stratozyck
+35|6638
I was pretty bored this weekend.  Despite being less than 400 points away from Captain in BF2 I was bored of it.  I checked out GameTap, with the promise of hundreds of games.

I knew they wouldn't be the best, I saw the list beforehand.  It actually did have about 5 PC games I always wanted to try but never buy.   Operation Flashpoint was on there and so was Farcry.  They offered a 99 cent initial trial month, so I didn't think twice about signing up.

I already regret it.....

First, you can only play the games if your connected.  So if you have a cut in your connection, you can't even play a Nintendo game on it.  This is of course to protect their assets and all.

Second, almost none of the games have multiplayer capabilities.  Operation Flashpoint emphatically does not, even though that is why I wanted it. 

Lastly, and this is most significant... all the good games crash.  Seriously in this weekend I've seen my computer freeze up more times then all of last year.  I spent hours d/ling games that didn't even work past the main menu. 

This isn't my computer's fault - I've never had a problem running new games, let alone ones that are two to three years old.  My theory is that they messed with the games to make sure I can't copy or use them w/o being subscribed, and this is causing problems. 

Also, they are apparently going AOL on me.  They are making it hard to quit.  No links on their website to unsubscribe (though there are plenty to sign up!), and nothing in the FAQs on how to quit.  I will end up having to call customer service, where I am told they will hassle me about it, and try to sell me on more months. 

So there it is, GameTap in a nutshell.  A lot of hype and hoopla with no real product.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6481|Belgium
U should have never started in the first place with that kind of stuff but tnx for the warning anyways
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6662|The View From The Afternoon
Just don't give them another cent and spam filter their mail.

Screw Game "Trap" Crap and stick to BF2
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

CruZ4dR wrote:

Just don't give them another cent and spam filter their mail.

Screw Game "Trap" Crap and stick to BF2
here here!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard