Ice Cold Killa
+26|6463|Perth, W.A, Australia.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ahem........NO RIFLE IN THE WORLD WILL FIRE WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY MAINTAINED.  if you stick an Ak into a sloppy puddle of mud, all your gonna hear is click clak....the sound of being embarrassed.  I have yet to see proof to that stupid adage.  the AK is user friendly, ill give you that.  but ill take my M16 ANY FRIGGING DAY over the kalishnikov family.
A version of the G36* has been fired 24000 times without being cleaned. So lets say 1 rifle in the world will fire without being properly maintained. Hopefully we can add to the list.
Umm, so that was in a real-world environment, right? No. But good try man.
Yes it was in the real world im sure spray would give links but it came up in another discussion. /fail
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6700|Colorado Springs, CO

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i cant speak for things that I havent held and fired or seen in action in person.  was it fucking dropped and soaked in the mud or was in a sterile observed environment?
I too would like a link.
seriously, anybody who doesnt take care of their tool of war deserves to end up at the bad end of some iron sights
Ummm....i'm pretty sure after firing 24,000 rounds any weapon would have a "substantial" amount of carbon buildup. I smell bullshit.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6506|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

arabeater wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

I too would like a link.
seriously, anybody who doesnt take care of their tool of war deserves to end up at the bad end of some iron sights
Ummm....i'm pretty sure after firing 24,000 rounds any weapon would have a "substantial" amount of carbon buildup. I smell bullshit.
No I have seen tests like this before, its not mag fed what the do is feed it linked. They lay the link out on a long ass tarp and the don't even pull the trigger they have a lever do that.

Don't get me wrong the G-36 is a awsome weapon, But under tests a weapon can fire a whole shit load before they jam. Real life= a whole lot different
ts-pulsar
+54|6522

SgtHeihn wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

im sure of that.  but special operations are not cinsidered conventional forces
Missed that sorry.
The M16A3 has a removable carrying handle and the standard hand guards off the A2. I have only seen a couple of them, they are not in widespread service
I believe the M16A3 is also full auto, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Oh, and for continuous test fires, I think this is more impressive than 24,000 rounds with out cleaning (which is easily possible if you use clean burning ammo in just about any military weapon).

I actually passed up a job to work for the company building these.
Commie Killer
+192|6406

ts-pulsar wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Missed that sorry.
The M16A3 has a removable carrying handle and the standard hand guards off the A2. I have only seen a couple of them, they are not in widespread service

Oh, and for continuous test fires, I think this is more impressive than 24,000 rounds with out cleaning (which is easily possible if you use clean burning ammo in just about any military weapon).

M16A3's are full auto capable, and HOLY SHIT, thats the best Ive ever seen a single barreled weapon do that is not water cooled, amazed the barrel didnt turn red.
l41e
+677|6668

Commie Killer wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

M16A3's are full auto capable, and HOLY SHIT, thats the best Ive ever seen a single barreled weapon do that is not water cooled, amazed the barrel didnt turn red.
Stellite FTW
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker
That's a lot of lead going downrange.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6709|Fort Lewis WA

Elamdri wrote:

Of course the M240 rocks.

My grandfather carried the the BAR when he was in the Marines in Korea, and what do you think the M240 is based off of?
Its based off the MG42 actually.
Just like all modern mchine guns...the MG42 led the, and now every maching gun is based off the MG42.  Not to mention the fact the 240 is designed by a belgins.  (Fabrique National, Herstal)
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6709|Fort Lewis WA

usmarine2007 wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

My grandfather carried the the BAR when he was in the Marines in Korea, and what do you think the M240 is based off of?
I remember when they introduced the M240 to us, it was replacing the M-60.  I thought that was a huge mistake.  They should have kept the M-60 and got rid of the M-249.
The m249 is great, i was a SAW gunner for 2 years, the only jams I had with it was with blanks.
Live firing it is no problem either ( got my bronze star for shooting over 800 rounds at 7 pax shooting mrtars at us, at night 600 meters away i got them all, they found 13 mortars and 5 rockets that were getting prepped to be fired And for the record that was Iron sights and no IR aiming laser.)   I see the new Para-SAW, and I think "damn thats a small LMG..." I guess the moral to the story is take care of your equipment.

As for M4/M16 jams? I have not had one yet in Iraq.  I use strike hold, to clean it, and I properly use Mili-tec to lube it.  2nd YEAR long tour.  Marines migth be able to say they are on they're 4th tour but thats equal to 2, 1 year stints.  As for the 9mm I truely believe it needs to go away we shoulkd at least be using a .40.
Commie Killer
+192|6406

CannonFodder11b wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

I remember when they introduced the M240 to us, it was replacing the M-60.  I thought that was a huge mistake.  They should have kept the M-60 and got rid of the M-249.
The m249 is great, i was a SAW gunner for 2 years, the only jams I had with it was with blanks.
Live firing it is no problem either ( got my bronze star for shooting over 800 rounds at 7 pax shooting mrtars at us, at night 600 meters away i got them all, they found 13 mortars and 5 rockets that were getting prepped to be fired And for the record that was Iron sights and no IR aiming laser.)   I see the new Para-SAW, and I think "damn thats a small LMG..." I guess the moral to the story is take care of your equipment.

As for M4/M16 jams? I have not had one yet in Iraq.  I use strike hold, to clean it, and I properly use Mili-tec to lube it.  2nd YEAR long tour.  Marines migth be able to say they are on they're 4th tour but thats equal to 2, 1 year stints.  As for the 9mm I truely believe it needs to go away we shoulkd at least be using a .40.
Exactly, the problem isnt jamming, as long as you take care of your weapon you dont need to worry about it, the problem is the stopping power of the 5.56 NATO round. As others have said before I believe we should go to a 6.8mm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard