Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

2/1/7
http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM2feb07.pdf
https://i9.tinypic.com/2qno03q.jpg
PARIS - A long-awaited report says global warming is "very likely" man-made, the most powerful language ever used on the issue by the world's leading climate scientists, delegates who have seen the report said Thursday.

In the end, there was little debate on the strength of the wording about human activity most likely to blame.

"That is a big move. I hope it is a powerful statement," said Jan Pretel, head of the department of climate change at the Czech Hydrometeorological Institute.

https://i5.tinypic.com/2mglilk.jpg
While critics call the panel overly alarmist, it is by nature relatively cautious because it relies on hundreds of scientists, including skeptics and industry researchers.

"This is just not something you can stop. We're just going to have to live with it," co-author Kevin Trenberth, director of climate analysis for the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., told The Associated Press in an interview. "We're creating a different planet. If you were to come up back in 100 years time, we'll have a different climate."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_ … _change_15
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/02 … cnn_latest
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/ … 0509.shtml
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 … 838567.htm

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-02 03:53:56)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Could be no shit or bullshit based on your opinion.  Anyone read State of Fear?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA
We won't know or act until its too late due to political footballing. GG government.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Im waiting for the Global warming skeptics to come along now. They will claim its not. Because unlike the people who made this conclusion they arent studying it thus must be right...
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6558|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
as if global warming is our fault... i personally blame the forests and the animals that live in them
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
Wait a second, people are still arguing over whether or not Global Warming is being caused by man?

Ya, cause all those cars and factories couldn't have anything to do with it...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

haffeysucks wrote:

No, I read the reports.  The ones with evidence and not the opinions.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-01 13:23:51)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Kmarion wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

They do put Works Cited in the back for a reason, ya know?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA
WHo cares? We'll be dead before we do anything about it. LOL @ Al Gore once we're gone.

Humans: So smart yet so dumb.

silly humans

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-02-01 13:28:35)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Me too.

I'm glad this conference is getting some media attention. Two guys I know are giving speeches at it. I wrote part of one of them (based on IPCC and Defra reports and I made an animation of lots of Eiffel towers appearing, to indicate the number of tonnes of carbon dioxide human activity puts into the atmosphere).
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

haffeysucks wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

State of fear is a work of fiction. It is a novel. It is as much based in reality as the Da Vinci code.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Bertster7 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

State of fear is a work of fiction. It is a novel. It is as much based in reality as the Da Vinci code.
But Jesus DID have a wife!

Jay-kay.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

to indicate the number of tonnes of carbon dioxide human activity puts into the atmosphere).
Around 5 Percent right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Bertster7 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Is that the rather anti Global Warming Michael Crichton (how the hell do you spell his name?) novel?
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6654|The View From The Afternoon
My city had a rainday-streak of over 85 days the last months. That means that it rained every day in almost 3 months in a row. I doubt this is just a coincidence that all of a sudden we're breaking weather records every year.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Is that the rather anti Global Warming Michael Crichton (how the hell do you spell his name?) novel?
Actually it shows both sides equally.  Enough so that I didn't know which side was right after I read it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

to indicate the number of tonnes of carbon dioxide human activity puts into the atmosphere).
Around 5 Percent right?
I don't remember. I wasn't looking at percentages, only the number of tonnes.

It was equivalent to a lot of Eiffel towers weight though, many thousands.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
global warming should be certailny 100% man made, not very likely.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Kmarion wrote:

Good video.  Now if they would just broadcast that on all channels, at 8PM on Friday.

I agree with the man-made global warming theory, don't get me wrong Kmarion.  I'm just saying that State of Fear was a good book IMO.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-02-01 14:00:56)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Understood. I used to be very skeptical of the causes, then I actually put an effort into reading all the science behind the evidence.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

LT.Victim wrote:

Wait a second, people are still arguing over whether or not Global Warming is being caused by man?  Ya, cause all those cars and factories couldn't have anything to do with it...
. . . or volcanic activity or increasing sun temperatures . . .

Assuming the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old and has constantly undergone temperature fluctuations from ice ages to warming periods before we humans arrived, it is not logical to believe climate is static and humans are responsible for damaging the world beyond repair in only 100 years.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Stingray24 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Wait a second, people are still arguing over whether or not Global Warming is being caused by man?  Ya, cause all those cars and factories couldn't have anything to do with it...
. . . or volcanic activity or increasing sun temperatures . . .

Assuming the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old and has constantly undergone temperature fluctuations from ice ages to warming periods before we humans arrived, it is not logical to believe climate is static and humans are responsible for damaging the world beyond repair in only 100 years.
Why not?

That's just pure opinion. Care to back it up with some properly researched science stuff?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
So an increase that normally takes a million years that has happened in the last 100.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Vilham wrote:

So an increase that normally takes a million years that has happened in the last 100.
I don't think it's quite that scale.

It's not going 10'000 times faster. More like 1000 times faster now compared to long term historical records.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard