thinner44
+1|6801
This is an email sent from EA UK after I failed to repair my game when I started to have strange crashes.

Start of email --> To Uninstall:

First, run ‘Battlefield 2 Eraser 1.1’ to remove all Windows registry settings for the game.  You can obtain the eraser from:

ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/Eras … er_v11.reg

You will be asked if you want to add the information, click Yes.

Next, delete the game folder:

1. Double-click on My Computer

2. Double-click on the hard drive your game is installed to (default is C:\)

3. Go to the folder where the game is installed to on your computer (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games)

4. Click once on the Battlefield 2 folder, now press delete on your keyboard and choose yes to delete (be sure to empty your recycle bin prior to reinstalling)

5. In My Documents you will find a Battlefield 2 folder, delete this.

Once the game has been completely removed from your PC, you will be free to reinstall the game in the following way.

BF2

Special Forces

1.12 patch

If the game still will not run after this try downloading the BF2 CD key checker from the location below.

ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/EAGA … lefield_2/  <--end of email

You'll se that I haven't installed patch 1.03 ... Apparently, it causes problems if you do... so , erm, don't

I can confirm that the above method fixed my problems and was a much easier install. . I'm now back gaming online with no problems.

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-12-01 01:17:29)

LoaderX
+-1|6749|Tucson, Arizona
I swear, the majority of people have no problems with BF2, BF2:SF, or it's patches...  You folks need to examine your systems and not blame EA or any on else for your computer buffoonery...

Here's a fix though...  Take your computer, put it back in the box you got it in and send it back to whatever two-bit pre-built-system bullshit company you bought it from and stick with Atari, Xbox, Playstation or whatever tickles you pea-brain fancy and quit posting "Whaaaa!  My BF2 bla bla bla doesn't work!"

Okay, I vented.  I feel better.
thinner44
+1|6801

LoaderX wrote:

I swear, the majority of people have no problems with BF2, BF2:SF, or it's patches...  You folks need to examine your systems and not blame EA or any on else for your computer buffoonery...

Here's a fix though...  Take your computer, put it back in the box you got it in and send it back to whatever two-bit pre-built-system bullshit company you bought it from and stick with Atari, Xbox, Playstation or whatever tickles you pea-brain fancy and quit posting "Whaaaa!  My BF2 bla bla bla doesn't work!"

Okay, I vented.  I feel better.
Was this post aimed at you, have I flamed EA, did I say my system sucked.... and is this the 'help' section. Ok, now I assume you have the intelligence to answer the above questions, it's a shame you didn't have the intelligence to realise that the original post obviously didn't concern you.... now who feels 'pea-brain'

The post is for those that are having problems after the installation of SF, strange crashes and such. My system ran Bf2 without a hitch, until SF.... do you get it now.

Flame elsewhere, I don't take too kindly to idiots
LoaderX
+-1|6749|Tucson, Arizona
Calm down....  I just had to vent...
savu
+0|6804

thinner44 wrote:

This is an email sent from EA UK after I failed to repair my game when I started to have strange crashes.

Start of email --> To Uninstall:

First, run ‘Battlefield 2 Eraser 1.1’ to remove all Windows registry settings for the game.  You can obtain the eraser from:

ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/Eras … er_v11.reg

You will be asked if you want to add the information, click Yes.

Next, delete the game folder:

1. Double-click on My Computer

2. Double-click on the hard drive your game is installed to (default is C:\)

3. Go to the folder where the game is installed to on your computer (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games)

4. Click once on the Battlefield 2 folder, now press delete on your keyboard and choose yes to delete (be sure to empty your recycle bin prior to reinstalling)

5. In My Documents you will find a Battlefield 2 folder, delete this.

Once the game has been completely removed from your PC, you will be free to reinstall the game in the following way.

BF2

Special Forces

1.12 patch

If the game still will not run after this try downloading the BF2 CD key checker from the location below.

ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/EAGA … lefield_2/  <--end of email

You'll se that I haven't installed patch 1.03 ... Apparently, it causes problems if you do... so , erm, don't

I can confirm that the above method fixed my problems and was a much easier install. . I'm now back gaming online with no problems.
i cannot delete BF2 folder in "my documents" there is some strange file named "snm12ld."!? path is "C:\my documents\battlefield 2\logocache\img26.imageshack.us\img26\6904\snm12ld.". do u or any1 have clue what it is and how i can remove it?? i have run that reg cleaner and uninstalled all but that folder remains cos of that weird file! THX!

Last edited by savu (2005-12-12 16:12:30)

BudRell
+2|6829|Home
Have you tried to delete it as an admin or as a normal user. In other words, are you sure you have ALL rights enabled for your profile (as admin..)?

Have you looked if that file is write protected (for some reason) ?
thinner44
+1|6801

savu wrote:

[\img26.imageshack.us\img26\6904\snm12ld.". do u or any1 have clue what it is and how i can remove it?? i have run that reg cleaner and uninstalled all but that folder remains cos of that weird file! THX!
The "imageshack" file has nothing to do with bf2, that's the filename used to host pictures and the filenumber I would assume relates to a specific picture.... a picture that may be being used in another application/program and that trying to delete it as such will bring back the 'delete error'.

I have done several searches for your filename and all returned zero finds. Now assume that everyone's installation is the same and that your filename doesn't exist, somehow, and this is only an assumption, you have managed to put into the bf2 file a file that you cannot delete as it's being used elsewhere.

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-12-13 03:17:52)

BudRell
+2|6829|Home
Yes, that must be the case. Usually they are removable after restarting the system --> no bonds to software anymore.

I have had files on my HD that couldn't be removed (or could not be removed EASILY..),
but that's another story
I strongly doubt that BF2 could cause those files to appear
Skinnister
+43|6717|UK
I have been waitng for ages for someone to solve this problem, i have been getting the same problem ever since updating to v1.12 and my game doesnt only crash but my PC reboot's itself, so thanks and ill try you tips as soon as i get home from work thanks.
Fahrenheit
+0|6770
had the same problem fortunately (i think doh) my whole system needed to be re-installed, w32 error file missing, windows would not boot etc. etc. re-installed bf2/bfs and only the 1.12 patch all is well...so far!!!...so i guess not loading the 1.03 patch is a good idea...and yes my system is shite...but its still running...just!
thinner44
+1|6801

BudRell wrote:

I have had files on my HD that couldn't be removed (or could not be removed EASILY..),
but that's another story
That wouldn't be index.dat perchance
Skinnister
+43|6717|UK

Fahrenheit wrote:

had the same problem fortunately (i think doh) my whole system needed to be re-installed, w32 error file missing, windows would not boot etc. etc. re-installed bf2/bfs and only the 1.12 patch all is well...so far!!!...so i guess not loading the 1.03 patch is a good idea...and yes my system is shite...but its still running...just!
HOLY SHIT i had the exact same problem today, some shit about the file is corupt/missing and it tells me to do a windows repair...I blame that fukin shitty 1.12 update.
savu
+0|6804
thank you thinner!! u have been very helpful to all!! .... Yes i have alrights to delete that file want prevents me to delete that battlefield 2 folder. i have try to seek out that file from my HD but its seems like its not even there?! and im VERY sure that i have not add anything to that folder and i never had save pics or some like that from bf2 or any game! virus\spywares skip it when i try to check out what it is.."cant read blaa blaa...".i wonder what it is?? and more important how to get it off!!  it seems to be like ghost........? i have run  that bf reg.cleaner.....
thinner44
+1|6801

savu wrote:

i have try to seek out that file from my HD but its seems like its not even there?! and im VERY sure that i have not add anything to that folder and i never had save pics or some like that from bf2 or any game! virus\spywares skip it when i try to check out what it is.."cant read blaa blaa...".i wonder what it is?? and more important how to get it off!!  it seems to be like ghost........? i have run  that bf reg.cleaner.....
Have you been to the file location and just used right click... then scan. If you have and it's still a 'no go', then I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Seems it might just be a file corruption and as others have said, reinstallation of windows. That seems a bit extreme to me, especially since it's nothing you have done wrong... All the best and I hope you figure it out
BudRell
+2|6829|Home

thinner44 wrote:

BudRell wrote:

but that's another story
That wouldn't be index.dat perchance
NO !  ... ...or was it

Seems it might just be a file corruption and as others have said, reinstallation of windows.
Actually, there is a better way to fix that (IMO).

Usually when homeusers install Windows XP (or other Win), they make the installation for one profile.
I do NOT recommend that method.
Far better way of installing Win XP is to make atleast 2 user profiles !
You don't have to use the second profile if you don't like to use it but it will be a salvation in cases like corrupted files, removing adware progs and checking all kind of errors. All profiles have their important data as own block. So if GAMERA-profile has errors it does not affect GAMERB-profile 

Fortunately, adding a new profile can be done afterwards too. I would do it in this case. Just make a new profile, give admin rights to that and you are ready to go --> Check the other profile and fix errors OR you can remove the old profile.

If you reinstall Windows, you reinstall ALL software too. Including drivers etc. (not nice...)
If you make a new profile, you have same drivers instantly in use and most of the software. Some progs must be installed again, of course.

Last edited by BudRell (2005-12-15 01:55:38)

savu
+0|6804

thinner44 wrote:

savu wrote:

i have try to seek out that file from my HD but its seems like its not even there?! and im VERY sure that i have not add anything to that folder and i never had save pics or some like that from bf2 or any game! virus\spywares skip it when i try to check out what it is.."cant read blaa blaa...".i wonder what it is?? and more important how to get it off!!  it seems to be like ghost........? i have run  that bf reg.cleaner.....
Have you been to the file location and just used right click... then scan. If you have and it's still a 'no go', then I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Seems it might just be a file corruption and as others have said, reinstallation of windows. That seems a bit extreme to me, especially since it's nothing you have done wrong... All the best and I hope you figure it out
thx for u for all!! im about to format my HD cos im placing new SB X-FI platinum...its good yo HD to format for a while...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard