fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6522|Menlo Park, CA
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, … 93,00.html

Nope the UK doesnt have an extremist problem in their populace at all. . . . .

When are people going to wake up and realize that these people are dangerous, and diplomacy has never aided in swaying them from these types of actions. 

Direct combat action stops this kind of behavior (beheadings) from occuring (see Fallujah, Battle of). 

+1 for the UK authorities for stopping this kind of gross, sadist, inhumane act from occuring in the name of Islam. . .
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6549|USA
don't get caught = keep head.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2007-01-31 19:32:00)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK
They are called criminals... they are treated as such. We catch criminals, you don't... end of.

Btw when are you going to wake up and realise nearly your whole country is paralysed with fear of Muslims.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6398|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

Btw when are you going to wake up and realise nearly your whole country is paralysed with fear of Muslims.
gasp.......generalizing!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6716|United States of America
By "...these people are dangerous..." I hope you're just referring to those arrested. Sure they can say they would do it in the name of Islam but that doesn't make the religion violent at all. You could attempt to assassinate a president in the name of Jodie Foster but that doesn't mean she would advocate it.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6522|Menlo Park, CA

Vilham wrote:

They are called criminals... they are treated as such. We catch criminals, you don't... end of.

We are not paralysed whatsoever. . . . .

We go about our normal lives with little to no worry whatsoever. . .

The truth is muslims ARE trying to kill us and you too!! So I keep my wits about me when I am in public places, traveling etc. but by no means am I paralysed in fear over some dirty diaper head blowing something up around me!

I am more fearful of government figureheads not holding up their end of the bargain by protecting the American public. . . thats what baffles me! aka Democrat party. . . .

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-01-31 19:36:47)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6436|North Carolina
I don't see the Democrats as the ones to worry about in government at the moment.  The Republicans have done the majority of damage to our country over the last 6 years.

That being said, I still argue that the U.K. should probably limit Pakistani immigration more.  It's bad enough that extremists come to the U.K. as a threat, but when British-born Pakistanis start joining extremists, that's just scary.  I'm beginning to grow more concerned about 2nd generation Muslim immigrants than the 1st generation ones.  Corrupt clerics are playing Muslim youths and young adults for fools.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK

fadedsteve wrote:

Vilham wrote:

We are not paralysed whatsoever. . . . .

We go about our normal lives with little to no worry whatsoever. . .

The truth is muslims ARE trying to kill us and you too!! So I keep my wits about me when I am in public places, traveling etc. but by no means am I paralysed in fear over some dirty diaper head blowing something up around me!

I am more fearful of government figureheads not holding up their end of the bargain by protecting the American public. . . thats what baffles me! aka Democrat party. . . .
Yet again, another person who says "Muslim" to define terrorists. Most ME countries and plenty of none Muslim LEDC's would like to see the US gone, because then the US government wouldn't try to impose themselves on them, kinda similar to what the rest of the developed world stopped doing 60 years ago.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6522|Menlo Park, CA

Turquoise wrote:

I don't see the Democrats as the ones to worry about in government at the moment.  The Republicans have done the majority of damage to our country over the last 6 years.

That being said, I still argue that the U.K. should probably limit Pakistani immigration more.  It's bad enough that extremists come to the U.K. as a threat, but when British-born Pakistanis start joining extremists, that's just scary.  I'm beginning to grow more concerned about 2nd generation Muslim immigrants than the 1st generation ones.  Corrupt clerics are playing Muslim youths and young adults for fools.
Well considering the government was run by Bill Clinton for eight years, who did nothing to fight Bin Laden, I would say they were the ones who dropped the ball first!  Not too mention the CIA directives warning his administration that al-Qaeda was planning large scale attacks. . .and he mearly shrugged it (the reports) off as some unorganized band of brigands playing in the Afghan desert! That is old news though. . . Clinton is your golden boy, Bush is just some neo-con asshole right. . . . I see

As far as you second paragraph goes, I agree. . .its very alarming!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-01-31 19:47:38)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6560|Global Command

Vilham wrote:

Jeeze, you just don't give up do you. May I ask how old you are?

Last edited by ATG (2007-01-31 19:52:29)

Turquoise
O Canada

fadedsteve wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well considering the government was run by Bill Clinton for eight years, who did nothing to fight Bin Laden, I would say they were the ones who dropped the ball first!  Not too mention the CIA directives warning his administration that al-Qaeda was planning large scale attacks. . .and he mearly shrugged it (the reports) off as some unorganized band of brigands playing in the Afghan desert! That is old news though. . . Clinton is your golden boy, Bush is just some neo-con asshole right. . . . I see

As far as you second paragraph goes, I agree. . .its very alarming!
Well...  I'll put it this way.  We helped create the threat of Bin Laden during the war between Afghan rebels and the Soviets.  Building tensions between Iran and Iraq during the 80s didn't help the situation either.  The rise of Wahhabism is something we helped create through making the faulty assumption that the Soviets were worse than Islamic extremists.  That's a problem that goes beyond any single president or party.

The damage I was referring to was mostly the expenses of Iraq.
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Vilham wrote:

British spellings.  Like colour vs. color.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK

ATG wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Its called the correct spelling.

Other than that my conversation with the other self confessed Muslim hater is over.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6632|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

Untrue.. there are plenty who react that way but in all honesty I see more prejudice with other groups.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK

Kmarion wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Untrue.. there are plenty who react that way but in all honesty I see more prejudice with other groups.
Im basing this conclusion on the fact that your media cant stop talking about it and most American on these forums talks about Muslims being terrorists.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6716|United States of America

Vilham wrote:

Im basing this conclusion on the fact that your media cant stop talking about it and most some American on these forums talks about Muslims being terrorists.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6632|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Im basing this conclusion on the fact that your media cant stop talking about it and most American on these forums talks about Muslims being terrorists.
Fair enough but give us a little more credit than media coverage and the agendas of a few in these forums.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p1170904
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6803|PNW

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/SeeNoEvil-734082.jpg

[edit]

ATG wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Allow me to once again take the opportunity to note that age is not necessarily indicative of a high level of fluid and/or crystallized intellect. In fact, many middle-aged folk who are no longer in touch with the scholarly arts often score dismally on tests...doing worse, in fact, than students who are not exactly the perfect picture of motivation.[/edit]

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-31 21:10:06)

TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6560|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

fadedsteve wrote:

The truth is muslims ARE trying to kill us and you too!!
Huh? I saw muslims the other day at the pool and talked to my two muslim friends and for some strange reason they didn't have any intentions of killing me, so I don't think I'll join the "Modern McCarthyism" that many people seem to have adapted in recent times.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6522|Menlo Park, CA

TeamZephyr wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Huh? I saw muslims the other day at the pool and talked to my two muslim friends and for some strange reason they didn't have any intentions of killing me, so I don't think I'll join the "Modern McCarthyism" that many people seem to have adapted in recent times.
I meant RADICAL MUSLIMS, I am not daft, I realize not all muslims are trying to kill us. . . .

It was a generalization, sorry you picked it up and ran with it like Bo Jackson running for a touchdown. . .

Oh you probably have no idea who Bo Jackson is. . . Famous NFL running back ftw!!!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-01-31 21:43:16)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6799

fadedsteve wrote:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1249593,00.html

When are people going to wake up and realize that these people are dangerous, and diplomacy has never aided in swaying them from these types of actions. 

Direct combat action stops this kind of behavior (beheadings) from occuring (see Fallujah, Battle of). 

+1 for the UK authorities for stopping this kind of gross, sadist, inhumane act from occuring in the name of Islam. . .
Arrested story on page 1

released without charge story on page 145

Lets just wait to see how this plays out
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6592

usmarine2007 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

gasp.......generalizing!
No, generalising would be saying your whole country is paralysed with fear of Muslims.

But then, you wouldn't be the sort of person to let the truth get in the way of a good story, would you.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6592

DesertFox423 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Im basing this conclusion on the fact that your media cant stop talking about it and most some American on these forums talks about Muslims being terrorists.
Oh please.  If it isn't Muslims it's Iraq, which then turns into Muslims.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6823

fadedsteve wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

I meant RADICAL MUSLIMS, I am not daft, I realize not all muslims are trying to kill us. . . .
Say what you mean, then.  It's really difficult to correctly second-guess what someone means on an internet forum so the easiest thing to do is to read what they write and trust they mean precisely that.  If you say "muslims are trying to kill us and you too" then people will think you mean all muslims and take you for just another bigoted right-wing american.

fadedsteve wrote:

Direct combat action may stop individuals but it makes martyrs out of them and acts as a recruiting tool.  Sitting down and talking sensibly stops this kind of behaviour (terrorism) as has been demonstrated in Northern Ireland. Actually 9/11 helped because it woke Americans (outside Oklahoma - I think they knew  already) up to the effects of terrorism and dried up that source of IRA funding but I certainly don't advocate terrorist acts against civilians in the name of stopping terrorism.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6685|Teesside, UK

fadedsteve wrote:

Thats correct we don't have a 'Problem'.  Yes there is some bad guys but i think the article shows our police are doing a damn fine job of stopping it.  As the article shows the attack was stopped before it happened.

I'm going to keep posting these links until people stop accusing the UK of not knowing or caring about extremists:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4690224.stm - Radical Hate preacher arrested
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6267243.stm - London bombers arrested
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6318735.stm - Kidnap plot foiled before it started

fadedsteve wrote:

I guess you never followed the situation with the IRA.  Seems to me that was one terrorist/extremist threat that was stopped with diplomacy.

No offense but the UK has been dealing with terrorism for a hell of a long time and were confident that our police/army etc know what their doing.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-01 02:20:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard