infinity101
+5|6578

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

You will enjoy it. Don't be afraid of the learning curve. You will get the snot beat out of you at first.
why do you people say that the game is hard?

im not a superb player, and i didnt have any problems switching to PR

i find the guns more to my liking (more accurate, and more damaging, as it should be) so it is easier to kill people with them -> easier game

you just have to not get shot, and that is the same with both BF and PR
but in PR all people have smoke, so it helps you hide, while smoke is SOOOO rare in BF
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6332|Oregon
None of these show the great squad play that makes PR the best mod out there.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

infinity101 wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

You will enjoy it. Don't be afraid of the learning curve. You will get the snot beat out of you at first.
why do you people say that the game is hard?

im not a superb player, and i didnt have any problems switching to PR

i find the guns more to my liking (more accurate, and more damaging, as it should be) so it is easier to kill people with them -> easier game

you just have to not get shot, and that is the same with both BF and PR
but in PR all people have smoke, so it helps you hide, while smoke is SOOOO rare in BF
yeah but so many people just run around in vBF2...these people usually take a while to learn to advance under cover, and until they do they are simply target practice.

Plus the huge floating red sign usually shows people where to shoot so they don't worry about uniform.

I know when I started playing it took me quite a while to learn to tell them apart...

That combined with added mistakes like hopping off a roof expecting a parachute, hopping out of cars only to die, having to get healed after being revived...

Then having to learn all the little idiosyncrasies of things like vehicle entrance, the kit systems, Officers and rally points, vehicle warm ups......

I mean its not impossible(maybe not even hard) but it is an adjustment.
infinity101
+5|6578

VicktorVauhn wrote:

yeah but so many people just run around in vBF2...these people usually take a while to learn to advance under cover, and until they do they are simply target practice.
so true, but you can play PR and have fun even while running around without cover.....sometimes   

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Plus the huge floating red sign usually shows people where to shoot so they don't worry about uniform.
i used to play america's army before BF2 so it is not a shock for me, but i got dumbed down while playing BF2 so i had to remind myself not to look for the red tag in PR

VicktorVauhn wrote:

That combined with added mistakes like hopping off a roof expecting a parachute, hopping out of cars only to die, having to get healed after being revived...
it happend to me too, but i died quite a bit more when the said parachute did not open in BF2
in PR you just dont jump....

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Then having to learn all the little idiosyncrasies of things like vehicle entrance, the kit systems, Officers and rally points, vehicle warm ups......
i had most trouble with finding doors on the vehicle models, they should be more pronounced somehow....
i think that currently the side door on an APC is just a painted 2D image of a door and thus doesnt instantly invite me to enter the APC through it, like a painted door on a wall, i allways think ill bounce of it

and second trouble i had is the spawn points, you see all of them as green BUT if you try to spawn on other squad's point you get sent to main base often.....and you have a long walk ....

all in all a few games of PR and you know everything....easy...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

infinity101 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

it happend to me too, but i died quite a bit more when the said parachute did not open in BF2
in PR you just dont jump....
Right after .5 came out me and my squad were on this rooftop on Basra...The placement of the ladder is a little messed up so you cant just walk onto it from the rooftop to get down. I tried to jump onto the roof ledge so I could get on the ladder. I missed, and seconds later I see my whole squad (other then SL) jump over the side after me(I guess not realizing I did it on accident).....Squad leader wasn't too happy about that....

That Americas Army is free huh? Is it pretty good?
infinity101
+5|6578

VicktorVauhn wrote:

AFIK it is free
and back then when i did play it it was great but it was small scale (maybe 20 players max) and servers couldnt rotate maps

but it was even more realistic than PR

one of the great features was that if a bullet went near you your aim would deteriorate for a while (greater min deviation) to simulate the unnerving effect of beeing shot at
that way you can really supress someone by just shooting at him

it would be great if they could implement it in PR too
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6345|Belfast

infinity101 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

AFIK it is free
and back then when i did play it it was great but it was small scale (maybe 20 players max) and servers couldnt rotate maps

but it was even more realistic than PR

one of the great features was that if a bullet went near you your aim would deteriorate for a while (greater min deviation) to simulate the unnerving effect of beeing shot at
that way you can really supress someone by just shooting at him

it would be great if they could implement it in PR too
NOTHING  is more realistic than PR (well real life is excluded)
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6521|South Florida
Sorry... Im not sold
15 more years! 15 more years!
infinity101
+5|6578

henno13 wrote:

NOTHING  is more realistic than PR (well real life is excluded)
well if you consider healing kits that restore health in a few seconds, and shockpaddles that revive after a lot of punishment, really realistic .....

in Americas Army, only healing that you can get is for the bleeding to stop, but you still suffer the wounded penalties (loss of accuracy and i think a loss of speed)
in other words, a field medic can ONLY stop your bleeding, he cant restore your health

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard