thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
Did anybody notice that iron gator seems to have a bit more realism than other maps? I think the barret kills in one shot, and the rockets have more splash damage.
ryanv12
+10|6334|San Francisco, CA, USA
Well, nothing kills in one shot unless it's to the head of course....the weapons aren't changed. However, the SF helicopter rockets do more splash damage, yes. I actually like that, because now the pilot can mow down infantry more effectively
thtthht
maximum bullshit

ryanv12 wrote:

Well, nothing kills in one shot unless it's to the head of course....the weapons aren't changed. However, the SF helicopter rockets do more splash damage, yes. I actually like that, because now the pilot can mow down infantry more effectively
Yes, but I mean one headshot instakill with the barret, not critically wounded.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6636

one headshot is always an instant kill with any sniper rifle
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
the stairs become very real
thtthht
maximum bullshit

Omnideath wrote:

No, it is usually critically wounded, but in iron gator, there is no revive time, but just instant death, unlike other maps. Plus, the at rockets seems to have more splash damage.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

Omnideath wrote:

Physicscheck: in BF2 its "critically wounded".
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.

thtthht wrote:

Omnideath wrote:

No, it is usually critically wounded, but in iron gator, there is no revive time, but just instant death, unlike other maps. Plus, the at rockets seems to have more splash damage.
The weapons are exactly the same as the other maps. Sniper rifles don't just instantly kill with a headshot, they become critically wounded. The AT gun doesn't have more splash damage. They would not change this stuff just for one map.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

Never noticed any difference in any of the weapons what-so-ever in my 180 hours on Gator.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Does it really matter? Just go and play the game for God's sake.
Leonnoe1
+2|6717
No, it doesn't have more realism. The M95 is still a two torso shot kill. The F-18s should not be on the Essex as they cannot take off from it. There should be a LAV in the Wet Deck. There are tons of errors with it. So no, Realism + Iron Gator = Fail. This has already been touched on several times.
ryanv12

Leonnoe1 wrote:

No, it doesn't have more realism. The M95 is still a two torso shot kill. The F-18s should not be on the Essex as they cannot take off from it. There should be a LAV in the Wet Deck. There are tons of errors with it. So no, Realism + Iron Gator = Fail. This has already been touched on several times.
Ha, yeah the first time I noticed the F-18s, I was like, "oh no...what are you guys thinking!"

I guess I justify it to myself as saying that the Essex is ferrying aircraft to a land base so that I don't get annoyed by the blatant lack of knowledge on this one. They probably should have put F-35's and some helicopters.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6623|New Hampshire, USA

Kamikaze17 wrote:

thtthht wrote:

Omnideath wrote:

The weapons are exactly the same as the other maps. Sniper rifles don't just instantly kill with a headshot, they become critically wounded. The AT gun doesn't have more splash damage. They would not change this stuff just for one map.
Well then i must be the luckiest guy alive cause mys super sniper rifles kill people when they're shot in the head.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6642|Keyboard

ryan_14 wrote:

Does it really matter? Just go and play the game for God's sake.
NO, STFU
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6642|Keyboard

Kamikaze17 wrote:

thtthht wrote:

Omnideath wrote:

A headshot with sniper rifle = kill
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6646|Westminster, Colorado
I think what he is getting at is that in vanilla you can snipe someone with the M95 and not have them be "killed", but only "critically wounded" (able to be revived).  I think in all SF maps that if you are hit with an M95 to the head you are not able to be revived.
l41e
+677|6640

Er...there's only one M95 for BF2 and SF in the files...
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.

Yaocelotl wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

thtthht wrote:

A headshot with sniper rifle = kill
I know that means you get a kill. I am saying that the person you shot does not get "killed" they get "critically wounded."
JaggedPanther
+61|6466
Yeah some ppl are confusing between the ability to get revived or not (killed vs critially wounded). I have been critically wounded in Iron Gator with sniper rifle headshots, so I don't notice a difference.

I also snipe between the hanger bay aft and hanger bay fore. I have seen my victims be revived after a headshot.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-01-26 16:27:58)

obstacle02
+3|6508

Leonnoe1 wrote:

There should be a LAV in the Wet Deck.
that'd be awesome if that were the case
ryanv12

obstacle02 wrote:

Leonnoe1 wrote:

The SEAL team has enough advantages to begin with. But then again, if we're talking realism here, the MECSF should have no way of getting on that carrier to begin with...
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

thtthht wrote:

Well then i must be the luckiest guy alive cause mys super sniper rifles kill people when they're shot in the head.
same
el capitan
+11|6523

Leonnoe1 wrote:

Although there is a bug. That's not the essex.
Leonnoe1
+2|6717
At least they got the number right.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= … n%26sa%3DG
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6341|Belfast

ryanv12 wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Leonnoe1 wrote:

The SEAL team has enough advantages to begin with. But then again, if we're talking realism here, the MECSF should have no way of getting on that carrier to begin with...
hm
yes
how bout more AA things?
there is only 1 and it can strike the HIND as it is taking off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard