Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6472|Purdue
The demo for Crackdown was released today on XBL Marketplace for free. Wondered if anyone had bothered to download it.
I didn't play it on XBL, just the solo campaign, but it seems pretty good. My dad didn't like the cell-shaded look, but it's not bad. Cars are fun, and you get accelerated skill levels in the demo (You get stronger, faster) so that's nice. That's my two cents.
What's your thoughts/opnions?
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6472|Purdue
Been a couple days, so I'm bumping.
I know, I fail, I just wanna hear what people think.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6652|Canada Eh?
Well in my opinion, I think its great and its lots of fun. I like the fact that you can jump like 50 feet eventually and pick up cars and throw 'em. It may look cartoony but it looks hella fun.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6731
Yeah its fun, but the game only lasts a bit more the 30 minutes. If it lasted longer it would be fun. I will probably buy it when it comes out just for the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6472|Purdue

SnobbyBoss wrote:

Yeah its fun, but the game only lasts a bit more the 30 minutes. If it lasted longer it would be fun. I will probably buy it when it comes out just for the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta.
Yea, I'm going out this weekend to reserve it, mainly for Halo 3. I do wish it lasted longer though. After you get two stars in something, or after 30 minutes, the 30 minute timer starts.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6648|The View From The Afternoon
Crackdown is only available for Xbox Live Gold Member users, I have Silver so it says I'm gonna have to wait a couple o' days
Inimicus_7
+26|6353|England, UK
It's a good game and looks like it has a lot of potencial, simlar to GTA, you can complete tasks to advance in the game, or just piss around and kill as much as possible in fun ways.
Throwing gas tanks in the ait and blowing them up above 4 PeaceKeeper cars...that are full = fun.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6649|San Francisco, CA
The game is fun, I agree. Remember though it had a little disclaimer that the demo was in some..accelerated..skill..mode or some crap. So I'm pretty sure you won't be jumping just 30 feet in five minutes yet skipper. Plus there's 500 of those agility pick ups.

The game needs some fine tuning though. I didn't like how you couldn't switch between lock-on targets right off the get go. You have to unlock..move the xhair, lock on again. But the ability to AIM at specific targets is pretty nice. I too will most likely get it. More for the game than ga-Halo..3 multiplayer beta.

I also like that there's a variety of weapons. In a way, Crackdown does take some off GTA:SA, but what did you expect? You have a GTA monkey working on it. I haven't tried the co-op yet so *shrug to that*. It..doesn't EXACTLY seem realistic where you can shoot at cars endlessly in the engie compartment, unless cars now(then)adays built like tanks and can achieve 90+mph easily, or bullets just crumple when they touch aluminium, but not human flesh.

Weh, who knows. I'm just being nit-picky.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard