Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
Glad I'm not a horse - break your leg and you get euthanized.

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/st … p;GT1=9012
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6329|Australia QLD
glad im a human because 1 person dies every 3 seconds. just as you read this, peaple are dying.
Stingray24
Ok then.  They sure aren't taking a bullet because they broke their leg, though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

I don't understand what the big deal is.  I mean, yeah, he won some races and some money, but come on, when I log into ESPN.com, I don't want see more than one article dedicated to Barbaro.

Think about how many other animals die every day and how little coverage/care people have for them.
Stingray24
He's just a famous horsie, wait a sec, WAS a famous horsie because people thought he could win the Triple Crown.  I'm with you, man, I don't want to see that headlining ESPN, either.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6837|Denver colorado
Its an animal and they tried as hard as they could to fix it. If they just left it their dying THEN it would be a big deal.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6648|Your moms bedroom
they were trying to save him so they could pimp him out and get big money for stud fees

off to the knackery

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-01-29 18:42:38)

cospengle
+140|6494|Armidale, NSW, Australia

lavadisk wrote:

Its an animal and they tried as hard as they could to fix it. If they just left it their dying THEN it would be a big deal.
younggun
+28|6651
I agree a few articles would be fine since he did win the derby and all but gees almost like 24/7 SC coverage is too much.

frankly... IDGAF about horse racing but to each his own i guess
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Sorry for Barbaro and his owner and racer and all those who knew him, but to be honest I don't see how a horse dying *yeah I know he won a race* is "CNN Breaking News." I doubt you'd see a breaking news headline if Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel (can't believe I wrote it like that) got hit by a bus tomorrow.

edit: Niki Taylor being made fun of on TV isn't worth front-page news either tbh.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-01-29 19:28:47)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
I feel bad for the horse, as he WAS a great race horse. . .and the owners as well, thats a tough pill to swallow! You put all that time and money into training the horse, watch him do well, then get hit with a freak accident! sucks. . .

Anyway, in the end its just a horse. . . .too bad they couldn't extract sperm from the animal, that would be probably be around a 150,000 grand per cum shot!!
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6597|California U.S.A
Yup this news is way overplayed already on the media.

They should have put all the money they used to preform surgery and care for the horse, into helping out our U.S. troops who are now amputees and burn victims from IED's or have permanent disabilities from gunfire.

It's a horse, which is an animal, in some countries is would be food at this point.

Sometime this world is really fucked up in the balance factor spend millions on a freakin' animal while we let people who really need the help such as our war vets past, and present go without the services they need and deserve.

That kinda shit really cranks my nutsack.

and don't even get me started on overpaid sports stars.

Gees I'm cranky I need to go field strip and clean some of my guns and have a shot or three of vodka.
Stingray24
Well at least some have put money towards care for our US troops who've been injured.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=62506
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
I don't know. hearing about this horse was a great relief from all the

Peyton "there are no other players on the colts but him" Manning talk.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6375|Columbus, Ohio

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I don't know. hearing about this horse was a great relief from all the

Peyton "there are no other players on the colts but him" Manning talk.
I have a good filter.  All I hear is " there is no reason to watch the superbowl."

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-01-30 10:32:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard