airborne916
+24|6675
well i think its time for a system restore. But i want to save some things. What some of the better external HDs?
claor
+39|6425|Australia
go LACIE, i have got a Lacie 320gb external,, no problems... although when you first get it, its in the "FAT" file system so you need to reformat it which is dead easy and select the NTFS file system.. and off you go ..
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland
a system restore doesn't delete your files..
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

buy an external enclosure and stick in a normal HD. way cheaper
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
airborne916
+24|6675

leetkyle wrote:

than what dose it do?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

airborne916 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

than what dose it do?
It depends on how you do it.  You can have Windows simply do an install over the top of your existing installation.  Although it shouldn't result in file loss, it has been known to happen, so MS still recommends backing up files you want to keep.  However, this is usually only effective in fixing minor issues.

If you have bigger issues I recommend a full restore that includes nuking the partition and making a new one.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6822136059

small, power through the usb port, plenty of storage space. i carry this with me when i travel. never had a problem with it. it's taken plenty of abuse from africa to russia.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6381|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I have a photography magazine with an add in the back for some old guy that makes portable HDD's for the Army & stuff, supposed to be shock resistant to like ten-billion nano-micro-uno-meters or something like that but I just use Seagate drives. Had one fail that I bought 2 years ago but Seagate sent me a new one before mine even got back to them.
HeimdalX
+37|6661
I have a WD MyBook... I got a 400gb one for like 80 bucks on a black friday sale.

It works pretty good.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

claor wrote:

go LACIE, i have got a Lacie 320gb external,, no problems... although when you first get it, its in the "FAT" file system so you need to reformat it which is dead easy and select the NTFS file system.. and off you go ..
Seconded. Only, please pull the plug out the back of the drive before you transport it anywhere. You don't want any unit feedback to kill your data.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard