SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
Hey, how can I host my own server on my computer, I've tried it, but no one can enter my server, Help.

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2007-01-29 09:46:01)

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6424|Ontario, Canada
dont do it, it will lag so bad no one will play on it
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
Just to with play some friend of me, not a full 32 or 64 server

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2007-01-29 09:47:28)

arson
+99|6607|New York
You need to open specific ports on your router to allow this to happen. The ports are in the guide that came with your instal discs. if you can't find the listing of the ports needed to enable your server,  just bypass you router and connect  your comp directly into your modem.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6367|Indianapolis, IN

arson wrote:

You need to open specific ports on your router to allow this to happen. The ports are in the guide that came with your instal discs. if you can't find the listing of the ports needed to enable your server,  just bypass you router and connect  your comp directly into your modem.
^^^
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
I got 2 computers on 1 modem/router (dont know what it is)
NasmNLH
+6|6619
For a very simple solution that doesn't require changing your environment use Hamachi (http://hamachi.cc) and it'll be like your on a LAN.

Last edited by NasmNLH (2007-01-29 10:03:49)

SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands

arson wrote:

Ok and where can i open those ports? I use a SpeedTouch 546
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

NasmNLH wrote:

For a very simple solution that doesn't require changing your environment use Hamachi (http://hamachi.cc) and it'll be like your on a LAN.
Yup, Hamachi is the easiest way.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
How to do it the hard way?
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6406|UK

SamFisher199 wrote:

How to do it the hard way?
opening all the required ports in your router firewall (bout 30)

then specify an ip for the server

then allow incoming connections through router, firewall, av ect

then set up the server files

then making shure other dont time out as they join ( coz its on your comp )

then making shure you have enough bandwidth to play bf2, aswell as making shure it doesnt lag for ppl joining the server

all i can think of atm but im shure there is more

either use hamachi or rent a non ranked server or use the bf2w33d server thingy in bf2
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
thanks for the replies, but what is bf2w33d server thingy?
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6498|Panama
Hey, isnt there somebody here that works for a BF2 ranked server partner?

If so, maybe he can access the r00t files, of the RANKED server, copy paste`em to some storage device, just buy or rent some dedicated server for not much, and voila, you have your own FREE RANKED server!
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6284|Netherlands
lol, yeah right
manica03
+1|6262
SamFisher199, Have you solved your privet server issue? I have been using one for a while and I use a cable modem, router, firewall. I have as many as 6 players at a time on coop maps and I don't have any lag. What you need to do is go into your router web interface for configuration and create a DMZ. There should be a setting for this. Put the IP of your BF2 computer in for the DMZ address. You don't have to put in all of the ports the DMZ will handle it. It would be wise to use a firewall on your computer at this point, I use Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. Then server go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ for the address you give your buddies to connect to. Don't forget to password protect the BF2 server if you do not want anyone else to connect because it will show up in the multiplayer list. This will be an unranked server. This also works for "Create Local" in the multiplayer menu.
Mad Ad
+178|6482|England, UK
if you map the ports properly theres no need to dmz the machine

have a look on the battlefield 2 wiki, theres a sensible list of ports needing opening on there
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard