some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6383

I'm in Wake, at the helipad, in the gunner seat of a tank because my retarded driver wants to hop out and whore for the chopper.  So I wait for him to do so, and just as we arrive I notice a friendly car coming towards the tank as if he wants to die.  So what, it's a tank.  I sit and stare.  Meanwhile my driver jumps out (while the tank is stationary) and runs to the helipad, and just as he does the car slams into the tank and the car driver dies.  W00t.

Suddenly I notice that I have been punished for a teamkill.  WTF?!

Has that happened to anyone else?

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-01-29 01:05:49)

Superglueman
+21|6352|The Great South Land
Yes, and its becoming more common.
My advice is, dont play during the school holidays or after school hours(until late)
The players during these times are of a very low calibre indeed....
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6372|MN
Kids, can't spank em anymore.  That is what the world is coming to.

I have had a bunch of obvious cases where someone gets themselves killed and they Punish for it.  If I kill you by accident that is one thing, if you drive your vehicle at a high rate of speed into my vehicle then you are an idiot.  If you then punish me for it, you are an even bigger idiot.

I like to remember their name and switch teams and hunt them down.  Every now and then I don't switch teams...
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6404|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

LividBovine wrote:

Every now and then I don't switch teams...
*CRUNCH*
Well waddaya know...you seem to be under my treads...it was an accident, honestly.

You have been punished for a teamkill.
TuataraDude
+115|6515|Aotearoa
Wake can be a fun map, but for some reason it brings out all the kiddies (apart from those that got 2142 for Christmas). Like Superglueman said, stay away during holidays. It's unfortunately the best thing to do.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6542|EUtopia | Austria
In comparison to that I think it's rather unfair I can't punish some freak who won't allow me to live, crashing a transport chopper straight onto my beatiful forehead.
Well, there are too many people who don't value a chopper. I mean, it's a lot of cash for a new one, actually.
im_in_heaven
+27|6580
happens all the time
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6677|West Yorkshire, U.K
I like drivin jeeps infront of jets then get out at the last second so it kills the pilot and i dont get a TK haha im such a noob and love being a noob no matter what anyone says
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6671|In You Endo- Stoke

im_in_heaven wrote:

happens all the time
Yep all the time,and does start to piss you off.

Its normal for people to punish for there dumbass mistakes they make.
Minion
C:/DOS - C:/DOS/RUN - RUN/DOS/RUN
+54|6591|Newfoundland, Canada
Something alot like that happened to me the other day, but I was driving a Car bomb strapped with C4... A guy with 2 passengers in his DPV drives full speed at my car, his car must have had low health cause his car blew up right away, with the explosion it made my car catch on fire, I jumped out and tried to run away but my C4 was still loaded on there, so the explosion from that sent me flying...

-12 points for Tking him and his 2 passengers by his mistake.
-2 points for 'being no more' with my C4
You were punished for a teamkill.

Those under the age of 10 should not be allowed to play Battlefield 2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f69858a2977e77bc2fdf9f5a2ba4a4d0177f38c0.png
bad_mongoloid
+3|6767|New York City

LividBovine wrote:

I have had a bunch of obvious cases where someone gets themselves killed and they Punish for it.  If I kill you by accident that is one thing, if you drive your vehicle at a high rate of speed into my vehicle then you are an idiot.  If you then punish me for it, you are an even bigger idiot.

I like to remember their name and switch teams and hunt them down.  Every now and then I don't switch teams...
Nice.  I do the same too, but I sign off and use my friend's dormant account to TK people who are stupid.  I usually wait until the perfect time like when they're going to capture a flag or when they wait forever to get a vehicle.  It's the best feeling it the world to keep TKing them!!!
ryanv12
+10|6334|San Francisco, CA, USA
That really sucks. Once I was riding in a blackhawk and the pilot chased down another blackhawk which was loaded with 5 guys....got right on top of it and bailed....We crash, I get the TK's for the 5 in there, and the pilot who bailed and was killed by the explosion.

Instant -24 Points and of course....

Even the dumbass pilot! Then I was kicked

Worse part is, the guys in the other blackhawk probably think I was the one that crashed into them.

So yeah, again the lesson: Don't play when kids are likely to be on.
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6507|montreal, quebec

juist play after 10pm, most of kids should be in bed or taking their bath a this time
Gilmourish
+4|6576|Holland
Those kind of things get really annoying after a while. It sometimes happens when I'm sniping and a guy suddenly stands in front me the second I shoot....and ofcourse kill him...You have been punished for a teamkill. Then I think: Get your eyes out of your ass and look before you do someting...I mean, it's not to hard to see me laying at your feet, isnt't it?

I allmost never punish for a tk, only when it's so obvious it was on purpose.
Inimicus_7
+26|6354|England, UK

Superglueman wrote:

Yes, and its becoming more common.
My advice is, dont play during the school holidays or after school hours(until late)
The players during these times are of a very low calibre indeed....
Best solution every, for even just playing BF in general.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6671|Middle of nowhere
i hate when your in a tank, and a friendly buggy runs into you and you get Team Vehicle damage

how the hell can it take that much damage??

o well
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6563
I'm 14 years old and i don't do immature shit like that. But if someone takes it a little too far with me, i can get REALLY immature REALLY quick.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6646|USA

ryanv12 wrote:

That really sucks. Once I was riding in a blackhawk and the pilot chased down another blackhawk which was loaded with 5 guys....got right on top of it and bailed....We crash, I get the TK's for the 5 in there, and the pilot who bailed and was killed by the explosion.

Instant -24 Points and of course....

Even the dumbass pilot! Then I was kicked

Worse part is, the guys in the other blackhawk probably think I was the one that crashed into them.

So yeah, again the lesson: Don't play when kids are likely to be on.
its not too bad, I would gather that your 'friends' thought you were the one they saw intentionally pilot into the opposing chopper. People just aren't smart these days, to realize an empty pilot seat, etc. COmmon sense is the best weapon for me.
kovac030
+0|6499
HOW MANY OF YOU HATE THIS you go to bomb an enemy base all u see is red on the uav then all of the sudden thier is a fucker on ur team in the middle of it and punsihes u for dropping a bomb right between his eyes
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.
I do it to pricks tbh.

Some guy flash banged me so he could get the tank on karkand (i dont use tanks much and i need hours for vet armour before i get general) So anyway, im flashed, he gets the tank. I get annoyed and take one of the cars, drive it into him and punish. Did it to him for the rest of the round til he got kicked. Serves him right for being an ass imo.
demois411
+1|6357
Since were talking about immature acts on teh  battlefield let me tell you something that happened yesterday that happened to me yesterday:  So I am playing Karkand,I spwn at the usmc eastern point and decide to ground pounding. Anyways, I keep killing this admin. and his thee guys with my PKM. This guy comes with a tank, apc hits him once, he bails out, about 2 guys on feet and one in the apc; Guy goes around and like an idiot thinks he is going to c4 the the apc. Ends up getting knifed, I hop in the tank(before they get it), take out the apc and the four other guys. on foot.

Right after that, the guy saids: "Admin! kick demois he wont let me use the tank". Message on top pops up saying: "KICKING!!!! demois411, let other ppl have a chance with the tank".

Anyone no a server where teamwork is actually used? I really want to take the f-35, bail out over the airfield and have 5 guys spwn on me and cap the flag during the first 30 sec. of wake.  That would be awesome.
ryanv12
+10|6334|San Francisco, CA, USA

demois411 wrote:

Anyone no a server where teamwork is actually used? I really want to take the f-35, bail out over the airfield and have 5 guys spwn on me and cap the flag during the first 30 sec. of wake.  That would be awesome.
I have ALWAYS wanted to do that, nobody ever has the patience to wait for me to fly for 10 seconds. I wish servers would allow more time until each round starts - say 1.5 minutes. That'll give you time to squad up and get a plan going. There's this one SF server that does that (I forget the name) and it's nice...because the impatient kids leave as well.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6338|Twyford, UK
I've had the vehicle thing happen to me, but never as a teamkill. For example, making an assault on the Wake airfield in a Hummvee, I got hit by an FAV going the other direction trying to cap the flag I just left. Huge explosion, I'm suddenly staring at a pile of blackened FAV. So, I bail, and realise the hummve is just smoking, and I've roadkilled a vehicle.

Incidentally, in the situation described in the original post, I would admit fault and forgive the TK, much like I do when someone reverses a tank over me when the enemy one shows up unexpectedly and I was standing behind it, and suchlike.
I punish for artillery TKs after the third instance of such, though. If you're that careless, you deserve it.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I punish for artillery TKs after the third instance of such, though. If you're that careless, you deserve it.
Er, what version are you playing?
AWSMsniper
+3|6302

-=]V[-i-n-i-o-n=- wrote:

Something alot like that happened to me the other day, but I was driving a Car bomb strapped with C4... A guy with 2 passengers in his DPV drives full speed at my car, his car must have had low health cause his car blew up right away, with the explosion it made my car catch on fire, I jumped out and tried to run away but my C4 was still loaded on there, so the explosion from that sent me flying...

-12 points for Tking him and his 2 passengers by his mistake.
-2 points for 'being no more' with my C4

Those under the age of 10 should not be allowed to play Battlefield 2.
Im not sure about BF2, but C4 does not explode due to fire. In needs PRESSURE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard