[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
Calling all goalkeepers (football/soccer) in these forums. who in your opinion is the best 'keeper of all time? I know there are a few goalkeepers in here. I am one too. I know the goalkeepers union stands up for each other, so I know this will be a good conversation. 
   please tell me your fave 'keepers.

Last edited by [=][=]DADDYOFDEATH (2007-02-03 16:32:08)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6411|NSW, Australia

well theres me...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6566|Southampton, UK

Anyone but Barthez.
LoonykStephane
+34|6542|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
sport???
Hockey...football(soccer)...handball...

got to let us know!!!
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
lol. soccer/football
Archer
rapes face
+161|6429|Canuckistan
Oliver Kahn?
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
oliver kahn is a quality goalkeeper, very steady and commanding of his box. an awesome presence on corners, like jens lehmann. i feel petr cech is probably the best 'keeper at the mo in the world. any thoughts?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6468|Tyne & Wear, England
Jimmy Montgomery (but I would say that being a Sunderland fan).

However to back this up, the following video is quite possibly the greatest save ever.

It was probably Montys heroics that led to Sunderland beating Leeds and winning the 1973 FA Cup final.  (Not that I was around back then).

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2007-02-03 16:39:33)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
BADOELLE
+16|6304|Germany
Sepp Maier
Walter Zenga
Peter Shilton
Peter Schmeichel
Oliver Kahn
golgoj4
+51|6779|North Hollywood
Kahn and Van der Sar...sick keepers.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6566|Southampton, UK

[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH wrote:

oliver kahn is a quality goalkeeper, very steady and commanding of his box. an awesome presence on corners, like jens lehmann. i feel petr cech is probably the best 'keeper at the mo in the world. any thoughts?
Yeah i go with cech, but the old Liverpool goalie (i can't remember) was fantastic.
I think he was Portugals goalie in the world cup?
TheLostOne
+11|6518
Gordon Banks

(Oliver Khan, Gianluigi Buffon, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Edwin van der Sar, Petr Cech are all technically brilliant)

Last edited by TheLostOne (2007-02-03 16:37:31)

[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK

KILLSWITCH wrote:

However to back this up, the following video is quite possibly the greatest save ever.

now he was a good goalkeeper of his day. not well known now. but that double save was an inspiration for me to be a 'keeper. +1 to you m8
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6642|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Peter Schmeichel.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6727|oregon

Well, buffon(the italian keeper) is on fire right now. Also, Kasey Keller is pretty amazing (and thats not because im from the U.S.).
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
As a Man Utd fan i would say the best 'keeper of the 20th century would have to be Peter Schmeichel. totally biased I know, but anyone disagree?
TheLostOne
+11|6518

Knightnifer wrote:

Yeah i go with cech, but the old Liverpool goalie (i can't remember) was fantastic.
I think he was Portugals goalie in the world cup?
Maybe you mean Dudek (Poland)?
He only plays cup matches now, dropped the game after he won the Champions League - replaced by good old Jose Reina (Spain)
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6479|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

KILLSWITCH wrote:

It was probably Montys heroics that led to Sunderland beating Leeds and winning the 1973 FA Cup final.  (Not that I was around back then).
BEST SAVE EVER!
TheLostOne
+11|6518

As a Man Utd fan i would say the best 'keeper of the 20th century would have to be Peter Schmeichel. totally biased I know, but anyone disagree?
Yeh missed Schmeichel. I'm a Liverpool fan, but even I can admit he's brilliant
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
Dudek was good the game in champions league. and thats all!   he is a good 'keeper, but leaks goals in league games i feel. not commanding and assertive enough i feel, good on one on ones, but crosses, and long shots quite weak.
TheLostOne
+11|6518
Yeh, he and Reina are your typical "European" keepers, in that they are quick shot stoppers, not the loud type, good at 1 on 1s, punch preferred to catch... so on.
TheLostOne
+11|6518
So... what experience do you have as a keeper? You consider yourself a good keeper or middle of road?

Personally I have 8 years experience, but 2 years ago I finally got too bored with it and started to play at the back or in centre midfield - it turns out im much better there. I used to be pretty good - shotstopper, not a great 1 on 1, not great at coming for the high ball but very commanding.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK

TheLostOne wrote:

Yeh, he and Reina are your typical "European" keepers, in that they are quick shot stoppers, not the loud type, good at 1 on 1s, punch preferred to catch... so on.
defo. the awesome dive, less than awesome catch!!! whats wrong with fashioned catching and kicking? i do that regularly for my team, and prefer it to punching, as you know its in your control, and not going to a prowling striker to pop ya net. What do you 'keepers prefer?
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6457|Bradford UK
13 years experience as a 'keeper. Non professional. but non the less, i do have standards. i feel that some prem keepers tho belong in lower divisions at times with their bufoon skills.
TheLostOne
+11|6518

TheLostOne wrote:

defo. the awesome dive, less than awesome catch!!! whats wrong with fashioned catching and kicking? i do that regularly for my team, and prefer it to punching, as you know its in your control, and not going to a prowling striker to pop ya net. What do you 'keepers prefer?
Catch and throw myself, quick break and push my defensive line out quick to win the offsides.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard