Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

CruZ4dR wrote:

I sniped an enemy on Mashtuur who was over 500 m away, barely in sight.
Barely in sight?

https://www.xs4all.nl/~thoorens/bf2/fogview1.1.jpg
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6509|Valley of the Dragons

Todd_Angelo wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

I sniped an enemy on Mashtuur who was over 500 m away, barely in sight.
Barely in sight?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~thoorens/bf2/fogview1.1.jpg
If he can actually see that far on Mashtuur it would explain a kill he made against me some months ago. A shot that came out of the blue after I did a recon sweep of the surrounding area and saw nothing. I'll leave the implication of this post open for debate.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
My favourite sniper shot was the head shot i got yesterday on a team mate with a pistol at 145m. I couldnt even see him, it was just his name tag he was so far away.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-05-18 03:06:14)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6331|Orrstrayleea
The l85 has a scope, does that count? ive head-shoted a certain member of this forum a few times with that you know who you are
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord
Some of my favs:

Raphi
Banned
+354|6267|Basel, Switzerland

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Some of my favs:

Some really nice shots. Have you already seen my new video in the media section? ;D
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6796|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
512-520m Kubra one of my favorites

Similar to a hole in one in golf, always good to have a witness as I'm not much into vids. Books_DCDF and I were scoping in our usual pair that day.
dont_be_ss
+312|6603|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Similar to a hole in one in golf, always good to have a witness as I'm not much into vids. Books_DCDF and I were scoping in our usual pair that day.
Long time no see

Nice kill sinny My best so far is 609m on dalian.

Ive done 5 kills 600m+ and dozens over 500m.

My favourite was on wake island, i was PLA on the end of the mainland, i killed a US commander who was on the carrier. Id guess its 600m but it was a total fluke and i couldnt believe it.

I made sure i got it on fraps though
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6337|105 RVK

dont_be_ss wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Long time no see

My favourite was on wake island, i was PLA on the end of the mainland, i killed a US commander who was on the carrier. Id guess its 600m but it was a total fluke and i couldnt believe it.

hey I just played with u on TEK server and did better tha nu and we were both snipers

And I rarely go sniper
dont_be_ss
+312|6603|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Missionless wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Long time no see

hey I just played with u on TEK server and did better tha nu and we were both snipers

And I rarely go sniper
In what way? Points? i got 34-6 on my only round of sniping tonight. Only sniper who had more points than me was noob tyler, he didnt just use sniper though
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6337|105 RVK

dont_be_ss wrote:

Missionless wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Long time no see

And I rarely go sniper
In what way? Points? i got 34-6 on my only round of sniping tonight. Only sniper who had more points than me was noob tyler, he didnt just use sniper though
I did too! just picked up med packs and ammo packs from dead soldiers time to time

Last edited by Missionless (2007-05-18 16:53:06)

Jemme101
M24 Abuser

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

You play Tandem with Books_DCDF? Send him my regards. He is my favourite All-Round Sniper who is still on his Main Account from day 1
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6242|Albion
ghost town sitting in the top left flag, i'd raced past the the tower in the center of the square and place a claymore there for security.

it went off.

guessing that the guy might think that the way is all clear i scoped up and watched him race into the tower and start to climb, as he reaches the top and sets up, boom. then about 30 secs later the same guy runs into the tower again, this time i managed to snipe him off the ladder through a window. once again 30 secs later hes back climbing the tower.... just as he reaches the top, boom. 30 seconds later HE IS BACK CLIMBING THAT TOWER AGAIN.

this continued untill the hind strafed my ass.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6747|Great Wall
My best - headshot (first shot) with SVD from 100-130m, I killed someone skydiving (no parachute open).. Pure luck

Second best - headshot (first shot) with SVD from 5 meters - killed one guy shooting at me with DAO-12. Pure luck too. I can imagine what the guy was thinking about me after that

Other things like headshots from 500m are nothing special really.. everyone can do it.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6299|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Missionless wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Missionless wrote:

And I rarely go sniper
I did too! just picked up med packs and ammo packs from dead soldiers time to time
Wait. Missionless, aren't you the reincarnation of noob Tyler?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6454|EE Chat
I was sitting on the U.S. aircraft carrier on Wake Island 2007, I was chinese sniper, 12 kills shooting people out of the cobra. Then i continued until the round was over yielding 86 points. I was happy.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6663|USA

dont_be_ss wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Long time no see

QFT on the long time no see...is books still active on bf2s?
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

R0lyP0ly wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Long time no see

QFT on the long time no see...is books still active on bf2s?
Books_DCDF ; Last post: 2006-09-02 18:45:33

I guess not. But he is still in the Top-30 Sniper Rifle ranking at #23.

He played today as a matter of fact ; Last Battle: 20.05.2007 at 08:59
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?

Jemme101 wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

You play Tandem with Books_DCDF? Send him my regards. He is my favourite All-Round Sniper who is still on his Main Account from day 1
The Professor and I play together 6-7 nights a week. We first met over 1 1/2 years ago. We both had original accounts and were on a mission to get in top 5. I made it to #3 the Doctor wasnt far behind. We then joined BF2combat.net tourney and gave up full time sniping. Truthfully we still get a good chuckle when we look rarely even look at the boards, we stopped our minimum 100+ kills a day w/ rifle almost 9 months ago and we've only dropped dozen or 2 slots. We've always had different styles, so we work ridiculously well together. Old RolyPoly recalls the days he used to run with us:)

BTW good to see ya Roly and SS..."Silent souls, make .308 holes" and you two are truly silent souls.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Not one of my best, just one of my favorites b/c The doctor and I had been drinking heavy, was 3am, possible I was even seeing double red nametags, Books said pick one and fire. we laughed for 20 minutes straight. Not an exceptional shot but nonetheless a favorite.

ps. No, he dosnt check here too much, mostly our forums at www.bf2combat.net , 30v30 battles 10 hours long twice a week on Thurs and Sun.
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned
I was on Ghost Town sniping from the huge tower (nubish i know) and i saw a Hind  flying rather badly so i insulted the guy and he gets pissed. I become his number one target and he bee lines for me. I had the M95 so im like what the hey? he dives by and i shoot, miss. he does some half assed turn and then i pop another one. it takes him out and the heli lands on the building and barrol rolls off the side. you can bet i was LAWLS!!!!
ReTox
+100|6508|State of RETOXification
Karkand at the Cement Factory.  I was on the roof in the shadow of the eaves (by the river side) and saw a guy running along the bridge to the GateHouse.  I figured it was an easy shot until he started bunny hopping.  He reached the little sentry shack that is there and soon as as he tried to cross the span into the fenced area I headshotted him mid-bunny hop and he litterally flipped "ass over tea-kettle" style.

It wasn't a long shot by any means but he was an erratically moving target that I absolutely owned.
spuddy1981
+10|6371|england
What does every one use long range.  I never hit with the M95 so have started using the m24.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

spuddy1981 wrote:

What does every one use long range.  I never hit with the M95 so have started using the m24.
How long?

The M24 is a fine fine rifle in the game so except for some situations (particularly hidden targets at very long range) you're not holding yourself back using one.

When you play SF a lot you have a limited choice of guns so if you want a bolt-action rifle it's M95 or M24 only. Once you get used to either or both of them again (if you were hooked on the L96A1 from vanilla) you get to appreciate them; I honestly hated the M95 previously but after re-acclimating myself to it it's honestly not nearly as bad as I used to think it was. And I absolutely love the M24 now.

A lot of the perceived problems with the M95 are to do with learning how to aim with the fat reticle, plus it is actually less accurate than the M24 or L96A1 (it has the same accuracy as the two semi-autos, which have double the deviation of the other two bolt-actions). Because of deviation you can have aimed right but the bullet misses anyway (esp. common if you like to shoot when standing) but on top of that are shots that don't register or disappear in flight; add those to the mix (esp. if you're unlucky and you get them more than average) and it feels like the M95 is a lot worse than it is.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6682|A sunburnt country
Good to see some of you "boys" still sniping, there's no better kit in the game!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard