usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Everyone else, just sit back and laugh your asses off at how stupid some people can really be. We should have a "Kids say the darndest things" edition of BF2s.
/win  +1
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

Vilham wrote:

Thanks for proving his point pollux. You just won the Biggest Douche in the Universe award.

As to that post you try to discredit him with... America pretty much made Al quada as well as helping to fund the IRA.
I may be a douche, but I am not stupid. Even though I risk derailing this enlightening thread, I will address your argument.

First, there is no mention of Al Qaeda in that post. While some insurgents are connected to Al Qaeda, for the most part, Insurgents != Al Qaeda.  We are not training the insurgency. One might argue that this comment was a direct result of the anti-US temperament of this forum. Either way, it is just an ignorant and pointless statement that is the very thing that makes D&ST a cesspool of misinformation and idiocy.

Due to immaturity, the majority of you either get emotionally wrapped up in an argument or go off on a tangent from the original topic by throwing something completely irrelevant into the mix (*cough* Al Qaeda *cough* IRA *cough*).

You are seeing it in action, folks. If you are going to question my argument, please try a little harder.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/The_More_You_Know.jpg

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2007-02-02 13:27:48)

topal63
. . .
+533|6718

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Thanks for proving his point pollux. You just won the Biggest Douche in the Universe award.

As to that post you try to discredit him with... America pretty much made Al quada as well as helping to fund the IRA.
I may be a douche, but I am not stupid. Even though I risk derailing this enlightening thread, I will address your argument.

First, there is no mention of Al Qaeda in that post. While some insurgents are connected to Al Qaeda, for the most part, Insurgents != Al Qaeda.  We are not training the insurgency. One might argue that this comment was a direct result of the anti-US temperament of this forum. Either way, it is just an ignorant and pointless statement that is the very thing that makes D&ST a cesspool of misinformation and idiocy.

Due to immaturity, the majority of you either get emotionally wrapped up in an argument or go off on a tangent from the original topic by throwing something completely irrelevant into the mix (*cough* Al Qaeda *cough* IRA *cough*).

You are seeing it in action, folks. If you are going to question my argument, please try a little harder.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ … u_Know.jpg
I think most people are smart, you included, but you don't behave as if you are smart.

And you encourage stupidity as well, with your personal attacks on people.

I see little difference in their stupidity when compared to your behavior.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-02-02 13:36:10)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Look Pollox, people make the odd mistake. Personally I don't check wikipedia before every post, I have a busy life, so I type quickly, post and carry on. I would imagine most of the regulars here are the same. It comes out of my head. And yes I make the odd error. You seam to think you are some kind of condescending BF2s police man who needs to boost their self esteem by trawling through peoples post history. You must have allot of time on your hands. You try and discredit people when they come out with a viable argument because they made a spelling mistake in a post 3 weeks ago. The truth is you are "not educated" enough to develop your own arguments so you come out with some long winded response utilizing as many ego boosting words you can.
World politics are the order of the day here. You are quite happy in microcosm you live in, but others here want to debate freely about world events without you breathing down their necks. Why exactly are you so concerned with what goes on, on a Internet site anyway? The only threads Ive seen you start in D&ST are "which aircraft carrier is best", "Boeing or Airbus" and then jump on any thread which might depict America or Israel as anything but the tooth fairy. Personally I don't give a shit who makes the best Plane. If you think that is the most serious issue going on in the world today, you need to remove your head from your ass ASAP.  You never debate, only try and make people look bad and stupid while boosting your own ego OR E penis. If you have such a problem with the people who post here, stick to your home, the junk drawer and continue lying to the Emo's who lap your obviously invented sexual exploits.
You pick out serge as an emo and tried for a time to unsuccessfully discredit him, you failed. He was proven himself over time.
Yes what I have just typed is a personal attack so report me if you wish. I by no means agree with serge, but he is obviously an intelligent individual concerned with direction "his" planet is taking.

Now away you go and drag up some mistakes ive made, take 5min's out of your life, it must suck if that is how you choose to spend it, I don't give a toss. I know my weakness, my spelling sucks and I get my facts mixed up sometimes, but that doesn't make me stupid. I, for you information spent 7 years studying design and architecture. Those are my strong points. For all I know you are a uninspired English Language nerd who is using his strengths to cover up his inadequacies. People like you are whats wrong with the world. Constantly judging, constantly looking to the past.
You asked for it, now I shall deliver:

JahManRed wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I can't wait for the influx of morons who say the US is intentionally arming the insurgency.
The waiting is over!!! You may or may not have armed them, but you trained them.
That is only a fraction of the idiocy that makes up your post history. If you wish to continue, I will gladly and easily find more. Everyone else, just sit back and laugh your asses off at how stupid some people can really be. We should have a "Kids say the darndest things" edition of BF2s.
Point proven. You took the bait and ran with it.
You trawl up an post begun with some obvious humor, humor designed to lighten up the usual hostile nature of debate, followed by a valid point to prove I'm stupid? Is that the best you can do. At least link the thread.

I'll get the pop corn on, you continue please. While you search I will do something useful with my life, like put my kid to bed.
I will be back in 20 minutes, please continue to entertain.
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

JahManRed wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

.... Now away you go and drag up some mistakes ive made, take 5min's out of your life, it must suck if that is how you choose to spend it, I don't give a toss. I know my weakness, my spelling sucks and I get my facts mixed up sometimes, but that doesn't make me stupid. I, for you information spent 7 years studying design and architecture. Those are my strong points. For all I know you are a uninspired English Language nerd who is using his strengths to cover up his inadequacies. People like you are whats wrong with the world. Constantly judging, constantly looking to the past.
You asked for it, now I shall deliver:

JahManRed wrote:

The waiting is over!!! You may or may not have armed them, but you trained them.
That is only a fraction of the idiocy that makes up your post history. If you wish to continue, I will gladly and easily find more. Everyone else, just sit back and laugh your asses off at how stupid some people can really be. We should have a "Kids say the darndest things" edition of BF2s.
Point proven. You took the bait and ran with it.
You trawl up an post begun with some obvious humor, humor designed to lighten up the usual hostile nature of debate, followed by a valid point to prove I'm stupid? Is that the best you can do. At least link the thread.

I'll get the pop corn on, you continue please. While you search I will do something useful with my life, like put my kid to bed.
I will be back in 20 minutes, please continue to entertain.
Exactly... continue

He (Fancy) once told me my opinion didn't matter, or rather usmarine2007's OP was more important...
because I am in "high-school"... LOL

I am a 43 y.o. civil engineer - with 2 kids, one who plays BF2 & 2142 (He is 13) and I play BF2 & 2142 as well; because I do whatever he does - so I know what he is doing... he (my son) is a member here; and I monitor that behavior as well.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-02-02 13:46:34)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

topal63 wrote:

I think most people are smart, you included, but you don't behave as if you are smart.

It's funny you should mention that.

JahManRed wrote:

Ok Ok, from now on I will not assume that you ppl don't actually read different media sources or actually know anything about the middle east. I will explain everything down to the last detail from now on.
And what does he say?

JahManRed wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

ATG wrote:

He's off the scale.
I can't wait for the influx of morons who say the US is intentionally arming the insurgency.
I come off as arrogant, but I am correct. JahManRed comes off as arrogant, then makes a fool of himself. I was not bluffing when I said I will defame anyone who cares to argue with me. JahManRed is an easy target. I can find many more compromising comments of much greater potency posted by him. JahManRed claiming that he is educated on the Middle East is like IRONCHEF claiming he never flames people. I think we all remember what happened with that one.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

I'd like to comment on how this whole pointless argument is entirely off topic, but actually it is the exact reason that this thread exists in the first place.
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

topal63 wrote:

It's funny you should mention that.
Are you going to now try and find some inconsistency within that ethic... and find [A POST] of me being insulting  to someone?

I don't care... if you do... it changes nothing; you are consistent in your behavior.

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I'd like to comment on how this whole pointless argument is entirely off topic, but actually it is the exact reason that this thread exists in the first place.
Exactly...

Last edited by topal63 (2007-02-02 13:53:49)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Some of the topics lately on DS&T have been kind of f*cked up, like the Juba thread, that kinda hits home for me because I served in Iraq. The first KIA was 19yrs old and was killed by a sniper.

I will admit I have fed into flame wars with some members, and I'm not saying that was right, but sometimes people have a brain fart when they post.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I come off as arrogant, but I am correct. JahManRed comes off as arrogant, then makes a fool of himself. I was not bluffing when I said I will defame anyone who cares to argue with me. JahManRed is an easy target. I can find many more compromising comments of much greater potency posted by him. JahManRed claiming that he is educated on the Middle East is like IRONCHEF claiming he never flames people. I think we all remember what happened with that one.
That's debatable.

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740

tF-voodoochild wrote:

*Sighs* true.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

SgtHeihn wrote:

Some of the topics lately on DS&T have been kind of f*cked up, like the Juba thread, that kinda hits home for me because I served in Iraq. The first KIA was 19yrs old and was killed by a sniper.

I will admit I have fed into flame wars with some members, and I'm not saying that was right, but sometimes people have a brain fart when they post.
No, it was right...and called for.
arson
+99|6637|New York

Kmarion wrote:

You know it can be depressing at times talking about the end of the world and who hates who. Never forget this is nothing but a group of fellas who are in a gaming forum changing the world one "smile face", "block quote" at a time. Remember we must have all agreed on something to meet here at bf2s.com.
...... that the AK -101 is the best
    discuss
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6493|Connecticut

smtt686 wrote:

we need sticky s for bash America, bash bush, bash Islam, bash EU, etc to clean up D&ST threads
I propose a flame thread to be stickied. So that way it is known that this thread is for flaming, and thats it. If you dont want to participate then dont go there, but some of our topics are serious nature and people are passionate about their point of view. If we give a place to vent then it might clean up the regular threads. Think of it as the "D & ST trash can", the place where we put the necessary evils.
Malloy must go
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
So Pollux? When you gunna stop posting crap and piss off? I know a hell of alot of other people agree with me, thank you everyone for the karma...
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6396|Indianapolis, IN
Isn't that debating?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6792
Perhaps it's time the whole D&ST forum was closed, if this is the level that people stoop to?  Add another rule - no discussions of RL events.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Posting crap isnt called debating its called seeking attention.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

Congratulations, you have all proved the point of the OP and as such he has requested that this thread be closed.

Move along now.

PM from Paranoid101 wrote:

Hi mate could you close this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=62863&p=3, Im sorry to say its going nowhere and just turned into what I was posting about.

But if you would post my reason why it was shut and that it was at my request, that would be great.

Thanks mate.

Paranoid101

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard