*=SAS=*Fearosius
+5|6293|Australia
Its always the USMC vs the rest, and its getting tiring, it would be different to try a MEC vs PLA map, perhaps an Urban map, post your thoughts!
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6619|The Netherlands
thats not realistic
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6480|Gogledd Cymru

try inf only 16 plyr dalian plant using the pla support, it rocks
PluggedValve
+17|6330
Its not a war without the US!!  JK!!  I would like to see it also.  Not for realism, cause the game isn't at all real anyway, just different scenarios.
MrE`158
+103|6614
Well, I don't remember anything saying that the MEC and PLA are allied or anything (like the way the USA and EU are), so it wouldn't be completely off the wall.  A MEC vs. PLA city map would be nice, perhaps they have a little skirmish over a fuel dump or something, like the Spetznaz/SAS scrap in Ghost Town, which is just a grab for some sensitive documents in the ruined convoy at the centre, it's not a case of the UK and Russia actually officially at war.

Of course, the odds of another map being added to BF2 are pretty low, but if it were to happen, I'd be all for MEC Vs PLA (cause it hasn't happened yet), and making it a city map, cause the Chinese could do with one.
JaggedPanther
+61|6464

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

thats not realistic
Why not?

I mean It's not actually US vs the world except if you're living in the US. There is india vs pakistan, China vs Japan, Iraq vs Iran, Russia vs Afganistan, etc, etc
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

Because noone would understand anything ... dates and boiled rolls? I think not.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-01-26 14:53:06)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6777|Bulgaria
I would LOVE to see a MEC vs PLA map - that's what the game really needs!
It's always USA vs someone. I see why EA did this - they targeted the US market, they thought that US gamers would like to ALWAYS have the USA as one of the sides in a battle... but that still sux!
I WANT a MEC vs PLA map!!!!!!!!!!!1
ozzie_johnson
+98|6648|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

thats not realistic
since when is bf2 realistic
too_money2007
+145|6299|Keller, Tx
I think that part of the problem is that the US fights the MEC and PLA on totally different sides of the world. PLA in western Asia and MEC in the middle east. What would PLA forces, or MEC, be doing so far outside of their regions? Doesn't make sense within the game, but still, it would be fun.

Maybe something like a US base between the two regions has been vacated and the PLA and MEC fight for control of it.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6585|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
PLA v MEC would be awesome. city map definatly, would be fucking epic.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6393|Alberta, Canada

ozzie_johnson wrote:

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

thats not realistic
since when is bf2 realistic
QFT.

But I totally agree with MEC vs China.
The_Jester
+52|6481|Italy
I have read somewhere MEC and PLA are allies.

And in Armored Fury they attack the USA at the same time on 2 different fronts. So yeah, I think they are friends.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It's always USA vs. everyone else I guess.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6650|H3ITWP
yea PLA vs. MEC would be pretty cool

it would be cool-not possible-but cool if the country list was expanded,than different armys on the same map.
so if you wanted to you could join a server that does a rotation of different armys
imagine karkand with SAS vs. PLA
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6426|UK
PLA & MEC are seen as neutrals

thats why there isnt a MEC vs PLA
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6339|Belfast
the PLA and MEC are friends!
there is a mod where pla face mec
cant remember the name tho......
go to tbf2 its there!
J4ck.P0tt
dong-ma?
+8|6365|Berlin

JaggedPanther wrote:

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

thats not realistic
Why not?

I mean It's not actually US vs the world except if you're living in the US. There is india vs pakistan, China vs Japan, Iraq vs Iran, Russia vs Afganistan, etc, etc
Well, except for China vs Japan - I'd need to check but can't be arsed - whenever there's a war  between nations, one side always bears the "sponsored by Uncle Sam" logo...
*=SAS=*Fearosius
+5|6293|Australia

too_money2007 wrote:

I think that part of the problem is that the US fights the MEC and PLA on totally different sides of the world. PLA in western Asia and MEC in the middle east. What would PLA forces, or MEC, be doing so far outside of their regions? Doesn't make sense within the game, but still, it would be fun.

Maybe something like a US base between the two regions has been vacated and the PLA and MEC fight for control of it.
Oi, Jalalabad is near the northern border of Pakistan, so lets just PLA invaded Northern Pakistan and are heading onto Kabul or something.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
Japan and Germany were not allies really, but they both fought the US in WWII, and they never fought each other.
Reciprocity
+721|6571|the dank(super) side of Oregon
because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
ethrion
+25|6384|Hong Kong @ the moment
It wont happen but I think itd be fun to have the 2 sides changeable for any map. It would totally rejuvinate enthusiam in some maps. For example PLA vs. SAS in Karkand with the PLA attacking.
Smitty5613
+46|6517|Middle of nowhere, California
maybe Chinese are racist agains Arabians, so they started a war between themselves
too_money2007
+145|6299|Keller, Tx
I've said it before, it would be cool.

Example:

The US vacates a base in between PLA and MEC territory and they both have to fight it out to gain control. The base the US leaves could be anything, city or air or both. Makes complete sense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard