joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6595|Cheshire. UK
I was playing 2142 last night after reinstalling.....running around on Titan mode as you do....thinking this is easy where is everyone!!

Well our commander plus one other "no names no pack drill" was away to the side with 2 enemy doing the old stat padding....( not reporting it as nothing ever seems to get done)

anyway it was the knife revive pistol revive stuff going on.....

I asked why they were doing it and was promply despached to the soldiers graveyard in the sky by my own commander!

So spawn on Titan get in gunship kill all 4 happy revenge is sweet...

Anyway the point is that the ranks were Major Silver, Lieutenant Colonel Gold, Colonel Gold, Field Commissar Silver.

I just cant get my head around why ranks make people foresake the enjoyment of a game to do repetative actions to gain rank points etc

...surely it called a game for a reason and its supposed to be fun...maybe I'm missing something here??

Last edited by joker3327 (2007-01-26 03:56:15)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6753|Hell, p.o box 666

enlarge your epenis maybe? I bet.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

compulsion ... I just wanted to get the unlocks and get a sense of completion ... which will vanish when the booster pack comes out.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-01-26 03:58:10)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6477|Purdue
So they can feel good about their selves because they are a higher rank than a 7 year old kid in Texas.
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6459
I don't play BF2142 but I think its the same as in BF2
They want to get som respect from other players..
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340

Sl4y3r wrote:

enlarge your epenis maybe? I bet.
Foa shizzle! I love my ePenis! Going to make him bigger shortly...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6753|Hell, p.o box 666

u Rz t3h g4n5t4?... Have fun enlarging it...
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6652|UK
same as above x3 i just wanted to get all the un-locks, didnt pad, but i did get a few ribbons and badges twice due to bad programing on EAs behlaf, padding sucks, but glitching can sometimes be fun
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6595|Cheshire. UK

Sl4y3r wrote:

thats a loverrrly big pink one!!!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6595|Cheshire. UK

jsnipy wrote:

compulsion ... I just wanted to get the unlocks and get a sense of completion ... which will vanish when the booster pack comes out.
yeah but I bet you put the time and effort in without Padding
Bernadictus
+1,055|6733

joker3327 wrote:

Sl4y3r wrote:

I madez it!

And about rank. Some people are obsessed with achieving Brigadier General, but once you have hit the 57700 you don't care about the points anymore
Sisco
+493|6340

Bernadictus wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

Sl4y3r wrote:

I madez it!

And about rank. Some people are obsessed with achieving Brigadier General, but once you have hit the 57700 you don't care about the points anymore
And what do you do, when you reached that line? I don´t want to quit playing, but without me precious stats, and awards, and KDR, and SPM and hell you know the rest .
Magius5.0
+106|6378|UMass Amherst
Stats= ePenis...
ePenis=iPenis...
iPenis=iPod...WTF?

OMFG!  I have solved it!  It's all a subliminal ploy by fucking Mac users to screw us PC users and waste our time!  I must hide, for I know teh 7ru7h!!

...But I love knowing how many n00bs I've beat down on in 2142 with my 'superior' rank of Brigadier General.
Drexel
+43|6473|Philadelphia
I find that most of the players with high ranks have stat padded a ton to get there.  They cannot get the points the normal, honorable way, so they do the next best thing.  Sit there and click 2 buttons over and over again.  Now, whenever I spot one of these higher ranking players in game, I watch them... Most of the time, they're more terrible than these Privates running around.  They are so terrible that they have to do these sorts of things so that they can get a higher rank than everyone else.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6692|UK

Drexel wrote:

I find that most of the players with high ranks have stat padded a ton to get there.  They cannot get the points the normal, honorable way, so they do the next best thing.  Sit there and click 2 buttons over and over again.  Now, whenever I spot one of these higher ranking players in game, I watch them... Most of the time, they're more terrible than these Privates running around.  They are so terrible that they have to do these sorts of things so that they can get a higher rank than everyone else.
wot game r u playing?
Jackabo
+127|6555|Dublin, Ireland
ye its stupid. If i see someone with a high rank i usually check their stats. And the first think i look for is their highest round in berlin or karkand if bf2!
Zefar
+116|6646|Sweden
Me, my twin brother and one of my friends havn't stat padded once and we gotten pretty high pretty quick. Though I have taken a break as I want to play Northen Strike Beta. My brother got in so we are just waiting for it.

My brother is like one rank away from highest rank and I'm like 3 ranks away or something. Don't care about ranks but my unluck and pissing people off on the server. :3

Anyway, there are some reason why they do it.

1: They did it once before and just don't have the will to play normally.
2: They suck.
3: They think their Stats means skill. Well if you play legally you will have skill. Statpadding all the way to top = noob lvling.
4: They suck even more.

Those are some of the reason I can think of.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6531|Valhalla
I don't know why people feel they need to stat pad in 2142 its not exactly hard to get up to General with all the pins/badges equaling points hell if i could do it...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
Ranks = unlocks. That's how I see it. Alot of people dislike stats but I think it makes the game more interesting, as you need to make yoursefl better. It is also a good deternt of TKing because no one wants to lose points if points can get you an anti-tank rifle.
panderiz
+32|6763
Rank mean nothing, end of story

Majority of players with high ranks have pathetic kdr's etc.

Not to say stats mean a whole lot either, it's a matter of in-game awareness and a little bit of ability.  Squad work is key
Zukabazuka
+23|6682
In BF2 it took me about 350h and havn't made an new account took a whole year to get to 53000 points.
In BF2142 I have played about 170h wich was under a month or more and only is about 1000points away from the last rank. Heard people managed it on a much lower time than me then.

But most brig generals I meet are better than the lower ones but damn they are good with voss almost too good, I'm not part of the best but I do know what the hell I'm doing and what to do.

If people get scared of that you only get 1 point for kill and revive, check out the gold badges and silver they sure are gonna bring some damn points for you.
Commando
+8|6598
I print out screenshots of my stats and wank over them before bed
Sisco
+493|6340
I often observe highrank players getting pwnt by some "n00b" lowranked one´s, especially in titan mode. Once the shields are down, all of those captains and generals go defending, cause you gather more points. All the lowranked players are way more mobile, taking silos and assaulting, cause they havn´t figured out how to rack up lots of points yet. I guess.
Conquest the same. The highrankees don't move around much to flank the enemy or take a flag behind the front, cause they don't get points not engaging enemies of any kind.
They spawn at the flag closest to the enemy, rush straight into his direction, kill a few, revive, heal, rearm, get themselves killed and do it all over again.

They take a defeat over a few points less in the round. Pathetic.
Afrika_18
+26|6539
For me, I do it for the same reason I finish inane quests in games like Oblivion or NWN, just to get more stuff or go up a level.  As far as comparing myself to other players by rank....I already know I suck so I try to stay away from that.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6385|New York
it's a two way street here. i agree, some higher ranked players just plain suck, and you can tell this by how many points they have at the end of the round, as well as their kdr by the end. on the other hand, i find that a good deal of higher ranked players are better than me. then again, some lower rankers are worse and better as well. i think it really depends on the person. i personally try to aid my team as much as possible and get lots of points that way (i'm at least in the top five on my side 95% of the time). i know i'm not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but i think i do ok.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard