xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6372|England - Kent
My GF does but she plays oldies if shes got nothing better to do. She likes The Sims
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere

usmarine2007 wrote:

Because they are emotional train wrecks.
QFT
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6577

genius_man16 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Because they are emotional train wrecks.
QFT
QFBAR
TheEl_Gayo
not gay
+7|6322|Florida Cracker
I used have girls talk shit for me when I played Halo 2, it was pretty funny
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

justice wrote:

Or most of them anyway...

Video gaming is a unisex activity, or supposed to be. I mean I just don't get it. Help me understand...
They do, and it still is. You just don't meet the right ones. I see them playing in BF2 clans, I see them on Starcraft, and I know one personally who you'd have to use the jaws of life to pry away from a monitor with an Unreal Tournament game going on. You're also bound to find a bunch on an MMO.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-02 12:32:37)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6671|Teesside, UK

Towelly wrote:

Girls do play video games, but they are far more prevalent in games like The Sims and RPG's (gross generalisation there for which I apologise).

I guess few girls like the idea of just shooting things, which guys find far more satisfying. Also if I remember reading something women tend to play more offline games as the female psych is more geared towards self accomplishment, where as males tend to play online games as we feel the need to be "better" than others.
May be a generalization but my g/f is a huge Sims fan and is sat across the room playing a rpg called spellforce.  So yeah I agree with all that.
too_money2007
+145|6325|Keller, Tx
girls + bf2 = fail. I've never seen a girl that's good at bf2. you got proof?
Des.Kmal
+917|6634|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
myspace
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6413|Indianapolis, IN
Girls are different mental creatures than Guys. You really can't blame the latter for wanting to do other things such as socialize with people, albeit I do know some gamer chicks, they're very good at gaming as well. I have noticed that most girls that game actually play more of the mind-teaser type games, their brain is evolved differently from different hormones etc. I suppose they just stimulate them a little more, I strongly agree that the gaming company's SHOULD and in fact WILL target more women in this area. I would like to see a more diverse community to play with! Most guys are just assholes to any chick that games, ^^ see above at some of the fucking comments, get out of your 1950's fantasies guys stop knocking on women, learn to respect even over the internets.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662

PBAsydney wrote:

Because they have "better" things to do, like go shopping...and....wtf do girls do with their lives?
lol very well stated
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6411|The Gem Saloon
my wife plays video games with me all the time. in fact, when we get a second pc im going to try to get her into BF2.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6413|Indianapolis, IN

too_money2007 wrote:

KtoTHEIMMY

there is your proof, I'm sure you'd be quite surprised!
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6387|Pittsburgh, PA USA

PBAsydney wrote:

Because they have "better" things to do, like go shopping...and....wtf do girls do with their lives?
clean & cook and......and.....stuff...

I read something somewhere at some point saying over 50% of online gamers are girls, now if I can just find it so i don't look like I'm full of shit.
MetalMaiden
Girls>Boys
+80|6603|Hoosier Mama
Pfft I beg to differ. I love to game. I love to pwn boys, very satisfying to decrease the size of an e-penis. Bwuahahaha bring it dudes!! Tho I agree the majority of girls tend to play games like WoW or The Sims, but Ill stick to my FPS.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

TheEl_Gayo wrote:

I used have girls talk shit for me when I played Halo 2, it was pretty funny
+1!

too_money2007 wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/45522922/

one of the best teamplayers i've played with.
Ratzinger
+43|6408|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Lots of women in WOW, have a look...

Can't get my wife to play any games, she says she's too busy.....(Sssshhhh! - She's out earning heaps while I work 3 days a week and get to game for the rest of the time!)

Damn life's good!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6509|Connecticut
Because girls are busy banging guys who also dont play video games. I know you all may think Im crazy but its true.
Malloy must go
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
Actually, girls do play video games.  Many girls I know either play or would like to learn how to play some of them.

Generally speaking, most girl gamers I've known prefer RPGs or adventure games that tend to be cutesy (like the Mario games).  A lot of girls I know enjoyed Final Fantasy X2, but personally, I thought that game sucked.  I also know some female players of World of Warcraft, but again, that's not a game I'm interested in....

As for why mostly guys are into games is because most games are aimed at them.  When a game only has male playable characters, that kind of puts girls at a distance.  They want characters they can relate to.  I'd wager a guess that more girls would play games like Halo and Battlefield if you could play female characters.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Turquoise wrote:

Actually, girls do play video games.  Many girls I know either play or would like to learn how to play some of them.

Generally speaking, most girl gamers I've known prefer RPGs or adventure games that tend to be cutesy (like the Mario games).  A lot of girls I know enjoyed Final Fantasy X2, but personally, I thought that game sucked.  I also know some female players of World of Warcraft, but again, that's not a game I'm interested in....

As for why mostly guys are into games is because most games are aimed at them.  When a game only has male playable characters, that kind of puts girls at a distance.  They want characters they can relate to.  I'd wager a guess that more girls would play games like Halo and Battlefield if you could play female characters.
There is also a steadfast female following of Legend of Zelda.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand
because most girls don't go in for shooting people much
but there are some games that girls love, spiro and all the crash bandicoot series (especially crash team racing) not to mention the sims, zoo tycoon games, some go for the roller coaster tycoon games, and ratchet and clank. I would think of adding primal but that ones a bit dodgy really...
spore will probably go down well with the ladies as well as the blokes

(note: i 'ent saying the girls are good at it though, every single time i've played ctr against a woman i've thrashed them and they can't play ratchet and clank 3 to save their lives. Any girl who wants to prove me wrong, i still have ratchet and clank 3 bring a spare ps2 controller and your on )
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

sfarrar33 wrote:

but there are some games that girls love, spiro and all the crash bandicoot series (especially crash team racing) not to mention the sims, zoo tycoon games, some go for the roller coaster tycoon games, and ratchet and clank. I would think of adding primal but that ones a bit dodgy really...

(note: i 'ent saying the girls are good at it though, every single time i've played ctr against a woman i've thrashed them and they can't play ratchet and clank 3 to save their lives. Any girl who wants to prove me wrong, i still have ratchet and clank 3 bring a spare ps2 controller and your on )
I heard Ratchet and Clank's supposed to be awesome...or maybe it's just that an Insomniac Games position is a dream job.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6860|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I guess girls don't get the same satisfaction from blowing shit up and killing people as us testosterone fuckers do.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

I heard Ratchet and Clank's supposed to be awesome...or maybe it's just that an Insomniac Games position is a dream job.
its pretty fricking good though i havn't managed to find the money to buy the latest one which is supposed to be rather different (saving up for spore and supreme commander instead )
InnerMonkey
+62|6735
My wife doesn't care for BF2 really.  She's played singleplayer a bit, but that's it.  She just generally doesn't like FPS games.  She loves platform games on consoles, fighting games (ala Soul Calibur and MK, not Tekken, bleh).  She's fond of driving games like NFS and Burnout too.  Oh, and she was better at the Mechwarrior series than most folks I've ever played with.

All that said, puzzle type stuff is still her favorite, just like most female gamers.  (Super Bubble Pop, Popcap stuff, that sorta thing)  I think that's why platformers are so popular with the ladies.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere

sfarrar33 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

its pretty fricking good though i havn't managed to find the money to buy the latest one which is supposed to be rather different (saving up for spore and supreme commander instead )
you don't have Ratchet: Deadlocked yet?!?!?!?

Well, once you get it, you will drool!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard