Acromos
+2|6288
The bottom line here might be - I'm just playing the wrong game.

I don't like flying - what I like is cooperative play in a squad of various infantry kits. Sure, tanks are fine to a certain degree, and even planes have their place.

However - most servers I wind up on consist mainly of short intervals trying to dodge bombs from tactical fighter jets, and long waits to respawn. All of this without ever seeing a squad mate, because even if people join squads, they are scattered all over the map, noobing along - or quite possible in a plane somewhere.

So ... I whine much you say?

Well - I'd just like to ask if anyone knows of a server (or servers) that emphasizes the aspects of the game I enjoy the most???
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead
How about infantry only?
PluggedValve
+17|6331
Go to an Infantry only server.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

PluggedValve wrote:

Go to an Infantry only server.
Ha! I beat you by 4 seconds
Acromos
+2|6288
Right - clearly I'm the only one whose server list isn't teeming with infantry-only servers. But it isn't. So ... please ... doesn't anyone know of an actual server they can like, name for me? I mean - besides liking infantry, I also suck in a fairly profound way. Bring me to yor server, I'm a free kill ......
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6487|UK , Birmingham
what are u proposing , infantry can kill planes , hmmmmmm this sounds rather foolish
Acromos
+2|6288
And what are you proposing???

That my ak47 is a fair match for the combined military might carried by an f15 tactical fighter-bomber?

That my 7.62 ammo is as effective vs. air targets as clusterbombs, rotary cannons and guided missiles are vs. ground targets?

Yes - infantry can kill air targets. I've done it. Killed a cobra with my SAW249, and I've killed a chinese MIG with a stationary ground-to-air missile. But I'd hardly call the odds even, and if you would, you either lie, or spent so much time practicing it became true for you. Either way, it does not apply to me.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6336|Twyford, UK
I just refuse to play on any map with jets on it. If a server throws it up on rotation, I unload the map and switch servers.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6356
Just go infantry only server or play city maps that are limited to armor, transport and arty. (Karkand, Jalala...)
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6737|Mexico City
infantry only is for wussies.
people that play in IO servers are fags.

if you dont want to be killed by a plane, bomber or armors, then learn to play with them, or play Call of Duty.
.cat.
+4|6330

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

if you dont want to be killed by a plane, bomber or armors, then learn to play with them, or play Call of Duty.
I guess Im a fag... cool
JaggedPanther
+61|6464

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I just refuse to play on any map with jets on it. If a server throws it up on rotation, I unload the map and switch servers.
You are taking it the wrong way. Not all air maps have Ace Pilots. Most of the time they are noobs at the airfield kiilling each other for the God-Mode Jets but as far as Aces on every air map... It's not as profound.

Give them a try, if there is an ace with kills with 50 or 60 kills to 0 Deaths; Then it's time to leave...

I think air to air kills should have 4 points per kill, and .5 points for bombing land troops.  This would make jets what they were intended for.
SmackDowN
+5|6460
Go play special forces, no airplanes there and alot of fun on very good maps.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

Acromos wrote:

Right - clearly I'm the only one whose server list isn't teeming with infantry-only servers. But it isn't. So ... please ... doesn't anyone know of an actual server they can like, name for me? I mean - besides liking infantry, I also suck in a fairly profound way. Bring me to yor server, I'm a free kill ......
You know you can filter out the non-IO servers in the in-game browser, right? Just check the No Vehicles option. You'll have all the CS:S, oops i mean BF2, servers you can handle.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6429

Acromos wrote:

The bottom line here IS - I'm just playing the wrong game.
There I fixed it for ya.  Play infantry only, since that's an option now.  Or Sharqi, or any other map with no jets.  I mean, one look at the box for BF2 when you bought it should have tipped you off.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-01-30 14:56:39)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6720|Louisiana
Play Project Reality. I cannot stress how much of a difference there is between Vanilla BF2 and PR in terms of teamwork and communication.
MrE`158
+103|6614
I'm not much of a pilot either, but I really don't like Infantry Only, to me it kind of defeats the whole point of the Battlefield series...

I can't offhand suggest a specific server, but there should be plenty that focus on the maps that don't have jets:  Sharqi, Mashtuur, Karkand, and Songhua.  If you've got Euro Forces, Great Wall.

The other option is to just play more Special Forces, no jets on any of the maps, and SF servers tend to have a lower percentage of complete retards on them.  If you don't have SF... get it.  It's great.  Much more focussed on infantry; maps like Ghost Town and Warlord have armour and other vehicles on them, but it's still mostly infantry fighting. 

Sounds like you enjoy a similar game to me.  When I go to join a server, the first thing I look at is what map it's running, and my "Time on map" list looks like this (at the top):

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/MrE158/Playedmaps.jpg

Try those out (Wake excepted), you'll have fun.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6561|Portland, OR, USA

xintegrityx wrote:

Play Project Reality. I cannot stress how much of a difference there is between Vanilla BF2 and PR in terms of teamwork and communication.
hah I think I played with you the first night I got PR.  But I've never gone back to vanilla, PR is amazing...
l41e
+677|6639

1. Try reading.
2. Homophobia is bad.
3. Aww, poor Bennet. No one to spawncamp?
4. We still don't like you.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6449|behind my rifle

ok ill just snipe you out of your plane with my m95. then go back to playing IO

Last edited by 11sog_raider (2007-01-30 18:00:21)

Des.Kmal
+917|6609|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

lol, its because i rape you infantry, choppers, and tanks isnt it?

dont worry bennet, u still got me in jets. errr, Hets?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6671|Colorado Springs, CO

vehicles are for homo's
people that only can kill by being in a vehicle and have absolutely zero infantry skills are fags

if you dont wanna be killed by bullets, claymores, grenades or knives go play Tetris.
bobby177
+129|6464|Texas.. getting out asap
If you want to stick with BF2, play on the FULLCONTACTWAR server. Full map rotation, kick for not being in squad, wait in line for vehicles, no base rape.

But IMO go play Project Reality. Blows BF2 away in every aspect (except flashbanging helis taking off on the carrier on wake)
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6701|Sweden
were you supposed to be smart now arabeater? You made yourselve look slightly more stupied than Bennet here.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6449|behind my rifle

madmurre wrote:

were you supposed to be smart now arabeater? You made yourselve look slightly more stupied than Bennet here.
no. i got ur back arabeater *protects package*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard