hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6790|mansfield
sorry wont happen in our house, Eastenders is on the tele
jord
+2,382|6704|The North, beyond the wall.
If you do believe in Global warming then you know that it's what?150+ years before effects take place...?

If we get the same amount of people who do this to use twice as much electricity for that period,nothing will change!Now to convince four others to do so.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6328|Sweden
I'm in.

19.55 - 20.00 for me it is.

No prob.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6781|United States of America

HUNDaemon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

How about no.

If I want to help then I will do it my own way.
Just because a Group says so doesnt mean we have to follow them.
And why do you think Flaming us is going to make us do what you say.

Fuck you.
Nah, you'll do plenty of self fucking based on your attitude.

I hope I die accidentally before I roast in CO2 with you fuckers.
Someboday is a little angry aren't we mister pussy cat?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
And yeah... no.  I'm not giving up five minutes to save anything, because nothing is in danger.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6500|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

Wow. No fucking wonder the worlds screwed, based on the 3 posts here.

Go and download lives you faggots and unhook yourselfs from your computers.
1) I do have a life.
2) I'm not hooked to my computer. Just because I post a bit of sarcasm doesn't mean you have to be a prick.
stop lying
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

ELITE-UK wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

1) I do have a life.
2) I'm not hooked to my computer. Just because I post a bit of sarcasm doesn't mean you have to be a prick.
stop lying
Stops spellzing thinsg wroung and uzing teh bads grammer
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6718|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

ELITE-UK wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

1) I do have a life.
stop lying
I'm not lying. There's no point to lie to people over the internet.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6657|USA

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

1) I do have a life.
stop lying
I'm not lying. There's no point to lie to people over the internet.
Not true, it makes your e-penor bigger
nlsme
+48|6441|new york
I feel I am doing my part. In the fact that I have installed solar panels on my roof. I get 100% of my elect. from these, and collect a check from the elect. company for my excess that is fed back into the system. All this on a $12,000 investment I made 4 years ago. I am also in the middle of purchasing some rental properties, wich I plan on installing solar on as well. As far as my gas consumption, I do my best. I drive a 2006 chevy cobalt ss, a 2.0 ltr supercharged engine that gets 32 miles to the gallon, and my wife just got a 2007 toyota hybrid.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6657|USA

nlsme wrote:

I feel I am doing my part. In the fact that I have installed solar panels on my roof. I get 100% of my elect. from these, and collect a check from the elect. company for my excess that is fed back into the system. All this on a $12,000 investment I made 4 years ago. I am also in the middle of purchasing some rental properties, wich I plan on installing solar on as well. As far as my gas consumption, I do my best. I drive a 2006 chevy cobalt ss, a 2.0 ltr supercharged engine that gets 32 miles to the gallon, and my wife just got a 2007 toyota hybrid.
I do my part.  I changed all my light bulbs from incandescent to fluorescent.  I also only drive my V-10 Excursion when I pull a trailer with my ATV's instead of for daily driving.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6451|Browntown
It's was -23C in Toronto today, windchill of -30C. We could use a little global warming.

Last edited by Inspect@hDeck (2007-01-31 19:16:26)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6393|Columbus, Ohio

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

It's was -23C in Toronto today, winchill of -30C. We could use a little global warming.
QFE
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

my ups will sustain me ...  proceed
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6603|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Chappy556 wrote:

every time you turn on a lamp, God kills a kitten
Each time i turn on the computer/tv...same things happen?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6792|UK
wow... just wow. Some of these posts. Amazing.. pure fantasy.

Ofc ill do it, if it changes nothing so be it, but i don't depend on electricity 24/7, im more than willing to turn off my electricity for 5 minutes.
InnerMonkey
+62|6744
I'll be at work.  Oddly enough, 'work' is at a coal-fired power plant.  I don't think they'd like it if I just turned everything off.

On a side note, if the grid suddenly went to zero load, plants like mine would be fucked as they all suddenly went from heavy load (it's cold here), to no load at all.  It would be fantasic to watch though, as the transformer yard could look like a fireworks display. 

You'd get your 5 minutes.....and then some.
imortal
+240|6691|Austin, TX

InnerMonkey wrote:

I'll be at work.  Oddly enough, 'work' is at a coal-fired power plant.  I don't think they'd like it if I just turned everything off.

On a side note, if the grid suddenly went to zero load, plants like mine would be fucked as they all suddenly went from heavy load (it's cold here), to no load at all.  It would be fantasic to watch though, as the transformer yard could look like a fireworks display. 

You'd get your 5 minutes.....and then some.
Amazing how some people don't think of things like this.  Or how about showing true dedication, and shutting off the power at your local hospital for a while; they could show their solidarity as well.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6691|NT, like Mick Dundee

Lol, the power went off here yesterday (Feb the 1st) for about 20 mins. Power plant shut down. It wasn't planned though, there was a malfunction out there (again... ).....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6471|The Land of Scott Walker

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

It's was -23C in Toronto today, windchill of -30C. We could use a little global warming.
I'll take some over here, too.  -17 with windchill, supposed to be even colder this weekend.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6328|Sweden
I did it.

I was the only one on my street.

Felt like a complete idiot but it was worth it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6607|SE London

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

It wouldnt effect anything. Give it up. Watch some futurama. In Futurama, they refer to global warming as a hoax. And naturely, i believe everything that comes from futurama because its the best show ever ever ever ever ever............. made
You clearly don't get the irony in that episode of Futurama then. Matt Groening is very against global warming and has spoken out to that effect on several occasions. There is no point in Futurama where it is suggested that global warming is a 'hoax'.

In any case, to the OP, I hadn't heard anything about this global electricity shutdown, which suprises me since some people I know are speaking at the conference in Paris at the moment (I helped one of them write their presentation for it, which they will have delivered yesterday)
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6675
So..anyone actually doing this??
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6401|Inside the AR Rockets.

gun.KingRat wrote:

I'll light a drum of oil on fire and roast a baby seal.  Seriously, you know global warming is a joke right?
You

Are

A

Retard.

Did you know Mars is a joke too? And that the sun is made by NASA and it's really just a huge oil lamp put up there 2 Billion years ago? They used their time machines they made.

Fuck man, grow a brain.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6607|SE London

Stingray24 wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

I'll take some over here, too.  -17 with windchill, supposed to be even colder this weekend.
Hottest January in the UK since 1916. Temperatures up as high as 15C - which is just crazy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard