tsmokes
+7|6323
dudes, i work for a software company called PLAYXPERT.

we're working on an in-game IM/community management tool for mmo games.  we think its something that will destroy xfire.  as a chat tool, it'll let you talk to any other chat clients (aim, yahoo, msn and xfire).  it has set up bridges, so you don't have to have all your IM clients running at once, just playxpert.  plus, the way we've worked our technology, you can use it with any game.  it'll also collect all the server data, just like xfire, so you keep up with your stats.  we're also working a cool server search tool that'll let you search servers for just about anything, including the ability to search for users by what game they are playing (so if you play an old or obscure game and you have trouble finding people to play with, you can search for your game).

it also has widgets built in and you'll be able to write and download widgets, so its completely expandable.  some of the stock widgets we are working on will be:

a music player widget (winamp and itunes control in-game)
an internet browser widget
rig diagnostic widget
ventrilo/teamspeak widget

and we have a lot more ideas.  we want ideas from everyone, so if you have some input to offer, I'd like to join our invite-only site.   if you want an invite, just message me on bf2s.  my xfire handle is tgank.  also my work email is [email protected].  i am totally serious about this and its legit. 

and xfire diehards are going to naysay, but i can tell you that if xfire wants to keep up with our technology, they're going to have to build an entirely new tool from scratch, which is something i doubt they'll do, especially since they are owned by mtv/viacom now. 

our software will be free when the full version launches, but if you join our private site, you can test the beta versions and let us know what is cool and what sucks.   its a win/win:   we get free product opinions, you get your hands on the new technology.  it won't cost you anything, its private, and you get to say what you want from this kind of tool.  it'll definately be a competitive edge.

again, only the serious need apply.

thanks,
tsmokes
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6630|Camp XRay

you a version for os x and i will tickle your balls.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6559|Scotland
If its done right, itll be very very great
kiteboarderni
+62|6687
im interested. pm please
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6521|montreal, quebec

White-Fusion wrote:

If its done right, itll be very very great
If, but i hope for them it will work as good as he said
l41e
+677|6655

Beware the lawyers. That's all I have to say on this subject.
Brasso
+1,549|6637

Haha.  Suck my Xfire dick, MMO games blow.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
The first Beta version comes out tomorrow.  I also have invitations if anyone is interested.  PM me with your e-mail if you want one.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-01-29 12:58:52)

tsmokes
+7|6323
in the office, we're playing around with a beta version.  so far, all the chat part works great.  i'm talking to friends in xfire now.  the aim, yahoo and msn gateways work too.  right now, it has a thottbot widget that works too, but thats aimed at WoW players.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

haffeysucks wrote:

Haha.  Suck my Xfire dick, MMO games blow.
It's not just for MMOs, it will work with all sorts of games.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6663|The View From The Afternoon
Looks sweet. I'm not into testing but I'll definately get this when the final product's ready.
tsmokes
+7|6323
oh and the lawyers thing, we use gateways, similar to googletalk and jabber (and we should have support for those guys soon).  its completely legal (we have our own lawyers, dudes) and we're simply putting existing technology to work in one tool.  all of our features already exist separately.  we're just a bunch of gamers who wondered why there wasn't a tool already doing this kind of stuff.  so we decided to make one.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6670|under there hayousaidunderwear
the itunes control sounds interesting.
tsmokes
+7|6323
haffey, i was talking to ed2525 and he seemed interested, you're not?
tsmokes
+7|6323
also, _j5689_ is already a member.  he's got some invites to give out.  so you can hit me up or hit him up too.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

tsmokes wrote:

also, _j5689_ is already a member.  he's got some invites to give out.  so you can hit me up or hit him up too.
Sent you an XFire friend request also btw.
tsmokes
+7|6323
yeah.  and _j5689_ is right.  you can use it with ANY game.  you could use it with the original simcity if you want to.  also, on the mac issue, no it won't support mac, yet.  that is something we may have slotted for the future.

Last edited by tsmokes (2007-01-29 13:31:28)

r00ts
xD
+81|6549|Netherlands
i talked to you on xfire, but you probably allready know that
l41e
+677|6655

tsmokes wrote:

yeah.  and _j5689_ is right.  you can use it with ANY game.  you could use it with the original simcity if you want to.  also, on the mac issue, no it won't support mac, yet.  that is something we may have slotted for the future.
Sweetz0r. Will it be updated with new games every so often?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

k30dxedle wrote:

tsmokes wrote:

Sweetz0r. Will it be updated with new games every so often?
Of course.
Entertayner
+826|6577

Use capital letters and I might actually read what your post says.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

Entertayner wrote:

Use capital letters and I might actually read what your post says.
Why would that be so important?
Simon
basically
+838|6665|UK
sweet
tsmokes
+7|6323
NOW FEATURING CAPITAL LETTERS!

Dudes, I work for a software company called PLAYXPERT.

We're working on an in-game IM/community management tool for MMO games (although it supports all games).  We think its something that will destroy Xfire.  As a chat tool, it'll let you talk to any other chat clients (Aim, Yahoo, Msn and Xfire).  It has set up bridges, so you don't have to have all your IM clients running at once, just playxpert.  Plus, the way we've worked our technology, you can use it with any game.  It'll also collect all the server data, just like Xfire, so you keep up with your stats.  We're also working a cool server search tool that'll let you search servers for just about anything, including the ability to search for users by what game they are playing (so if you play an old or obscure game and you have trouble finding people to play with, you can search for your game).

It also has widgets built in and you'll be able to write and download widgets, so its completely expandable.  Some of the stock widgets we are working on will be:

-a music player widget (winamp and itunes control in-game)
-an internet browser widget
-rig diagnostic widget
-ventrilo/teamspeak widget

And we have a lot more ideas.  We want ideas from everyone, so if you have some input to offer, I'd like you to join our invite-only site.   If you want an invite, just message me on BF2S.  My xfire handle is tgank.  Also my work email is [email protected].  I am totally serious about this and its legit.

And Xfire diehards are going to naysay, but i can tell you that if Xfire wants to keep up with our technology, they're going to have to build an entirely new tool from scratch, which is something i doubt they'll do, especially since they are owned by mtv/viacom now.

Our software will be free when the full version launches, but if you join our private site, you can test the beta versions and let us know what is cool and what sucks.   Its a win/win:   we get free product opinions, you get your hands on the new technology.  It won't cost you anything, its private, and you get to say what you want from this kind of tool.  It'll definately be a competitive edge.

Again, only the serious need apply.

Thanks,

tsmokes
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6648|Deep In The South Of Texas
I'm in for testing it out. Check yer PM box.

*EDIT*

I R King of Page Two!

Last edited by The Stillhouse Kid (2007-01-29 14:00:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard