born, as a promise to my mother.

You got my support.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6388|USA, MICHIGAN
I still chew, actually dip (kodiac, skoal), but when i was in the USMC i went through 3 or 4 cans a day, now i'm down to about 4 or 5 cans a week.  i know its a nasty habit, but damn its hard to quit.  good luck!!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Eat or chew the shit out of anything. Its what i do to stop the hunger. I am eternally cursed with fucking hunger. I havent let in though and have never been fat.
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6481
I smoked ciggarettes for a while, but then i quit them nasty hoes, and i smoke the hell outta some weed though, chew gum, or eat a lollipop or somthing, enough to keep your mind off smoking one,

Last edited by *e6/TheChronic (2007-02-05 10:17:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard