Poll

Invade Iran

yes32%32% - 51
no38%38% - 62
wait until Iran does something worse28%28% - 46
Total: 159
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut
Iran is being naughty so what should we do? Do we put the foot down now through negotiation or even force? Or do we sit back and let them build up nuclear arms while the world is preoccupied with Iraq? Discuss.
Malloy must go
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
dont get me wrong, if we werent in Iraq right now, i would say yes, but my fear, espcially knowing the capability of Iran, is a draft.  I dont know.  Its messy...but you are so right, Iran is being very naughty.

What happened to the days when you could just lay them over your knee and smack their fanny a couple times.

....i miss those days.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
Invade Iran with what?

The UK forces are stretched to breaking point at the moment anyway.

Time for the UN to do something about it, including all main member states, before Israel takes action into its own hands and opens an hornets nest.
deeznutz1245
+483|6494|Connecticut
The question is, doeas the rest of the world feel more threatened by Iran than they did Iraq? And would they help with any military force on a larger scale than in Iraq? If so we would not need a draft, not that I think we need one anyway.
Malloy must go
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
im not sayin i think we need a draft.  I just have a gut feeling that if we did happen to invade Iran, there would have to be one....i just dont think we have enough troops to be doing what we are doin in Iraq in Iran.  I would hope the UN would step in, and other countries would step up...but, do you honestly believe they will.  Probably not.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651
If we invade Iran another huge mess will be created similar to Iraq. If an invasion did happen it would have to be with full support from the UN and based on atleast a year of planning.
deeznutz1245
+483|6494|Connecticut
Thats what I dont know, I think the rest of the world views Iran as a  legitimate threat, but is waiting for the Uk and the US. Im not sure.
Malloy must go
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden

deeznutz1245 wrote:

The question is, doeas the rest of the world feel more threatened by Iran than they did Iraq? And would they help with any military force on a larger scale than in Iraq? If so we would not need a draft, not that I think we need one anyway.
Actually I've never felt threatened of any of those countries. Not even when Saddam was at his worst mood. But then again, my country never did anything to annoy them either........
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Thats what I dont know, I think the rest of the world views Iran as a  legitimate threat, but is waiting for the Uk and the US. Im not sure.
fair enough, i think your on the right track.  I think the world does see Iran as a threat...how could you not, the guy is like another hitler.  He even has Christians and Jews walkin around with some sort of identification so people know.  Also with all this bull he is pullin with nuclear stuff...I dont know, something needs to be done.  Its just i dont think now is the right time.  Like stated above, this needs to be planned out completely, no holes, no hickups. 

Another thing, the UN just needs to freakin do something for once.  Like oh i dont know, take control of Iran.

klassekock wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Actually I've never felt threatened of any of those countries. Not even when Saddam was at his worst mood. But then again, my country never did anything to annoy them either........
oh you will be the death of me...lol...yea, how could anyone be pissed at you with women like that in your country.  I do not have one negative view of your country, i hear nothing but good things.  Volvo's and Gorgeous women...naa you have my approval. lol

Last edited by siciliano732 (2007-01-26 08:54:10)

klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden
Actually I would worry a bit more about North Korea if I were you. They're really up to no good!
samfink
+31|6557
perosnbally, i thinkmilitayr action might well be nesseacary. BUT, first, you would need people already lined up to take control of the iranian government (i.e. line up a new president, PM, etc) AND plan exactly whta you are going to do ( topple the irnaian government? destory all of irans'erichment capacity?) then dedicate enough troops for the job t be able to a) do the job,defeat any defending forces militarily b) SECURE THE CONQUERED AREA AGAINST LOOTING AND ARMS BEING AQUIRED. why? so that any attempted insurgency can't arm itself. an insurgency wihtout arms can be dealt with easily. if you can install a new government to take control of everyhting quickly, and secure the country aganst ANY arms being brought in exceot for yuorselves and any loyal troops, thne an insurgency will not occur.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
thats another one....North Korea and Iran....we invade them, and still have hand in Iraq and Afganistan....get ready youngins....Recruiters phones will be ringing off the hook.  THE DRAFT IS COMIN BOYS! lol

...God i hope not.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6488|Latvia
Invade Iran? I wonder what would China and Russia say to that..
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden

samfink wrote:

perosnbally, i thinkmilitayr action might well be nesseacary. BUT, first, you would need people already lined up to take control of the iranian government (i.e. line up a new president, PM, etc) AND plan exactly whta you are going to do ( topple the irnaian government? destory all of irans'erichment capacity?) then dedicate enough troops for the job t be able to a) do the job,defeat any defending forces militarily b) SECURE THE CONQUERED AREA AGAINST LOOTING AND ARMS BEING AQUIRED. why? so that any attempted insurgency can't arm itself. an insurgency wihtout arms can be dealt with easily. if you can install a new government to take control of everyhting quickly, and secure the country aganst ANY arms being brought in exceot for yuorselves and any loyal troops, thne an insurgency will not occur.
There will always exist people who are more than pissed off because someone invades their counttry and tell them how to live and think. if you keep trying to control pople like that there will always be insurgents. They will fight with clubs and rocks if they have to.

Just put yourself in their position. What would you do if Canada invaded USA and said: " now we are going to have communism and the official language will be french"

I bet my ass you would go insurgent.........

Last edited by klassekock (2007-01-26 09:14:26)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

An invasion, no. You don't have to invade to use military force anyways. I think sanctions would go pretty far in my opinion. Iran's economy is already volatile and the people are already showing signs of discontent. Moving another carrier into the region was probably nothing more than psychological warfare.

Something you should also think about. Iran's greatest asset is also it's greatest weakness, oil. They are the second largest importer of gas. They lack the ability to be able to refine it to the degree they need to. It also cost Iran much more to pull their oil out of the ground, nearly 9 times what it cost the Saudi's . Any negative price drop affects Iran more severely and the Saudi's know and exploit this. They don't necessarily do this to help the US, it is just a by product. The economy of Iran is not all the great right now as it is anyways. Unemployment is at 11 percent and inflation is nearly 50 percent. Sever sanctions would cost the Iranian's billions and severely destabilize it. This would make Nuclear weapons and satellites a non priority.

In November Cheney flew to Saudi Arabia to discuss "Regional issues". I'm willing to bet it had to do with Iran and oil. Both Cheney and the Saudi's are very familiar with the Oil bussiness. It is not in Saudi Arabia's best interest for Iran to have a larger sphere of influence in the Middle East. They can already see the pro Saudi government in Lebanon being challenged by Hezzbollah. Iran and the Saudi's may already be fighting a proxy war.

Also, there are only three countries that have the parts Iran needs to get the oil of of the ground. Canada, Japan, and the US. The US has already went to Japan and asked them not to sell them the parts. We have the capabilities to squeeze Iran at both ends with our allies.

I say all this to try and show you that military force is not always necessary to achieve your goals. Diplomacy can work wonders and should always be considered before we put our soldiers in front of a bullet.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-26 09:58:06)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

BALTINS wrote:

Invade Iran? I wonder what would China and Russia say to that..
yeah Russia, wont invade them since they are like the second or 3rd largest weapon supplier, so its up to U.S. to invade it with Britain which is going to cost more lives which is unworthy.  Its easy to tell people we should go invade this country or that country when other people are doing the dirty work if they die its oh well to u, u did not lose anything. Would you as the guy who posted the thread go to Iran for U.S. and die if needed?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6647
The pressure is already on. The USS John C. Stennis was just sent to the Persian Gulf to keep an eye on Iran.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l … nis04.html
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
that is the dumbest idea ive heard in quite some time.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6656|United States of America
Do nothing to Iran, make the middle east, Asia, and Europe deal with the ME from now on.  It is their backyard and they wanted to put on their big boy pants and tell the US that WE are the enemy, so F them.

The 4 years and 500 Billion dollars that was spent on Iraq could have been better spent securing America, stopping illegal imigration, and developing alt. fuel sources.  that is over $500,000,000,000.  That is a shit ton of money and most likely the final figure will be double that.

Bankrupting America to protect Europe's back yard is not in the US's best intrest. Let Europe deal with it.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6657|Lancaster Ohio, USA

klassekock wrote:

Actually I would worry a bit more about North Korea if I were you. They're really up to no good!
Actually I think North Korea has stabilized a bit, once they set off their bomb and revealed to the world they were a nuclear power it forced them to sit at the table with the "big boys" if you will, all of the other nations with nuclear weapons. Old Kim Jong Ill, or however you spell his name, realized that things have now changed and he seems to be somewhat stable now. On the subject of North Korea selling nukes as weapons, they know if they do and the buyer then uses the weapons, they will be able to track that weapon back to North Korea, and if it comes out they did sell the weapon they will be in a shit heap of trouble, and that's a scenario that Lil' Kim's not willing to have occur. That's just my take on the situation. Now if Iran decided to sell a bomb, well let's just hope things never get that far, cause I have no doubt that the nut job of a leader would stop a sale like that, he thinks that he has some power in the region for some unknown reason and he's just trying to take advantage of it, like a dog rattling it's cage. I think that someone, U.S., U.K., U.N. needs to step in and do something about them before the shit really hits the fan.
herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus

Major_Spittle wrote:

Do nothing to Iran, make the middle east, Asia, and Europe deal with the ME from now on.  It is their backyard and they wanted to put on their big boy pants and tell the US that WE are the enemy, so F them.

The 4 years and 500 Billion dollars that was spent on Iraq could have been better spent securing America, stopping illegal imigration, and developing alt. fuel sources.  that is over $500,000,000,000.  That is a shit ton of money and most likely the final figure will be double that.

Bankrupting America to protect Europe's back yard is not in the US's best intrest. Let Europe deal with it.
you mean bankrupt America to protect Israel`s back yard
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Major_Spittle wrote:

Looks like Spittle finally gets it. Amen.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio
I think the UN should require Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and a few others to handle Iran and enforce UN resolutions.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

usmarine2007 wrote:

I think the UN should require Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and a few others to handle Iran and enforce UN resolutions.
Quite frankly - I don't want to have a fucking thing to do with them. They ain't threatening Ireland. They even have a street named after Bobby Sands in downtown Tehran.

Now all of a sudden you play the UN card? The UN is a joke - you said so yourself I can bet in some other thread.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Quite frankly - I don't want to have a fucking thing to do with them. They ain't threatening Ireland. They even have a street named after Bobby Sands in downtown Tehran.

Now all of a sudden you play the UN card? The UN is a joke - you said so yourself I can bet in some other thread.
I would like to see other countries DO something instead of bitch bitch bitch about the way the US handles things.  SHOW us how it is done then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard