woozie70
+3|6524|Aberdeen
Never seen or heard of this, so hopefully someone can help...

Played BF2 last night...no problems at all...

Started it this morning and this happened :

1. Game takes an absolute age to load up.
2. Click on favourite servers and they are all shown in red...with no other detail apart from their name
(refresh does nothing).
3. On the main multiplayer server screen, there are only two - showing a ping of zero...refresh
shows the same two after about two minutes of searching.
4. Can't load up direct via the IP address nor through x-fire.
5. Trying to load anything (on any of the two servers shown, or on direct IP) tells me that there is a
network connection problem.

Internet is working, Ventrilo is working, BF2CC is working.....I just can't seem to get BF2 kickstarted.

Did the usual things - switch on and off and have reinstalled 1.41...but to no avail !!

Any clues ???

Wooz

Last edited by woozie70 (2007-02-03 09:36:52)

Shumarte
+1|6291|Skövde, Sweden
I've got no answer but I've had the same problem once or twice, all I did was to leave bf2 for that day and the next day it worked :p
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

What gives today?

Nyte's account is deleted.
You can't get the game to work.
My Need For Speed account is deleted.

Something fishy is going on.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2007-02-03 10:25:52)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6471|Somewhere else

1.  Load as in "connecting to account server"? that EA for you.

Loading a map? Possible server problem.

Game loading slow. your computer.

2.  THATS common.  Ea ruin the "favorites" option.

3. Check below what you have clicked on AS IN "ranked" "same version" "same mod" "populated" check only what you personally want.

make sure you have patch 1.41

4. Cant help you there

5. or there

Close BF2 and retry?

hmmm....wierd.
Quacki
+9|6723
This is strange, woozie. I just have the same problem, nothing changed (as far as I can tell), and it's absolutly the same. All red servers in favs, only 20 servers on the list with ping 0, and I am not able to join of them. And yes, startup time of BF2 went insane.

Even stranger is, that BF1942 does a similar thing. I played via internet before, but now I see the old server list, just as if they were there; but clicking on one of those sets the ping to 9999 and I have no access to it. It's annoying.

My only clue is that I had no connection via DSL short time before. I tried playing after I got connection again, and then the troubles started; before those connection issues everything was fine. Is it possible that the problem are related to that? I got AOL DSL by the way ...
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6324
I'm getting connection refused every time I try and connect
Quacki
+9|6723
Ok, hello, I am back, and I know more now. From a german forum I learned that it is indeed my provider that causes the problems, because they cancelled all UDP traffic, at least in germany, but I think in the US, too. They switched UDP off because of major issues in the US.
I think UDP is the protocol that is needed by online games to get access to server lists, so, no UDP, no servers.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
Ive never heard of that problem, but i am gonna say one thing.... try to un-install ur game then, then re-install the game, then relode the patch that might work m8.
woozie70
+3|6524|Aberdeen
Thanks for all your assistance guys....do you know what the problem was !?!?!?

Bl**dy NORTON !!!

It's since been removed and burnt alive !!
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6528|Las Vegas
Just EA server glitches, wait a while

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard