agwood
+18|6647|I Fight for Bush !!

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

We really do have a knife problem though, all of my friends carry them "for defense", even though the average income of our community is like $100,000+ (probably a slight exageration...).
$100,000 + is just above the poverty line in most cities in Kalifornia.

What is lacking in todays youth is a good STRONG parental hand, when I was growing up my father would whip my ass if I got out of line and it sure as hell didn't mean I was going to call the cops on him or cry to my school counselor.

Don't even get me started talking about the boots we get these days.. Jesus Christ you would think they are all freaking Colonels they way they carry on....

Last edited by agwood (2007-02-03 22:00:29)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

Knightnifer wrote:

Earlier this evening i went to the cinema with my friends, came back and logged as usual onto MSN.
Only i get 13 conversations pop up... A friend of mine has been stabbed just below the heart and has died.

I only saw him yesterday.
I don't know what to do.

This sucks.
I'm 30 and I have seen 7 people die.2 police men in a car bomb, i watched them burn, helpless, remember the eyeballs melting and turning to flaming fluid and running out of there sockets and 5 of my best friends, one drowned in a pool because she was so drunk she passed out and drowned. I woke up on my sun lounger to see my girl floating face down.. i was so drunk i passed out and it fucks my head every day that i didn't put her to bed before i passed out.Another girl I know very well, has a 4 year old, just diagnosed with cancer this week .She has been given 3months. 2 days ago she hadn't a care in the world. Its a fact o life dude, everyone you know including yourself is going to die. Just a matter of when and how. Sounds harsh.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Damn dude you are adding to the depression ^^.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

yep, cant help it...just came from a party at this girls house. She has about 3months left to live but she wanted to have a party, which was supposed to be the last night out with us her friends. Now she retreats into spending her last months with her child...... so i have been force smiling and happy the last few hours, now i am home i really drained.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

JahManRed wrote:

yep, cant help it...just came from a party at this girls house. She has about 3months left to live but she wanted to have a party, which was supposed to be the last night out with us her friends. Now she retreats into spending her last months with her child...... so i have been force smiling and happy the last few hours, now i am home i really drained.
Very sad. It goes to show you that we need to make the most out of the time we are here. Never taking what seems to be minor things for granted.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-04 00:43:23)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6583

agwood wrote:

We really do have a knife problem though, all of my friends carry them "for defense", even though the average income of our community is like $100,000+ (probably a slight exageration...).

What is lacking in todays youth is a good STRONG parental hand, when I was growing up my father would whip my ass if I got out of line and it sure as hell didn't mean I was going to call the cops on him or cry to my school counselor.

Don't even get me started talking about the boots we get these days.. Jesus Christ you would think they are all freaking Colonels they way they carry on....
WOW...100,000 is plenty where I live, providing of course you don't live above your means. But you can get by quite well here on 100k.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6683|Belgium
@OP: sorry for your loss.

OTOH, it seems that it's happening more and more: In Ostend last Saturday early morning at +/- 03.30, 2 friends - 18 yo - are coming home from a birthdayparty of one of them. When they're waiting for a cab, an bloke also 18 asks them for a sigarette and when he doesn't get one, he takes a knife and kills one of the guys and wounds the other. Police could find him few hours later where he was hiding.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6568|Southampton, UK

ATG wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

Earlier this evening i went to the cinema with my friends, came back and logged as usual onto MSN.
Only i get 13 conversations pop up... A friend of mine has been stabbed just below the heart and has died.

I don't know what to do.

This sucks.
I dunno.

A debate is going on behind the scenes as to whether this is BS or not.

I'm on the fence.

let's put it to vote.
Who says his story is Fake?
Fair enough for questioning i and sorry i wasn't online to be a part of the convosaton.
But a man has to sleep.

This is NOT complete BS.
This is NOT another Pollux like story.

This is real.
This is life.

JahManRed wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

I don't know what to do.

This sucks.
I'm 30 and I have seen 7 people die.2 police men in a car bomb, i watched them burn, helpless, remember the eyeballs melting and turning to flaming fluid and running out of there sockets and 5 of my best friends, one drowned in a pool because she was so drunk she passed out and drowned. I woke up on my sun lounger to see my girl floating face down.. i was so drunk i passed out and it fucks my head every day that i didn't put her to bed before i passed out.Another girl I know very well, has a 4 year old, just diagnosed with cancer this week .She has been given 3months. 2 days ago she hadn't a care in the world. Its a fact o life dude, everyone you know including yourself is going to die. Just a matter of when and how. Sounds harsh.
I've seen 5 die, and im 15.
Dele - was NOT one of those 5.

Seeing people die, and their families go through the disaster is heartbreaking. I hope none of you ever have to see that.

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-02-04 01:52:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

paranoid101 wrote:

We have a real Knife problem in this country, use to be any trouble it was just a fist fight, but now a days too many people carrying knives.
Wait a minute...that should be impossible? Isn't it illegal?
naightknifar
Served and Out

Update:
My mate was 15.
The guy was stabbed him was 20.

That guy is now IN CUSTODY!
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6662|Teesside, UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hamp … 329081.stm
Looks like this is the article.  If so they got his age wrong.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
"A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing, and a 17-year-old girl is also being held over a related incident."

Well if that's the case I hope the man gets a slow and painful death. was the 17 year old girl is girlfriend ? I just don't see how she can be involved, it said a "related incident"

Last edited by Obiwan (2007-02-04 02:45:38)

crimson_grunt
+214|6662|Teesside, UK

Obiwan wrote:

"A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing, and a 17-year-old girl is also being held over a related incident."

Well if that's the case I hope the man gets a slow and painful death. was the 17 year old girl is girlfriend ? I just don't see how she can be involved, it said a "related incident"
She could have been involved in the mugging part of the attack.  I'm, assuming they used the CCTV to track down these people so they might have caught them doing something else.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-04 03:07:59)

naightknifar
Served and Out

UPDATE:
There it is.. RIP Mate

EDIT: oh you already found it. Yeah they got the age wrong.. He was 14. NOT EVEN 15 YET!
It's Sick!!!!!!!

Around 50 of us are going to go to the community centre to see the fuckwit that did this.
God i'm going to miss him.

EDIT2: The girl was what the stabbing was over, Dele had an argument and told her to "fuck off", She went got her BF and he stabbed dele

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-02-04 03:17:10)

crimson_grunt
+214|6662|Teesside, UK

Knightnifer wrote:

EDIT2: The girl was what the stabbing was over, Dele had an argument and told her to "fuck off", She went got her BF and he stabbed dele
Oh your fucking kidding me.  These people do not deserve to live.  I feel so much hate for those 2 people right now.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6729|Sydney, Australia

Knightnifer wrote:

UPDATE:
There it is.. RIP Mate

EDIT: oh you already found it. Yeah they got the age wrong.. He was 14. NOT EVEN 15 YET!
It's Sick!!!!!!!

Around 50 of us are going to go to the community centre to see the fuckwit that did this.

Jesus Christ.

Sorry bro, I'm searching for words but they ain't comin'. That is horrible.

Dele , Requiescat in pace.

Mcminty.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Fuck. I'm so sorry to hear that Alex. Hope the fucker who did it gets raped regularly in jail.
This is why I do my best to stay out of fights, I'm not too scared of getting punched, but there isn't much I can do about knives.
agwood

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

agwood wrote:

WOW...100,000 is plenty where I live, providing of course you don't live above your means. But you can get by quite well here on 100k.
Do a real estate check and you will find that in most Major Cities in CA, appropriate housing starts high as hell.

SF Bay Area median home price = $560,000
Los Angeles area median home price = $438,000
San Diego area Median Home price = $550,000

Do the math, with even 10% down you are looking at huge mortgage payments, and then property taxes and mortgage insurance.

Oh, did you want to heat or cool that house, you'll be paying some of the most expensive utility bills in the nation.

Add in a couple of car payments, insurance, outrageous registration fees and some of the most expensive gas in the country. (seems like every other person drives a damn Benz or BMW)

Even though most of Ca is agricultural land, by the time it makes its way to the stores the price is jacked so high it costs a fortune to feed an average sized family.

Everyone counts their income as gross wages.. so lets break this down.. $100,000 per year - ( I am guessing the numbers here) what $20,000 in Federal Taxes and say $6,000 in state taxes, leaves probably just enough to cover all the bills and buy Jr some new Computer crap or that new Xbox every once in a while.

I feel bad for the younger generation of Californians who may NEVER be able to afford a home, when monthly rent for 1 bedroom apartments is over $1000.00 per month in many places, how in the hell do you expect someone with an average job to ever save for a down payment or afford to buy anything without carrying a huge amount of credit card debt.

food for thought..

Last edited by agwood (2007-02-04 03:38:35)

Frotz
+15|6537|Sweden
May your buddy rest in peace, Knight. Also hope they put the fucker in the deep freeze and forget the key (the murderer that is).

By the way, any idea of what the argument was about? Because that girl has to be really disturbed if it was about something trivial...
agwood

Knightnifer wrote:

UPDATE:
There it is.. RIP Mate

It's Sick!!!!!!!

Man that is truly sad,

its a sad day indeed when an exchange of words turns into the slashing of body parts. I guess the killers father didn't whip enough common sense or respect for human life into him. Seems like you Brits don't really have a knife problem.. it seems more like you have a what do you call it "CHAV" or Thug problem...

Really sorry man.. its never easy losing a mate in any way.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6583
southampton england? I live there. I've not heard about a stabbing, but I'm not calling you a liar. Sorry for your loss.

edit: just seen it on bbc webby. I hope its not anybody i knew, I doubt it.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-02-04 03:55:57)

MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6629|Japan
I live in Southampton too. I know Totton isn't the best place to live in Hampshire, but I would have pinned something like this on the Shirley Warren or Western areas. My heart goes out to you though, I lost my best friend through suicide 2 years ago, So I know what you are going through.

MS

EDIT: Living up to "Doesn't read the whole thread" here, but I've just read the part where you say your friend told a girl to "Fuck off". I don't know where anyone else stands on this - nor do I particularly care, but I never speak to any female like that, never have. "It's just not cricket". Doesn't deserve dying for though. A Broken nose.. maybe, but not death.

Last edited by MoonShadow616 (2007-02-04 04:33:20)

misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6403|Indianapolis, IN
I'm sorry mate.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Sorry to hear about this. I hope the twat that did this goes down for a long time.

Few people are killed each year in attacks but its terrible when it happens to be on of the people you know that is one of these "figures".

However you cant let it make you afraid what ever you do. Theres always people like that, im saying this based on the fact that im currently in gun death central, like in the last few months someone was shot in the middle of the day inside the shopping centre that im about to go to now. Ive had a few friends that were beaten up pretty badly by gangs outside of clubs. I dont mean this in any harsh way whatsoever, but i hope you learn from this experience. Theres always some twat ready for a fight, its best to just not get too lerrie when drunk.

Sorry to hear of your lose. RIP Dele
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6735|Germany

Alex, I don't know what to say, it is a damn cruel world. Horrible things happen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard