11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6475|behind my rifle
after talking about this too my friends. we came up with the following. my school is a prison.

my school, has a population of 2500 kids 9-12. so you could call it big. So as you could geuss security for our students is number 1. Our school right now has about 9-10 security guards working full time during school hours. These security gaurds started out nice. when our school was issued ID's a while back. they turned into hitler and osama. We (the students) must wear a id around our necks from 7:45:-3:20. we have a plastic case to keep them in. if our ID becomes scratched we must buy a new one for 5 bucks. if we are caught not wearing a ID you automatically recieve 2 hours of detention and you are made to clean up the commons.

At first i didnt mind the rule. Now, our school runs on block scheduling. which has 4 classes a day, each 95 mins long. one day you might have 4 subjects the next youll have a differnt 4 and so on. well if you only take 3 classes a day. that mean you have an open period during the day. now if you have a open period during the day, youre expected to go straight to the commons and sit in there if you have the open period in the middle 2 periods of the day: EX

Block 1: math
      Block 2: open
      Block 3: science
     Block  4: english
now ^^ above, it shows you have block 2 open. now at the time of block two, your are required to go down to the commons and sit for 95 minutes, they normally dont let you get up, talk, draw. just homework. So if you dont have homework, your fucked. Now in my schedule,i have 4th blcok off. so i tend to leave after 3rd. well one day i had to stay for the 4th block. Now technically im done for the day, so i can leave anytime during 4th block. So about halfway through 4th block. im hungry so i decide to leave. well i start heading out, when 2 security guards stop me and tell me i have to stay seated in teh commons or get detention. i tell them im done for the day and im leaving. What do i end up with. detention. so the next day i have the same ordeal. i leave halfawy through by sneaking out. and i have to comeback to take a makeup test after school. so i come back 3 minutes before school gets out. and a security gaurd outside stops me and said i cant enter the building until after school. WTF!!!. so i wait till school gets out. and i head inside to complain,because at this time im pissed. so i head intothe office and start to complain. what do i get. not detention. but a butt chewing.

now i fugred i deserved that. so i recently found out that. during our 3rd block(which is our lunch time) yo uhave to schan in saying that your in the common and not skipping. if you dont you get detention. so i didnt know. so what do i end up with again...detention.
do anyone elses schools do this, or are like this. lemme know, i feel left out of the cool world
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6337|Australia QLD
umm.. im my prevous school..
we had a seperate block for trouble makers, called planning centre.
anyone that starts a fight, misbehaves, does not attend school without note or so... they get sent there.
i been there only 2 times. not so bad, just boring. no one tells you off, no one smacks ya.
and last year a new rule came out: if you wag school youre suspended for one day in planing centre. so thats 6 hours of sitting in one room doing nothing! very depressing.
once 125 kids wagged school in one day, and guess what? they were all stuck in 5 different rooms the next day!
edit: ignore my spelling mistakes, no FF here

Last edited by Sneaky.Russian (2007-01-28 17:57:28)

cospengle
+140|6503|Armidale, NSW, Australia
You have security guards at your school? WTF?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
sounds more like the army
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6732|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

cospengle wrote:

You have security guards at your school? WTF?
Meh, a lot of public schools in America have them (don't know if this was an American public school, though).  My high school had several full time cops on campus all day, but the most they ever really did was catch the occasional thief or break up fights.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6737|Sydney, Australia
Dude, your school is fucked up.

When we have a "free" period, (what the teachers call a study period... lol), I can go to the schools library and study. I can also use the computers there, and that means the occasional game/ looking at forums. We are generally free to do what we want, as long as we don't disturb any other classes, or break school rules.

If we have a free at the beginning or end of the day, was can use our student card to "swipe in/out" early or late. For example, if I have a double free on Monday morning (we have 8 periods per day, about 39min each) I can come in at the end of recess, just before P3 starts. That's at about 10:30 as opposed to 7:30 for morning classes or 8:37 for regular school.

I guess my school is different though, in size. We have 720 students from 7-12.

Mcminty.
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6337|Australia QLD
oh thats right, i forgot to mention, we had a policeman working for school too.
and an sms system where if you wag, your parents get an sms on the mobile 30 mins after your absence. saying that your son/daughter didnt attend school blah blah blah
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
yeah its an american school, we also have 1 cop there too. im well known in the detention room
dubbs
+105|6648|Lexington, KY

11sog_raider wrote:

my school, has a population of 2500 kids 9-12. so you could call it big.
Big???  Where I live that is a medium size school, for a high school.  I went to the smallest in our city, and we had at least that amount.

11sog_raider wrote:

now i fugred i deserved that. so i recently found out that. during our 3rd block(which is our lunch time) yo uhave to schan in saying that your in the common and not skipping. if you dont you get detention. so i didnt know. so what do i end up with again...detention.
do anyone elses schools do this, or are like this. lemme know, i feel left out of the cool world
Maybe instead of skipping your last period, you should study English, because yours is not so great. 

In the public school system that I was in, you would probally get suspended for skipping school.  The school is responsible from the time you get there, until the end of the school day.

Edit:

Why is everyone stressing the security guards?  At my high school, we had actual police officers.  I remember my freshman year getting ran over by undercover police as they chased a guy who was dealing drugs at school.  We had police in cars, ride around the outside of the campus just to make for sure everything was okay.  It was very common to know the officers by name, and even walk down the hall with them.  They were even there to arrest people who were in fights and such.  I know that in my high school, if you were in a fight, you were suspended, and had criminal charges pressed against you.

Last edited by dubbs (2007-01-28 18:31:58)

Hawk390
+27|6660|Melbourne, Australia
Seriously, no wonder you think its a prison, you have security guards on your SCHOOL? shit.....

Damn, all we have is 2 teachers on yard duty and some locked gates. I mean in Singapore we had Gurkhas outside the australian school there, but that was cos some indo islamic terrorists wanted to bomb all teh foreign kids. Now with those guys you feel safe. 6 foot + with H&K submachine guns and a knife the length of your forearm......Eating in your canteen.........

But they did there job, some guy broke down outside the campus and within 10 minutes he was surrounded by 20 gurkas with guns drawn and aimed at him. Turned out he actually had broken down. That'll teach him to stop outside an international school, lol.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
i live in south dakota, my school would bbe the 16th largest city in the state. so its big for me
dubbs
+105|6648|Lexington, KY

11sog_raider wrote:

i live in south dakota, my school would bbe the 16th largest city in the state. so its big for me
According to Wikipedia it would be the 26th.  How large is your city?  I am assuming you live in Sioux Falls.  My city is about twice Sioux Falls size, and we have five high schools with at least 2000 students each.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

dubbs wrote:

11sog_raider wrote:

According to Wikipedia it would be the 26th.  How large is your city?  I am assuming you live in Sioux Falls.  My city is about twice Sioux Falls size, and we have five high schools with at least 2000 students each.
i live in rapid city, did i put 16th. hmm thats what i was told. o well i belive you rapid has 60,000
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.
my school had one cop that worked there. he wasnt strict at all though. he would just go around talking to people like he was their friend. he was pretty funny too. i guess thats the closest we had to security...
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6688
You will bitch until some kid shows up with an assault rifle.  Then you will praise them...

So stfu.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6708|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Heh, the high school I go to is the largest high school in all of San Diego County at a little over 3,600 students, and the school was built for 1,800. We have about four or five security guards are at the school all day, but they really don't do anything. As for the leaving, I don't have a 6th period, so I just leave at lunch and no one asks about it.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6674|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
i go to a public school cheap as anything no air con, heck the fans dont even work half the shit is broken in the school the only half decent  things at my school are the new computers, but stupid school admin has banned my account so no more computers courses for me
acEofspadEs6313

ozzie_johnson wrote:

i go to a public school cheap as anything no air con, heck the fans dont even work half the shit is broken in the school the only half decent  things at my school are the new computers, but stupid school admin has banned my account so no more computers courses for me
Bum one off a friend.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

Stealth42o wrote:

You will bitch until some kid shows up with an assault rifle.  Then you will praise them...

So stfu.
our security guards have a flashlight and a notepad + pencil. ive only seen the cop once
acEofspadEs6313

11sog_raider wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

So stfu.
our security guards have a flashlight and a notepad + pencil. ive only seen the cop once
Hm, the security at our school have tazors... o.0
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6656|Your moms bedroom
wait until the drug tests start for the athletes then it will really seem like prison (this may be happening in Texas)
acEofspadEs6313

Locoloki wrote:

wait until the drug tests start for the athletes then it will really seem like prison (this may be happening in Texas)
Oh snap, that started at my school last year. They put everyone who are athletes and in extracurricular activities into a pool and randomly select people. It you test positive the first time, you're told and put into a second pool. If you test positive a second time, your parents are told, you're suspended for 2 days, and put into another pool, If you test positive a third time, well.... I don't know. They didn't tell us that part.

Last edited by acEofspadEs6313 (2007-01-28 19:58:10)

11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

Locoloki wrote:

lol hasnt hapened yet, we have drug dog searches like every month ( i dont mind i got nothin on me). we had a drug test my freshman year for football but thats it
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6633|UCF
Back in high school when I started there was 1 officer, we had to wear collared shirts, long pants, tucked in. Get caught 6 times, 2-hr detention. The outside eating area was reserved for Seniors only, and no one was allowed to leave.(this is 2001)

At 2005, we could wear shorts & normal shirts, we could leave/come in late if our free period was first/last. We could eat outside during lunch across the entire campus, all students at the same time, but we couldn't go off campus and return. There was 1 new officer and about every good teacher was forced to retire as they all had tenure and pissed off too many people.

Student population was 1400, over-crowed by 500. Of course, this was a magnet school so the officers were there to keep trouble makers off campus. As the #7th ranked HS in the USA was also in the drug capitol of Florida.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6656|Your moms bedroom

vpyroman wrote:

Back in high school when I started there was 1 officer, we had to wear collared shirts, long pants, tucked in. Get caught 6 times, 2-hr detention. The outside eating area was reserved for Seniors only, and no one was allowed to leave.(this is 2001)

At 2005, we could wear shorts & normal shirts, we could leave/come in late if our free period was first/last. We could eat outside during lunch across the entire campus, all students at the same time, but we couldn't go off campus and return. There was 1 new officer and about every good teacher was forced to retire as they all had tenure and pissed off too many people.

Student population was 1400, over-crowed by 500. Of course, this was a magnet school so the officers were there to keep trouble makers off campus. As the #7th ranked HS in the USA was also in the drug capitol of Florida.
7th ranked in what? Drugs?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard