gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

thecrushah wrote:

It'd be awesome to see all of you who are saying its a noob gun because its too good over in Iraq. The equipment dispatcher says alright heres all your top of the line equipment and you'd respond "im not gonna use that stuff, itll make me a noob" then they go off with a slingshot and a garbage can lid and gets sniped in the head
YAY ANOTHER REAL LIFE VS A GAME ARGUEMENT. IN REAL LIFE YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE. IN A GAME YOUR LIFE IS NOT ON THE LINE AND ITS ABOUT HAVING FUN AND CHALLENGING YOUR SKILL LEVEL. WHICH YOU DO NOT DO WITH THE G36e. Kgo.
Skill level of what? Being able to precisely move and click a mouse? Who cares about skill? I play to have fun, I have fun by killing, therefore I kill any way I can.
Surely its more fun to kill someone with something that takes more skill than the G36e?

Like, don't you feel like a better player if you kill 3 people with an MP5 than 3 people with a g36e?
thecrushah
+6|6489|Boston, MA

gene_pool wrote:

thecrushah wrote:

It'd be awesome to see all of you who are saying its a noob gun because its too good over in Iraq. The equipment dispatcher says alright heres all your top of the line equipment and you'd respond "im not gonna use that stuff, itll make me a noob" then they go off with a slingshot and a garbage can lid and gets sniped in the head
YAY ANOTHER REAL LIFE VS A GAME ARGUEMENT. IN REAL LIFE YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE. IN A GAME YOUR LIFE IS NOT ON THE LINE AND ITS ABOUT HAVING FUN AND CHALLENGING YOUR SKILL LEVEL. WHICH YOU DO NOT DO WITH THE G36e. Kgo.
Well excuuuuuuuuse me mr 1337 gamer who probably does those stupid speed runs of video games in 10 mins. I bought the game to have fun and kill shit, not get frustrated trying to kill with only a crappy gun.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

gene_pool wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Skill level of what? Being able to precisely move and click a mouse? Who cares about skill? I play to have fun, I have fun by killing, therefore I kill any way I can.
Surely its more fun to kill someone with something that takes more skill than the G36e?

Like, don't you feel like a better player if you kill 3 people with an MP5 than 3 people with a g36e?
So long as I kill 3 people I'm happy. I don't see how the method of killing them matters in any way at all. All it really does is make you full of yourself. You don't have to prove you're good to anybody, it only makes you feel like a bigger man, and apparently to a lot of people, that matters in a video game...
gene_pool
Banned
I give up.

my view on the things:

-g36e is the easiest gun to use
-g36e takes no skill to use
-g36e is aids
-you will catch many diseases using the g36e
-i have no respect for your rank/kdr/anything if you use a g36e (constantly...)
-people who stick up for the g36e are probably users of the g36e trying to give themselves and others the idea they DO have skill when they DON'T.

Don't deny it. I'm right.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

So long as I kill someone and I can see that I'm getting better in the game and having fun at same time I'm happy. With G36E this doesn't happen.

Conclusion: G36E sucks.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

gene_pool wrote:

I give up.

my view on the things:

-g36e is aids
-people who stick up for the g36e are probably users of the g36e trying to give themselves and others the idea they DO have skill when they DON'T.

I can deny it because I don't use the G36e... I just hate when people complain about something that they die by a lot. Anybody who complains about the G36e is right up there with those who complain about bunny hopping, medic whores, heli whores, or whatever. Face it, you can't kill them, so you have to cry about it. Why can't you just admit that? I hardly even play medic anymore, and I use the AK-101 more when I am medic too. I just really don't see the need to cry about a gun, we all have problems too but you don't see us crying about it do you? You are the most uncool kid I have ever met.
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

The g36 argument will never end
/sigh
Nor will that quote
gene_pool
Banned

gene_pool wrote:

I give up.

my view on the things:

-g36e is aids

I can deny it because I don't use the G36e... I just hate when people complain about something that they die by a lot. Anybody who complains about the G36e is right up there with those who complain about bunny hopping, medic whores, heli whores, or whatever. Face it, you can't kill them, so you have to cry about it. Why can't you just admit that? I hardly even play medic anymore, and I use the AK-101 more when I am medic too. I just really don't see the need to cry about a gun, we all have problems too but you don't see us crying about it do you? You are the most uncool kid I have ever met.
actually. I don't care about bunny hopping. There easy to hit and they can't shoot me while there doing it. If i cired about choppers i would go play IO (which i do occasionally but generally when theres not many other servers to pick from)

And I am the uncoolest kid you have ever met? Grand thing to say considering you haven't met me.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
If you didn't get the reference of my last sentence, you seriously are the uncoolest kid I know.
thecrushah
+6|6489|Boston, MA

If you didn't get the reference of my last sentence, you seriously are the uncoolest kid I know.
QFT
gene_pool
Banned
Did something go over my head :S
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

Wait until the part when Radiohead comes in. You always have to add some comedy to arguements to make them worthwhile. I apologize for not quoting it exactly too.
gene_pool
Banned
I see
JaggedPanther
+61|6475
Ak-101 all the way!!!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
Thing is, Gene, you're just plain wrong and you know it. You and all the other G36E bashers can just stick it up your asses, simply because there's nothing you can do about it. People will keep using the G36E, you will keep getting owned, and you will keep crying about it like little babies. Sometimes I use the 36, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I own with it, and sometimes the AK101 does better for me. A couple of days ago I went on an IO server and played for an hour or so using only the AT class, with the DAO-12. And I STILL owned. Does that make me pro? No, it doesn't. It makes me an IDIOT for going ANTI-TANK on an INFANTRY ONLY server. But I must admit it felt kinda fun, killing everybody with a weapon totally unfit for the situation. But it's just as much fun to just pick up the G36E every now and then and just raping the shit out of crying noobs. (Damn I hate that word, 'noobs'.)

My point here being, that there's nothing wrong with using the best weapon for a certain situation. If there's lots of infantry around, you pick a gun that's good for killing infantry, and that's what the G36E is. If you think it's fun to use a sucky weapon, then that's your choice (and indeed, it can be fun, such as in the AT example above), but not everybody is obligated to feel the same way. Don't go around calling players who use the best tool for the job 'noobs'. All that does is make you look like one.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2007-01-27 16:52:56)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
im_in_heaven
+27|6589

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Everybody can use what they want, but some points can be made.  I think true "skill" in bf2 comes from when you do take default weapons, and you can own the nub who uses the g36e everytime.  Why, the G36e really is a great gun, better than the rest.  Dont bullshit me, know how I know?  Ive tested it, on the same server with the same people on the same team.  One round, took the ak101, did pretty good.  Next round, took a g36e when I was back on mec (to make the experiment with the same circumstances), and did so much better.  The g36e really is a gun which anybody can use.  You can take it at 100 yards with burst fire, spam left click and get the kill in about 1 second of firing.  I believe its recoil really isnt high.

Im not saying everybody using it is a nub, but it only takes a nub to use it.  Ive seen people use it the whole round.  Ive told them to use the m16/ak101/ak47, and some listened.  You know what happened when they did, they blew asshole.  They are so used to taking it, spamming left click at any distance with it, and getting insta-kills.  Doesnt even matter though, because this doesnt work if theyre playing against more skilled players.  Most g36e users ive seen will just prone and start crazily firing expecting me or anybody else to just stay stationary, when actually you just move around a bunch and own them.   It takes skill to avoid fire, and when you do, it takes skill to take an m16/ak101, etc and actually AIM and kill somebody, dealing with things like actual RECOIL.

If you think youre skillfull, make up a team and start having scrims or matches in leagues and get back to me on how you do without your little g36e there.

Go ahead, keep using it, I'll still own you.
For the people saying "why is it noobish to use the best equipment?"  Maybe it isnt noobish, but you can get such more satisfaction of owning the guy who does knowing youre using the worst of the equipment.
Do you really think that only league players are good? Majority of good players arent in clans or leagues. I will go ahea and keep using it and no you still wont own me. IMO the Ak-101 is spary and pray you dont need to aim it you just shoot and it magically finds heads. At least the g36e you have to point it at your enemy.
I will own you.
The only thing you own is a pair of huggies.
gene_pool
Banned

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Thing is, Gene, you're just plain wrong and you know it. You and all the other G36E bashers can just stick it up your asses, simply because there's nothing you can do about it. People will keep using the G36E, you will keep getting owned, and you will keep crying about it like little babies. Sometimes I use the 36, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I own with it, and sometimes the AK101 does better for me. A couple of days ago I went on an IO server and played for an hour or so using only the AT class, with the DAO-12. And I STILL owned. Does that make me pro? No, it doesn't. It makes me an IDIOT for going ANTI-TANK on an INFANTRY ONLY server. But I must admit it felt kinda fun, killing everybody with a weapon totally unfit for the situation. But it's just as much fun to just pick up the G36E every now and then and just raping the shit out of crying noobs. (Damn I hate that word, 'noobs'.)

My point here being, that there's nothing wrong with using the best weapon for a certain situation. If there's lots of infantry around, you pick a gun that's good for killing infantry, and that's what the G36E is. If you think it's fun to use a sucky weapon, then that's your choice (and indeed, it can be fun, such as in the AT example above), but not everybody is obligated to feel the same way. Don't go around calling players who use the best tool for the job 'noobs'. All that does is make you look like one.
No, I am right.

All the other stuff i can't be bothered replying to.

Anyway, 2 minutes is up, i should be able to get back on my server. (keep getting kicked for packet loss )
XRogerMellieX
+8|6330

LaidBackNinja wrote:

A couple of days ago I went on an IO server and played for an hour or so using only the AT class, with the DAO-12. And I STILL owned. Does that make me pro? No, it doesn't. It makes me an IDIOT for going ANTI-TANK on an INFANTRY ONLY server. But I must admit it felt kinda fun, killing everybody with a weapon totally unfit for the situation.
AT and engi kits are great on IO, it's such a disrespectful way of killing people. But it is not an idiot thing to do.

Here's me as commander on an IO server the other day with the AT

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/XstrangerdangerX/sraw.jpg

And a tip kids, on IO you don't need to command hidden somewhere out the back. There's no arty or vehicles and you can generally use your T rosette to lay UAV and supplies. Just make sure to look after the greater good and not your own sorry arse.

Oh, and genepool isn't a noob, he's a damned fine player. What we don't like is that the G36e is a handicap tool for noobs.

In a one on one firefight against a G36e where I lose, I've lost to the weapon NOT to the player.

It frustrates me to be someone elses trophy piece because of that. You want to kill me, EARN IT. You want gold medals and respect, EARN IT.

Don't drive a ferrari in a mini-cooper race and expect people to think well of you.

Last edited by XRogerMellieX (2007-01-27 17:34:00)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

gene_pool wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

No, I am right.

All the other stuff i can't be bothered replying to.

Anyway, 2 minutes is up, i should be able to get back on my server. (keep getting kicked for packet loss )
If you can't come up with a good response you can just say so. I won't hold it against you.

XRogerMellieX wrote:

Don't drive a ferrari in a mini-cooper race and expect people to think well of you.
Your analogy is flawed. The other people are also allowed to drive ferraris. In fact, the analogy goes like this:
There's an off-road rally race. Smart people drive off-road rally cars. People like you and Gene drive school-buses, then complain about all the people driving the right cars. Part of being a good driver is picking the right car. You CAN drive a shitty car to challenge yourself, but you CAN'T expect everybody else to do the same or give you a break. Understand?

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2007-01-27 17:43:27)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada

eagles1106 wrote:

Go ahead, keep using it, I'll still own you.
For the people saying "why is it noobish to use the best equipment?"  Maybe it isnt noobish, but you can get such more satisfaction of owning the guy who does knowing youre using the worst of the equipment.
Its true that you can get more satisfaction by choosing bad equipement, but at the other end, you get more kills with good equipement...

but anyway, as some have said before, its doesnt matter which gun you are using, the goal is to kill ennemies and thats how we have fun in this game.

And as said before, players on pub arent always noobs, im always on pubs, because Im not in a clan (dont want to adjust my schedule to include matchs, practices and dont want to pay for a server). Some other players like Bushviper is pretty good and has no clan too... so when you dont have to practice with stock weapons, why not take the best weapon, kill people, and have fun.. ? I personally rarely use the g36e because I play on SF, but Im against the ones who cry because of a gun...

I believe some guys (not everyone but some..) here only use stock weapons to enlarge their e-penis...

edit :

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Your analogy is flawed. The other people are also allowed to drive ferraris. In fact, the analogy goes like this:
There's an off-road rally race. Smart people drive off-road rally cars. People like you and Gene drive school-buses, then complain about all the people driving the right cars. Part of being a good driver is picking the right car. You CAN drive a shitty car to challenge yourself, but you CAN'T expect everybody else to do the same or give you a break. Understand?
True, dont complain about people who makes the best choice, because you want to have a challenge and feel good about yourself by choosing inferior equipment.

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-01-27 17:46:07)

XRogerMellieX
+8|6330

LaidBackNinja wrote:

There's an off-road rally race. Smart people drive off-road rally cars. People like you and Gene drive school-buses, then complain about all the people driving the right cars.
Oh I get it, you're one of them.... the internet intelligentsia.

You even have defenestrate in your title, [giggle]what does that mean?[/giggle].

Ahem, I agree, I see your point and your analogy is more correct.

I do note however that you ignore the part where I complain about being killed by the weapon and not the person. When/if you ever get good enough this will make more sense. Either that, or people who complain about the G36e are overly competitive and we get shitty when taken out by that weapon. Let's call it a David and Goliath complex.

stupid g36slingshot.
im_in_heaven
+27|6589

XRogerMellieX wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

A couple of days ago I went on an IO server and played for an hour or so using only the AT class, with the DAO-12. And I STILL owned. Does that make me pro? No, it doesn't. It makes me an IDIOT for going ANTI-TANK on an INFANTRY ONLY server. But I must admit it felt kinda fun, killing everybody with a weapon totally unfit for the situation.
AT and engi kits are great on IO, it's such a disrespectful way of killing people. But it is not an idiot thing to do.

Here's me as commander on an IO server the other day with the AT

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ … X/sraw.jpg

And a tip kids, on IO you don't need to command hidden somewhere out the back. There's no arty or vehicles and you can generally use your T rosette to lay UAV and supplies. Just make sure to look after the greater good and not your own sorry arse.

Oh, and genepool isn't a noob, he's a damned fine player. What we don't like is that the G36e is a handicap tool for noobs.

In a one on one firefight against a G36e where I lose, I've lost to the weapon NOT to the player.

It frustrates me to be someone elses trophy piece because of that. You want to kill me, EARN IT. You want gold medals and respect, EARN IT.

No you lost to the player holding the weapon. The gun doesnt shoot itself and doesnt aim itself.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

XRogerMellieX wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

There's an off-road rally race. Smart people drive off-road rally cars. People like you and Gene drive school-buses, then complain about all the people driving the right cars.
Oh I get it, you're one of them.... the internet intelligentsia.

You even have defenestrate in your title, [giggle]what does that mean?[/giggle].

Ahem, I agree, I see your point and your analogy is more correct.

I do note however that you ignore the part where I complain about being killed by the weapon and not the person. When/if you ever get good enough this will make more sense. Either that, or people who complain about the G36e are overly competitive and we get shitty when taken out by that weapon. Let's call it a David and Goliath complex.

stupid g36slingshot.
Defenestration: The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
I've got that because I think it is funny, but that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

About the part I ignored:
I refuse to complain about getting killed by the G36E for a couple of reasons.
1) it doesn't happen all that often
2) I would have to complain about jets, choppers, tanks, artillery and claymores before I even get to the annoyance of the G36E. All those have a bigger chance of killing me than the 36E, and get on my nerves more.
3) If someone shoots me with a G36E, he earned it. I should have seen him and shot him first . Serves me right for letting him shoot at me.
XRogerMellieX
+8|6330

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Defenestration: The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
I've got that because I think it is funny, but that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.
Yes, I knew that. I was more churlishly making fun of your use of big words. I learnt early on that the internet hates a smarty pants. Now I've refined my techniques to a lot of 'stfu' and 'hush noobfag'.

Overall, you don't get it. Frankly, you can't get it... not yet anyway. I promise I'm not trying to be rude but this argument is futile unless you've ever sat on my/our side of the fence.

Anyway, I do like your style, see you 'round the traps.

im_in_heaven wrote:

No you lost to the player holding the weapon. The gun doesnt shoot itself and doesnt aim itself.
You are seeing it literally. Think more philosophically.

Last edited by XRogerMellieX (2007-01-27 20:00:58)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

-=raska=- wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

True, dont complain about people who makes the best choice, because you want to have a challenge and feel good about yourself by choosing inferior equipment.
That's very true. However, then you shouldn't complain about the people who use the better cars. That's the problem with the people on these boards. They want the challenge but then when they're beaten by the easier method, they complain.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard