yes32%32% - 51
no38%38% - 62
wait until Iran does something worse28%28% - 46
Total: 159
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

Bertster7 wrote:

FUCK YOU, you stupid, arrogant, mindless, hate-mongering, paranoid, fuckwits.
You know, I may be wrong, but haven't a good chunk of Iranian people woken up everyday over the past 40 years saying "death to America?"
jonsimon
+224|6512

Bertster7 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

iamangry wrote:

The world isn't some fucking RPG, where if you have the "Nuke Shield" you are invulnerable to nukes.  No Poe, this is real life.  First off, America's missile shield isn't complete.  Second, neither the Iranians nor the North Koreans have intercontinental range missiles... yet.  Third, nukes can be delivered in many more ways than by missile.  Nukes can come in container ships, right up next to any major port city, and detonate before even being offloaded.  Nukes can come through our insecure borders.  Nukes could even be brought in by cargo plane.  It's not missiles I'm worried about, it's some crazy Hezbollah suicide trooper bringing a Nuke here and sending 100k of my people to their deaths in an instant.  It's a small world, made even smaller by modern transportation.  Think 10k miles is a lot?  BULLSHIT.  That's less than a day's travel time by plane, and only a couple weeks by boat.
How do you suggest someone could smuggle a lead box that big into the country wihout a corrupt customs to bribe? Uranium has to be transported in LEAD. Lots of LEAD. Lead is HEAVY. Not exactly incon-fucking-spicuous.
Can you imagine a country without corruption?
Which leads to the next point, why police the world when reforming a bureaucracy could possibly be more effective?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You know, I may be wrong, but haven't a good chunk of Iranian people woken up everyday over the past 40 years saying "death to America?"
You are indeed very wrong. Although I suppose it depends on what you consider a good chunk of Iranian people to be. The vast majority of Iranians (much like most other Middle Eastern states inhabitants) are perfectly normal people.

Although of course after years and years of animosity from the US, is it any suprise that some Iranians dislike the US? Especially with the number of droning, uneducated, American morons, with no idea how the world works, calling for the total destruction of Iran. Which is no better than the Iranians calling for the destruction of Israel, worse in fact, because the US stand some chance of following through with such an insane course of action.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You are indeed very wrong. Although I suppose it depends on what you consider a good chunk of Iranian people to be. The vast majority of Iranians (much like most other Middle Eastern states inhabitants) are perfectly normal people.
See, but the "normal" people do not have the power do they?
jonsimon
+224|6512

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Do they here? I cant think of an American politician that is a normal person.
You realize that Iran isn't like Iraq and actually have an army/weapons, where as Iraq had tanks that are made of like wood. It's going to be a lot harder to simply "invade Iran" without a full blown war.

@ usmarine2007:

Wow, for your age you seem incredibly childish. Having a Persian ancestry and having VISITED IRAN TWICE, I can tell you that the people there are not Allah Akbaring Psychopaths, who wish "death to America." I have family in Iran and lots of them are actually JEALOUS of America/Canada because of it's freedoms compared to the Islamic countries.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2007-01-27 08:54:20)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
Even if you do an airstrike to take out the reactors or whatever. Who's to say that Iran won't then get pissed off, Invade Afghanistan/Iraq or one of them and make the situation 10X worse? The rest would then get dragged into it and it'll no longer be an operation that the air force alone can handle.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Wow, for your age you seem incredibly childish. Having a Persian ancestry and having VISITED IRAN TWICE, I can tell you that the people there are not Allah Akbaring Psychopaths, who wish "death to America." I have family in Iran and lots of them are actually JEALOUS of America/Canada because of it's freedoms compared to the Islamic countries.
How does that make me childish?  Fuck you people and your goddamn talking down to people.  I have never been to Iran, just going off of what I see in news reports over the years.  You are fucking childish also for talking down to people.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

Having a Persian ancestry and having VISITED IRAN TWICE, I can tell you that the people there are not Allah Akbaring Psychopaths, who wish "death to America." I have family in Iran and lots of them are actually JEALOUS of America/Canada because of it's freedoms compared to the Islamic countries.
Well, according to some people on here, like Sergeriver and others, that makes you bias and therefore your opinion does not count.

P.S.  No, I do not agree with that assumption.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6469|UK
I don't agree with the making of nuclear weapons but how can we stop Iran atm with Iraq sucking all our forces and as for UN help its unlikely.

I do think that even though i don't want their to be anymore nuclear weapons around aren't we all being abit hypocritical having as many if not the most nuclear capabilities (UK and US) so i can see why they are building them i think the reason is so that they can be equal to us so its hard to say to them stop making them when we have so many. Yet i don't think that more nukes will help at the same time.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-01-27 09:11:06)

[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6512
If you invade/bomb Iran, say goodbye to your aircraft carrier..   easy target for iranian missiles.

Do you think that Israel will pay for the losses since you are doing all that to protect them?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

If you invade/bomb Iran, say goodbye to your aircraft carrier..   easy target for iranian missiles.
Sure like those missiles could get past a huge chain gun I doubt Iran has missiles capable of hitting a aircraft carrier.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

jonsimon wrote:

iamangry wrote:

The world isn't some fucking RPG, where if you have the "Nuke Shield" you are invulnerable to nukes.  No Poe, this is real life.  First off, America's missile shield isn't complete.  Second, neither the Iranians nor the North Koreans have intercontinental range missiles... yet.  Third, nukes can be delivered in many more ways than by missile.  Nukes can come in container ships, right up next to any major port city, and detonate before even being offloaded.  Nukes can come through our insecure borders.  Nukes could even be brought in by cargo plane.  It's not missiles I'm worried about, it's some crazy Hezbollah suicide trooper bringing a Nuke here and sending 100k of my people to their deaths in an instant.  It's a small world, made even smaller by modern transportation.  Think 10k miles is a lot?  BULLSHIT.  That's less than a day's travel time by plane, and only a couple weeks by boat.
How do you suggest someone could smuggle a lead box that big into the country wihout a corrupt customs to bribe? Uranium has to be transported in LEAD. Lots of LEAD. Lead is HEAVY. Not exactly incon-fucking-spicuous.
As he said, the nukes could just go off in a port... Any cargo ship could go past.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

As much as in virtually any other nation.
iamangry
+59|6662|The United States of America

jonsimon wrote:

iamangry wrote:

1. Put a nuke in a container.
2. Put that container on a ship.
3. Take the ship to an American port.
4. Detonate the nuke. 

Trust me buddy, I know about the types of containment required for the safe storage of a nuclear weapon.  Lead is not necessary, for shielding is commonly incorporated into the warhead (electronics would have to be hardened for radiation, which is a total BITCH to do if it weren't internally shielded).  Oh, and if you look at the cross section of the reaction of beta particles with lead, and the energy histogram with which beta particles are released from U235 you'll find that the amount of lead required is significant, but not debilitating to the relative mobility of a fission bomb.  A plutonium based fission bomb is different, but Iran isn't building those.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

iamangry wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

iamangry wrote:

1. Put a nuke in a container.
2. Put that container on a ship.
3. Take the ship to an American port.
4. Detonate the nuke. 

Trust me buddy, I know about the types of containment required for the safe storage of a nuclear weapon.  Lead is not necessary, for shielding is commonly incorporated into the warhead (electronics would have to be hardened for radiation, which is a total BITCH to do if it weren't internally shielded).  Oh, and if you look at the cross section of the reaction of beta particles with lead, and the energy histogram with which beta particles are released from U235 you'll find that the amount of lead required is significant, but not debilitating to the relative mobility of a fission bomb.  A plutonium based fission bomb is different, but Iran isn't building those.
"Iran isn't building those"?

There is no evidence whatsoever that Iran is pursuing any type of nuclear weaponry. It is all pure speculation. Nor are they even close to having any weapons grade material to use in a bomb. All indications thus far have been consistent with their claims that they are developing nuclear reactors for power.

Maintaining a UN inspection presence is certainly a sound course of action, but any action beyond that is totally uncalled for.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

Do you think that Israel will pay for the losses since you are doing all that to protect them?
Where in God's name do you get all the information you spew in this forum?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6462|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Do nothing to Iran, make the middle east, Asia, and Europe deal with the ME from now on.  It is their backyard and they wanted to put on their big boy pants and tell the US that WE are the enemy, so F them.

The 4 years and 500 Billion dollars that was spent on Iraq could have been better spent securing America, stopping illegal imigration, and developing alt. fuel sources.  that is over $500,000,000,000.  That is a shit ton of money and most likely the final figure will be double that.

Bankrupting America to protect Europe's back yard is not in the US's best intrest. Let Europe deal with it.
Looks like Spittle finally gets it. Amen.
The problem lies in the fact that Europe will NOT deal with it and everyone will suffer the consequences of letting these terrorist producing nations do their thing unchecked.

Fen321 wrote:

How does a tactical nuke in Iran save anyone other than yourself, whom isn't a target unless you first initiate some trouble?

Tasers and guns just don't cut it with analogies to nuclear weapons being used.
Iran isn’t a target unless WE initiate trouble?  Iran has initiated things quite nicely. They’re the ones building nuclear facilities for “civilian” use and developing their ability to launch rockets all the while publicly proclaiming they will wipe Israel off the map.  Those things occurring would suggest the nuclear site is not civilian in any way - especially when they refuse inspection by the UN.  Are you really advocating we wait until they’re capable of firing the weapons or even wait until AFTER they’ve fired them to attack?  I fail to understand how your position is safer. 

PS to everyone, I’m not advocating a nuclear pre-emptive strike - other means can be used to eliminate the nuclear facilities.  I'm sure if they use their nukes, we and our allies will respond in kind.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sure like those missiles could get past a huge chain gun I doubt Iran has missiles capable of hitting a aircraft carrier.
I agree that the ship defenses should take out the missile, but Iran does have anti-ship missiles.  Supposedly they have Exocet, Sunburn 22 and SS-NX-26 Yakhonts missiles along with C-802s - advanced versions of the Chinese YJ-82.
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6512

usmarine2007 wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

Where in God's name do you get all the information you spew in this forum?
Everywhere except Fox News 

The Yingji-82 or YJ-82 (Chinese: 鹰击-82, literally "Eagle Strike"; NATO reporting name: CSS-N-8 Saccade) is a Chinese anti-ship missile first unveiled in 1989 by the China Haiying Electro-Mechanical Technology Academy (CHETA), also known as the Third Academy. Since the Yingji-82 missile has a small radar reflectivity and is only about five to seven meters above the sea surface when it attacks the target, and since its guidance equipment has strong anti-jamming capability, target ships have a very low success rate in intercepting the missile. The hit probability of the Yingji-82 is estimated to be as high as 98 percent. The Yingji-82 can be launched from airplanes, surface ships, submarines and land-based vehicles, and has been considered along with the US Harpoon missile as among the best anti-ship missiles of its generation.[1] Its export name is the C-802.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-802
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio
You do know that carriers do not travel alone like an oil tanker right?  I believe a carrier group may have some countermeasures against attacks.
Fen321
+54|6514|Singularity

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Bro, just cause you watched some Youtube video of them saying that does not mean the entire country shares the same sentiment. I bet you didn't know that they rally some of those people and give them the equivalent to FOOD stamps for doing that shit, essentially they are getting paid to do it.  Its very sad i know, but its still not the entire population so PLEASE stop with the fear mongering....please. Analyze the actual threat people saying shit is NOT a threat otherwise if other countries were to base their threat level on this forum alone people all over the world would be shitting themselves at the kind of nuke them fuck them mentality that emanates from here sometimes.

Oh stingray, building Nuclear power plants and developing the ability to launch rockets is not a DIRECT threat to any other country, it may be come a threat at some point in the future but as it stands right now their president is catching heat from all the shit talking he did. This is not the kind of immediate situation we need to respond with an attack with sorry.

Last edited by Fen321 (2007-01-27 10:44:33)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

Fen321 wrote:

Analyze the actual threat people saying shit is NOT a threat otherwise if other countries were to base their threat level on this forum alone people all over the world would be shitting themselves at the kind of nuke them fuck them mentality that emanates from here sometimes.
Here are various views from various sources.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international … 58,00.html
"Men, women and children carried placards that read, "We still follow the ideals of the Islamic revolution," "Death to America" and "America cannot do a damn thing."

http://news.netscape.com/story/2006/11/ … st-in-iran
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9801/16/iran.us/index.html#2

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05037/453096.stm

"Feb. 6 is reserved for 'Death to America Day,' " said Foroutan, who had previously set aside today to watch the Super Bowl. This is somewhat in dispute. Other calendars have set Nov. 4 as Death to America Day. Still other calendars place it in early February, though not necessarily on the Sabbath."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_e … n_3-6.html
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6512

usmarine2007 wrote:

You do know that carriers do not travel alone like an oil tanker right?  I believe a carrier group may have some countermeasures against attacks.
Yep i know.. we can only speculate at this point but im pretty sure that Iran saw the american agression coming for several years now and they may have some little surprise for ya..   

Hoot (Persian: حوت - "Whale") is an Iranian torpedo that travels at approximately 360 km/h, several times faster than a conventional torpedo. It was test-fired successfully from a surface ship against a dummy submarine during the Iranian military exercise "Great Prophet" (Persian:(پيامبر اعظم(ص) on 2 April 2006 and 3 April 2006.

According to the official Iranian news agency IRNA, the torpedo was produced and developed by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (Persian: سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی). Some sources have speculated that it may be based on the Russian VA-111 Shkval Supercavitation torpedo, which travels at the same speed [1] [2] [3]. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov denied supplying Iran with the technology [4].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoot_%28missile%29

I'm just saying that if you guys want to save the world again, you should focus more on North Korea. Iran is not even close to have a nuclear weapon and will not attack your little friend ISRAEL anytime soon.
James-M-II
+13|6385|ENGLAND

You realize that Iran isn't like Iraq and actually have an army/weapons, where as Iraq had tanks that are made of like wood. It's going to be a lot harder to simply "invade Iran" without a full blown war.

@ usmarine2007:

yeah right good one. people say... dont sterotype, but how can i not? when anytime i see them... theyre always in the streets burning american flags.... shouting alalalalala and shooting ak-47's. thats the imagine i get... what else am i suppost to think. leave usmarine2007 alone, i think hes right. its all you left wing pinkos
that say, no dont make war... but as soon as something bad happens its... wheres the army? i hate you tree hugging middle eastern sympathisers. if you like it to much go live there jeez. next thing you know youll be strapped with c4 weilding an ak-47 shouting die infidels
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6512

James-M-II wrote:

@ usmarine2007:

yeah right good one. people say... dont sterotype, but how can i not? when anytime i see them... theyre always in the streets burning american flags.... shouting alalalalala and shooting ak-47's. thats the imagine i get... what else am i suppost to think. leave usmarine2007 alone, i think hes right. its all you left wing pinkos
that say, no dont make war... but as soon as something bad happens its... wheres the army? i hate you tree hugging middle eastern sympathisers. if you like it to much go live there jeez. next thing you know youll be strapped with c4 weilding an ak-47 shouting die infidels
thats the biggest problem in the USA.. people beleive all they see on their TV..  Iran is a civilized country.. and nobody is walking around in the street shouting alalala while firing in the air with their AK.  yes they do that in palestine and now in Iraq but only because America/Israel have destroyed their country and their lives.

I would do the same thing if a foreign power came in my country to tell me who my leaders should be and how to live my life.   alalalalala

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard