tthf
Member 5307
+210|6789|06-01
Was playing earlier on Cleen Sweep 32 player, on MEC side.
Spawn at the communications center, hop in as gunner on the attack chopper with the pilot and off we go.
He heads straight for the US uncap instead of intercepting approaching helis, boats and apcs.
No sweat, maybe he wants to have a go at the rest of the US team waiting at the airfield first.
That we do, but instead of going back to defend our flags which start to be neutralized, he just hovers there waitng for new targets!!!
i holler for him to go back to defend but he doesn' t budge. he finally runs out of missiles shooting at lone infantrymen, so we head back.
finally! or so i thought, he goes back not to blast the USMC scum there are overwhelming our team but goes to capture back spawn points!!!!!
come on! i mean, yes it is good to get back the flags but we are a bloody attack heli ffs!! we should be hitting enemy armour and troops! while the USMC attach heli is raking up kills and generally doing what it is supposed to be doing, this guy is just hopping from one flag to another, avoiding all contact!!!
he ignores my repeated pleas to get into the action throughout this whole time.
talk about frustration!!!
i cant take it anymore so at the control center i leap off to be more of a contribution than being a passenger enjoying the scenery of red text that are our team mates getting slaughtered.
so as i land, take out a USMC then guess what, i promptly get taken out by arty, and he safely flys off to cap another flag......

ok sorry, rant over.........
i just generally despise how valuble attacking/defending assets are misused thus affecting the team. can't imagine how much damage we could have been doing instead.
LoaderX
+-1|6789|Tucson, Arizona
If it's stupid and it works it ain't stupid...
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6782|Derby, England
It's really frustrating when you have a pilot who doesnt have the same opinion of what you should be doing. I was on the other end where a gunner I had in wanted to constantly attack ground units, and I was defending our ground units from the enemy apache. I think it was because he wasnt raking in the points, but it helped our ground units move forwards and win the map.

In certain circumstances it's quite acceptable to use the apache to retake a flag. For example, if your team has one cappable flag left, and the enemy is surrounding it, take your chopper with gunner and go to the furthest flag. With no enemy there, it will be an easy cap, and will mean your team can start attacking from another point, diluting the enemies attention.

Going for the enemy uncap while your own flag are being demolished, thats just asking for game over (or a kick for spawn raping if there is an american admin, but thats a completely different post).
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6789|06-01
while he was getting points, the rest of our team was getting bushwhacked!!!
we ended up losing the game something like 100+ to nil.
i realise that the rest of my team, myself included may have been generally outfought by the other team but we could have so much more useful. what a waste of time that round was.
CBRacky
+0|6788

LoaderX wrote:

word
SMKpaladin
+0|6772|Germany
Yeah sometimes it makes a huge difference, what your attack helo is doing. But sometimes you even win a round with 1:3 odds, really. I was on a server where autobalance was set to 1 (on) but didn't work for some reason. We won 2 rounds against the US on Karkand, we were 17 and they were 45 and still no one joined our side, it was an awfull display of sportsmanship.

There are ppl who say, that a chopper should only care about the other chopper, I myself don't think so, when I cap a flag and a friendly chopper is hovering above me, I don't even care if he gets the caputure and I the assist or the other way around. I feel much safer knowing, that there is someone friendly around, who will surely draw more attention, than me just laying near the flag.
CreepingDeath
+1|6776

LoaderX wrote:

Thats the problem :

IT DOESN'T WORK ..

Most of my deaths in a attack chopper comes by a jerkoff pilot  trying this.

Almost everybase has a APC, tank or AA real close by, on any map. I hate when people try this in a attack chopper.Whats worse is when they already have damage, then go down for a flag, putting thier ass towards that armour, waiting for that flag to go down and then BOOM, just gave that guy 2 free kills because of one persons stupidity.
I have in a  Helicopter kills ->(2196) roadkills-> (133) deaths->(963) with only 41 hours of flight. I cant fly and i will always tell a person in my chopper I cant fly . So most of these kills are with being a gunner in a chopper.
BIG HEAD HERE but im, like i have said many times before a BADASS GUNNER.

What the pilot should do if he wants the flag is, drop the chopper all the way down on the ground letting the
co pilot to get out, so they both can get the flag. HEY " NEWS FLASH " the flag goes down faster with 2 people on it. While on the ground spin the chopper around slow, controled watching for those spec ops wanting to blow you up. This way the co pilot can run an get that APC as well to guard the flag and your chopper.

But its the new world now days people mostly just care about themselfs ..  ME ME ME ME
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6789|06-01

CreepingDeath wrote:

LoaderX wrote:

Thats the problem :

IT DOESN'T WORK ..

Most of my deaths in a attack chopper comes by a jerkoff pilot  trying this.

Almost everybase has a APC, tank or AA real close by, on any map. I hate when people try this in a attack chopper.Whats worse is when they already have damage, then go down for a flag, putting thier ass towards that armour, waiting for that flag to go down and then BOOM, just gave that guy 2 free kills because of one persons stupidity.
I have in a  Helicopter kills ->(2196) roadkills-> (133) deaths->(963) with only 41 hours of flight. I cant fly and i will always tell a person in my chopper I cant fly . So most of these kills are with being a gunner in a chopper.
BIG HEAD HERE but im, like i have said many times before a BADASS GUNNER.

What the pilot should do if he wants the flag is, drop the chopper all the way down on the ground letting the
co pilot to get out, so they both can get the flag. HEY " NEWS FLASH " the flag goes down faster with 2 people on it. While on the ground spin the chopper around slow, controled watching for those spec ops wanting to blow you up. This way the co pilot can run an get that APC as well to guard the flag and your chopper.

But its the new world now days people mostly just care about themselfs ..  ME ME ME ME
Exactly!!!!!!! Have calmed down a whole lot more now. Maybe that pilot was new or didnt speak english very well. That could have been the problem.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6802|Canada, Ont
Thats why you Get Hired Pilots...If you play on a Server Regularly, Normaly If you Pwn in the Sky, The Pilot will love to Fly you Around. So...Don't get in the Choppers with anyone Below a First Sergent or Get in with someone you know.
CreepingDeath
+1|6776
Well JeSTeR_Player1  I will look for you in a game .. if your any good of a pilot . . I dont like the chopper because it is easy to get points raping a spawn point. Yes its fun because you know that these guys are getting so pissed off not being able to get out of there. :-)
  I love being a gunner because of the amazing shots . Guiding that missle . Its awesome to see what I can do with it. I did this shot last night on wake, knowning i have played that map over a hunderd times, knowning that the enemy always takes the tank down to the beach from the left base, half way to the beach I launched a missle with the fog, guiding it down between the trees, right down the path hitting it and getting 3 kills ..
  Another shot I did which i thought was funny as hell was , we just had shot down thier attack chopper was base raping the last flag on the right side. until our guys capped it. Knowning now it was about time for thier chopper to respawn, I launch another missle . Down low to the ground, again right down the path, half way popping it up over the guard tower hitting thier chopper killing 4 guys . . TO FUNNY . . .
  I love making shots like this . This is what is fun to me . .
Chou
+737|6822
It's a dumb decision to cap flags when you have a full crew in a Blackhawk on Mashtuur City, next thing you know there is a Vodnik and an Anti Tank around the corner to attack the whole crew.
My idea of a Blackhaws is do not cap flags but use the gunners, you will win the round much better.
CackNBallz
+45|6774|Toronto, Canada
I will have to disagree with just using the gunners.  Vodniks only need a few seconds of minigun love to take care of them.  If you have at least one engineer doing full-time repair you should be fine. When I pilot a blackhawk on at least a decently populated server.  I like to take a full load in the BH.  Soften up the ground pounders with the gunners shredding them up and have the guys in the belly drop down and capture.  If it is clear or when it is neutral I tend to go down and help with capping the flag, while giving an optimal position for the gunner(s). After it has been capped a quick drop to pick the guys up again and onto the next flag.

If you are under heavy fire, retreat, repair, and give your gunners a nice shot at the enemies on the way out if possible.

I get the most team points out of this strategy and I think it is most beneficial to the team as I am taking away spawn points from the enemy whilst killing some on the way.  The enemy will be more occupied with retaking the flags, and the less flags they have the less vehicles they have access to and more for our team.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6758|Debris From Space
I love it when those stupid attack heli pilots hover over spawn points really low, and with NO gunner. They're just asking to be C4'ed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard