Hyper_Dude
+5|6859|United Knigdom
We all know that the stars are given to the players in the top 3, and using how many stars they have of each you can judge how well they perform on the battlefield. Purple hearts are similar, awarded to people who have spawned infront of tanks too often (or just suck!) However, I want more. Greedy I know, but let me explain.

At the end of each round you see the score list, but there's also a tab for Top Scores. Under here is the 'Top Scores' listing the players with the highest scores for various teamwork and combat actions, as well as best overall teamwork and combat for that round. Personally I would prefer to see these converted into a group of stats or even awards which can be gained. Let me explain.

Lets say Bob has played 10 games, and he's managed to get 2 best medic medals, 3 best heal, 5 best revive, 4 for most flag capture assists, 1 best teamwork and 1 best transport.

It's pretty clear Bob likes being a Medic, but it shows you what type of medic he is. He concentrates on his teamwork scores more than combat, healing men and revivng men when needed rather than going commando and using medipacks for just himself. He also helps out capturing flags, what a nice ol' chap!

I know we have the badges, indicating basic, veteran or expert, but they only tell you how long someone has played as that kit or vechile. With the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stars you can tell how good of a person is, to finish ahead of those other 63/62/61 players on the same server, and how often!

If what I've suggested were totalled, you could easily see if the medics did infact revive people, or heal. The Supports could be shown that they jsut use the gun and don't infact. The people who "whore" vechiles could infact be seen even more as they're bound to get more 'Best Armour" badges than the average Bob. It would Basically show of people's playing habits!

You could argue the regular stats are basically what I aksed for, but you can't compare times/rounds to the amount of points they're earned. How long does the average player to score 10,000 points? What if they're a medic mainly with only 250 revives? Does that mean they do it often? What if they have a stat/award saying they were the best man at Capturing a Flag 20 times out of their 76 round played? Much easier to see that he works hard!

These type of awards would be awarded at the end of each round, but it will be awarded to the best man/woman performing that duty in that round, meaning you would have to work hard to get them, not use a tank to get 15 sniper kills and get rewarded a vet.  badge.

Below is a list of all the "best whatever" listed at the end of each round:

Teamwork
Kill Assist
Heal
Revive
Resupply
Repair
Driver
Flag Capture
Flag Capture Assist
Flag Defend

Combat
Anti-tank
Assault
Engineer
Medic
Spec Ops
Support
Sniper
Armour
Aviator
Air Defence
Helicopter
Transport
Ground Defence

These awards would cover everything, and would help people tell who "whores" weapons, and could help clans to decide if someone is worth recruiting.

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, I couldn't find anything via search, and sorry for the long read, but I'd liek to know what people think.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6810|NRW,Germany
I love gathering awards so I love the idea
Jodah3
+1|6775
I'm all for anything to diversify the awards, they're a joke as they are right now.  I'll avoid going into my awards rant though and derailing the topic

Good idea! Sign me up on the petition.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6787|Cohog, RI
I also think there should be more (achieveable) awards in the game but there is one thing i have noticed that could be a negative to your idea.  Same goes for gold, silver, bronze stars.....the servers with 16-32 players would really rape these medals because 90% of the time on the 32 ppl servers i play on i see most of the slots for best heal, resupply, etc blank because no one played them. OR there is one guy getting all of the with only 1 point in each category.  thats the only problem i see.
Jodah3
+1|6775

dobbs wrote:

I also think there should be more (achieveable) awards in the game but there is one thing i have noticed that could be a negative to your idea.  Same goes for gold, silver, bronze stars.....the servers with 16-32 players would really rape these medals because 90% of the time on the 32 ppl servers i play on i see most of the slots for best heal, resupply, etc blank because no one played them. OR there is one guy getting all of the with only 1 point in each category.  thats the only problem i see.
Good argument, but I'm sure that could be prevented.  You could solve that problem by including an additional basic requirement that forces somebody to spend a significant part of the round as that class to get the award.  For example to get the ammo award you need to have not only the best ammo score in the round, but also at least 5 ammo points.  This prevents somebody from getting an award by dropping 1 single ammo pack and playing the rest of the round as another kit.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6859|United Knigdom
I understand what your saying about the smaller servers, and people only getting 1 point to get an award is unfair. I do like the idea of a 5 point minimum as well, although maybe less for some awards?

I'm thinking of the defence more than the others, I can think of 10 different occassions where's I've been listed as having the 'most flag defends' in a round, all of which where 1 to 4 defends.

If there was a point mimimum, say 5 for all just for example as suggested, and you needed to be the best in the round, I can see them becoming medals. It's 2 requirements, something similar to the basic badges, AND the best man doing that job in one round. Much harder and more skill required.

Something I didn't mention before was a "Best Squad" medal. Where it lists the players for the top 3, it also lists the MEC/PLA and USMC best squad and their members. What if each member got a similar medal? Prevent small 1 man squads by dividing the score by the number of squad members to get the average score, but make it so it at least divides the score by 2 or 3. This might encourage squads more, with the new medals encouraging more teamwork?

The whole Idea of these new awards would reward the best players in a team, even if they get a loss. People complain about the WCR, saying that you can't do it because you sometimes get a team where you do the majoirty of the work. At least these awards could compensate for the loss, well maybe a little bit. I've managed to get 8 to 10 of these "Best whatever" scores on 3 or 4 occassions and would love it to be displayed, a stat saying how many of these awards you got in one round could really be used to see who has some skills .

Thanks for not slating the topic though guys, I read EA/Dice are already making the next patch, and reading the community forums about the good and bad points, so I thought it would be now or never. BF2s.com seems to make sence for EA/Dice to check, as the official BF2 EA forums is just full of idiots.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6760

Hyper_Dude wrote:

I understand what your saying about the smaller servers, and people only getting 1 point to get an award is unfair. I do like the idea of a 5 point minimum as well, although maybe less for some awards?

I'm thinking of the defence more than the others, I can think of 10 different occassions where's I've been listed as having the 'most flag defends' in a round, all of which where 1 to 4 defends.

If there was a point mimimum, say 5 for all just for example as suggested, and you needed to be the best in the round, I can see them becoming medals. It's 2 requirements, something similar to the basic badges, AND the best man doing that job in one round. Much harder and more skill required.

Something I didn't mention before was a "Best Squad" medal. Where it lists the players for the top 3, it also lists the MEC/PLA and USMC best squad and their members. What if each member got a similar medal? Prevent small 1 man squads by dividing the score by the number of squad members to get the average score, but make it so it at least divides the score by 2 or 3. This might encourage squads more, with the new medals encouraging more teamwork?

The whole Idea of these new awards would reward the best players in a team, even if they get a loss. People complain about the WCR, saying that you can't do it because you sometimes get a team where you do the majoirty of the work. At least these awards could compensate for the loss, well maybe a little bit. I've managed to get 8 to 10 of these "Best whatever" scores on 3 or 4 occassions and would love it to be displayed, a stat saying how many of these awards you got in one round could really be used to see who has some skills .

Thanks for not slating the topic though guys, I read EA/Dice are already making the next patch, and reading the community forums about the good and bad points, so I thought it would be now or never. BF2s.com seems to make sence for EA/Dice to check, as the official BF2 EA forums is just full of idiots.
Nice idea m8,hopefully Ea and Dice listen for once

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard