Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6721|Central Valley,California
It will start to load up....then just stops the loading. Can't even get to a intro screen. I restored the computer to when it worked, still stops. Re-installed it, still stops. What the fuck can I do? I'm so pissed with this thing.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
Any help, anyone?
wodstlk
+2|6395
uninstall, and reinstall
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6572|Behind you, with a knife
take a big rock and throw it at your computer until it work
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
Fixed it. Had to re-install a SECOND time. :\
kachunkachunk
+8|6406|Ontario
For future reference, you fix this by going into your video.con file (in your profile, in the battlefield 2142 directory, which is in your My Documents or Documents folder), and editing in a proper resolution and refresh rate.
Or simply deleting the video.con file.

Do this to your profile (0001 or something) and the default profile.

Explanation: the game is instructed to run at a resolution (or more often, refresh rate) that your monitor or device does not support. The game simply isn't designed with this problem in mind, so no errors are returned, nor is any kind of exception handling (like defaulting the resolution or refresh rate when this type of error is detected.

This is more commonly experienced if you switch monitors a lot, or if a driver update for some reason changes supported resolutions. Laptop players need to be especially careful about the monitor switching. Keep it at 60hz so it works with your laptop's LCD panel.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

Last edited by kachunkachunk (2007-02-05 11:05:23)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
For even more future reference, there IS a dedicated Tech section for all this kinda stuff. Post it there
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard