CreepingDeath
+1|6742
HMMMM .. how to start this thread ?

Is the war over, did we win?

What was it we where fighting for?

I dont see any changes yet, my freedoms are still the same.

I thought we were there to fight and de thrown Hudem Insane which we did / find and kill Osama Bin Loden for terriost attacks. Have we found him yet? I thought Bush had said and the news reports mostly always say " War on Terror "
  Okay so we don't have attacks here yet again, but what about all these other countries that have had them, before, during, and still after our over taking of Iraq.

So is IRAQ going to be just another vietnam and pull out before it's over and done to what the president said he would do there?
Deedubya
+-2|6799|The Seventh Circle of Hell
Hmmm, 1) no, 2) the end of terrorism in Iraq and to give them the freedom to choose a government, 3) your freedoms weren't ever affected, 4) yes we found Hussein, 4 1/2) no we haven't found Bin Laden yet, 5) and yes, we're staying there until Iraq's new government system is stable, and their military force can handle the "War on Terror".
Gotham
+3|6730

CreepingDeath wrote:

I thought we were there to fight and de thrown Hudem Insane which we did / find and kill Osama Bin Loden for terriost attacks. Have we found him yet? I thought Bush had said and the news reports mostly always say " War on Terror "
  Okay so we don't have attacks here yet again, but what about all these other countries that have had them, before, during, and still after our over taking of Iraq.

So is IRAQ going to be just another vietnam and pull out before it's over and done to what the president said he would do there?
We may decrease the amount of troops at some time but we will maintain a US presence there for at least the rest of our lifetime.

I normally dont get into political discussions so ill leave with just one statement.

Regardless of whos right or wrong or what reasons we ended up over there saddam needed to be dethroned. He is a sadistic prick that just needed to go.

And as a former soldier myself I support all of the troops over there 100% no questions asked.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, EspaƱa
i think the capture and the proces of saddam hoessein is a total waste of time and money. and they are delaying it the whole darn time....why didnt they put a bullet between his eyes when they found him so we all could say ''So, End Of Story''  and when do the american leave Iraq ffs....let iraq be iraq, terrorists cant do shit now....because i was impressed about 11/9, but after that madrid...ok its horrible....then london...pfff again? and then those small bombs in the middle east doesnt really get my atention...they lost there fame those terrorists...if they wanne impress me they have to do twice the amount of horror then on 11/9

so:

Saddam Hoessein = A Dead Men Walking
American in Iraq = Bullshit, get the fuck outta there before more useless deaths will fall (what about there families huh?!they dont wanted to see her/his son/husband be sended back in a coffin)
Stable Governement = Wtf? Wanna get a decromacy there? let them be Arabs and they will do it on there arab ways i dont care i just hope the civilization is going to be alright.

Terrorist = You Suck! get a realy job in place of blowing urselfs up because u aint going to heaven on that way u just going to get ur organs spride out on a 100 meters (not a nice view btw)

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-11-30 07:18:16)

Deedubya
+-2|6799|The Seventh Circle of Hell
And that's exactly the attitude a terrorist wants you to have, Torro. They want you to become complacent about "little piddely bombings". They want you to have the attitude, better those poor saps in London than me. What if was you. Or someone close to you? Your parents? Sister? Brother? Wife, girlfriend? So keep on having that piss-ant ass attitude you have. It just shows exactly where your loyalties lie. Why didn't we put a bullet in Saddam? And stoop to his level? I don't think so, the American people as a whole and individually are far better than Saddam will ever be. He broke almost every law there is to break, and he needs to have justice served to him. Ending his life is too good for him. He'll pay for his wrong-doing, count on that.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6732

Deedubya wrote:

3) your freedoms weren't ever affected
Excuse me?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834

CreepingDeath wrote:

Seems like it, except for a few losers who want to blow themselves up.

They were knocking the shit out of the USA about once every six months under clinton.
I was a mistake to fuck with this President. They should have waited him out.

Thats the whole point, you didnt lose your freedom, Men and women fought to maintain it for you.

It is a war on terror, They know we back Israel who they see as Invaders to land that was their's for thousands of years. the USA supplies backs Arms and Aids Israel in every and any way they ask.
They know if they can make us back out of the middle east they have a better chance.
They have no Air force so they Hit how and when they can hurt us the most. They wont fight toe to toe. We didnt fight england that way Vietnam didnt fight us that way. In fact Israel invented these tactics.
P.m. Bagaen SP blew up a few Hotels himself. Bush said " this wont End on my watch "It wont end anytime soon unless Israel goes away.

Okay so we don't have attacks here yet again, but what aboutt all these other countries that have had them, before, during, and still after our over taking of Iraq.

Yes they are going after week nations like France, Spain, Japan Etc. no one said Arabs  were dumb.

So is IRAQ going to be just another vietnam and pull out before it's over and done to what the president said
he would do there?

You kinda lost me here but Iraq wont be another vietnam, Like WWII we are fighting for jews and we will win. If Vietnam had Jews we would still be there fighting. The media would have gotten behind the effort. If we pulled out of WWII at the 2000 casualties mark we would have quit during the Pearl Harbor Attack. If we pulled out of WWII after just 2 years we woulndt have liberated the concentration camps, ironicaly we wouldnt be fighting now.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6775
The funny thing people fail to realize is that if we just pulled out and left Iraq, people would be killing each other for power.

Killing each other for power means the most ruthless and toughest guy wins power.

The most ruthless and toughest guy winning power means there is a ruthless and "tough" guy in power.

Meaning there is another Saddam.  We'd just have to do it all over again.

*Cues the "Well just let them kill themselves" comments from morons with redneck views*
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834

DrDestruction wrote:

The funny thing people fail to realize is that if we just pulled out and left Iraq, people would be killing each other for power.

Killing each other for power means the most ruthless and toughest guy wins power.

The most ruthless and toughest guy winning power means there is a ruthless and "tough" guy in power.

*Cues the "Well just let them kill themselves" comments from morons with redneck views*
All true,  But .... Its librals who want to bale,
If you ever worked outside in the sun you would know a Redneck is not in Insult,
Its how Vegatables get on your plate.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA

DrDestruction wrote:

I agree.  If we were to just pull out of Iraq right now, it would turn into a cess pool.  There would be more killing than there is right now, and they'd probably end up with another dictator running things.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra
war?

win?

haha thats funny, it was never a war, and unfortunantly no matter what usa thinks they havnt won anything.
philbymaris2
+2|6703
same as vietman, america likes to think that they won, but in all reality it was dead even, no one won.... same with iraq, the so called war is over, but its not..... they had saddam though thats good enough in my eyes.... call it "peace keeping" if you will.

it wont stop, that part of the world is very volitile.... has been for along time... hundreds and thousands of years.....

anyways what happened to bushes "WAR AGAINST TERROR" hahahahaha what a joke
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6750

philbymaris2 wrote:

same as vietman, america likes to think that they won, but in all reality it was dead even, no one won.... same with iraq, the so called war is over, but its not..... they had saddam though thats good enough in my eyes.... call it "peace keeping" if you will.

it wont stop, that part of the world is very volitile.... has been for along time... hundreds and thousands of years.....

anyways what happened to bushes "WAR AGAINST TERROR" hahahahaha what a joke
Iraq and the US won this time. 

And it was a war against terror, Saddam was a terrorist to his own people.

We lost vietnam because it is suspected that the south vietnamese weren't fighting as hard as they should be, although they had been in the war much longer than we did, and any military historian will tell you, from the facts we have now, we were very close to winning, time was the only factor, and the fact we had to chase the damn bitches down in Laos and Cambodia. Its like following the stupid afghans going into pakistan.

Vietnam was lost because we lost the war in the american politcal system long before it was over, the people didn't see any justification behind it, and let me remind you Vietnam was us cleaning up after the French.

Iraq is nowhere near Vietnam, and you have no idea what you are talking about. Is the area volatile? Yes, but its mainly from the meddling of outside nations over many many decades This pretty much includes every major country from china to the usa, to russia, to france.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834

the_heart_attack wrote:

war?

win?

haha thats funny, it was never a war, and unfortunantly no matter what usa thinks they havnt won anything.
the " source ! " apparantly .. lol
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I love how you people try to make war sound like sports.

In the case of Iraq that had no real resolution for going and leaving (it is all open to opinion... Iraq didn't detonate a bomb on U.S soil)... it will take a decade or two before any "winners" can be established.

So far, though, Iraq is as much a mess as before the invasion.
I thought the Winners were the guys who Won ?  ie didnt hold up white flags and stack their rifles in piles hand tied in flexi cuffs etc... no ? am I not correct?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

Horseman 77 wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I love how you people try to make war sound like sports.

In the case of Iraq that had no real resolution for going and leaving (it is all open to opinion... Iraq didn't detonate a bomb on U.S soil)... it will take a decade or two before any "winners" can be established.

So far, though, Iraq is as much a mess as before the invasion.
I thought the Winners were the guys who Won ?  ie didnt hold up white flags and stack their rifles in piles hand tied in flexi cuffs etc... no ? am I not correct?
unfortunately, war is a bit more complicated than a hockey game. there is no final whistle. It might be that the military part of the conflict itself is over, but as long as US soldiers are still dieing over there, the iraq fiasco will go on, I am afraid.

There was never much doubt that the US would win the military part of the conflict anyway, or was there ?

As people have said, you gotta win the hearts and minds of the iraqis and you gotta establish a sense of democracy in them. but that will take some time, maybe 10 more years or so.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
why havnt we found bin laden u ask? coz he does nothing all day! hes hiding in his lil cave w/ no TV, computer internet or anything that would give ppl tracerble data, US had 2 chances to kill bin laden, 1 was fucked coz a UAE prince was hunting w/ bin laden, other was too many civilians there
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
unfortunately, war is a bit more complicated than a hockey game. there is no final whistle. It might be that the military part of the conflict itself is over, but as long as US soldiers are still dieing over there, the iraq fiasco will go on, I am afraid.

I am very impressed that you came to this conclusion.

There was never much doubt that the US would win the military part of the conflict anyway, or was there ?

Only the millitary part of the Conflict is the WAR.

The shit will go on and on and if you read my earlier post I also said 8 to 10 years, thats what we envested in Germany are not these people worth our efforts too ?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
I'd like to hear what MOST EDUCATED JOURNALISTS would say about your comment, freebirdpat.  Any sensible military historian can quickly find many similarities between Vietnam and Iraq.  I think that now we're in Iraq, we have to stay there for some time, otherwise it will be a civil war.  But I hope that all of you realize that Iraq never truly had freedom, it was a freaking British colony until after World War 2.  The truth is, there is now way out of Iraq.  Suddam Hussein was horrible, we know that.  but if you want to start a war and spend BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of dollars, only to have soldiers complaining to the Secretary of Defense that they don't have enough armor for their vehicles, be my guest.  Why don't we attack North Korea?? Answer that please.  Why?  Because we KNOW for a FACT they have Nuclear weapons.  The Bush Administration lied COMPLETELY about Iraq having WMD's and about them being connected to 9/11.  Don't get me wrong, I support our troops and I believe that we have a reason to be in Afgahnistan.  But this Iraq bullshit is funny, how the Bush Administration can get away with such shit.   

My dad was at Kent State when the shootings happened, and he remembers quite clearly what Vietnam was all about.  It's only a matter of time before we eventually realize that Iraq has a huge number of people against the US occupation and we eventually leave the country, just like in South Vietnam.

By the way, the South Vietnamese were full of Vietcong, THAT'S WHAT WE CALL SOUTH VIETNAMESE WHO SUPPORTED THE NORTH.  The US supporters were fighting hard, but the majority of Vietnamese in general -north or south- wanted us out of the country.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6706|Wilmington, DE, US
CreepingDeath, I think you've shown that this section of the forum is a little over your head. This topic will just degenerate into another tirade on how you hate blacks and hispanics.
CreepingDeath
+1|6742
I never said i hated black= african americans or hispanics= spanish americans <-- key word here is american hispanics. not spics jumping over our borders and taken our jobs. Not paying taxes, but asking or should i say demanding handouts at times.

What i had said before is i hate niggers useles black people excpeting a handout because they are to lazy to get a job.
and white trash rednecks that want to live on welfare  again to lazy to get a job.

So again i dont hate anyone that treats people for who they are not what they are. GET IT RIGHT
S4INT05
+1|6727|79605, TX
who said none of our freedoms have been affected? have you not been watching CNN? have you not heard of the patriot act?

it will take a whole lot of time and our resources to win. when it's all said and done, america will have a fuuuuuuck load of oil :p

but anyways, we should stay in this war until shit is set clear. this has been an ongoing conflict since the '70s and it is about time we get the mop out to clean the mess. if we pull out, all other terrorist harboring countries will see it as a victory and begin to pressure other countries into doing as they please through violence. look at what happened to Spain.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

Horseman 77 wrote:

I am very impressed that you came to this conclusion.

Only the millitary part of the Conflict is the WAR.

The shit will go on and on and if you read my earlier post I also said 8 to 10 years, thats what we envested in Germany are not these people worth our efforts too ?
your sarsasm is wasted on me. I was merely commenting on your image of those who held up they hands, white flags, POWs in flexi cuffs, etc.

If I offended you, please kindly accept my apologies.

If the US has won the war in iraq or not depends on your definition of war. If you follow the classic definition of war being a military conflict between two or more sovereign nations it is obvious the US has won that one. Not much doubt about that in the first place anyway, I'd say.

But definitions ain't that easy any more. What is it ? a war ? a conflict ? a law enforcement action ?
Bush calls all of it "the war on terror", and if the iraq affair is still part of that ( which I believe many here have suggested ) it sure ain't over, as the "war on terror" is still going on.

so what do you think ? is it still part of the "war on terror" ? Or was the iraq endeavor induced by other motives ?

If you argue that the military part of the conflict ( war ) is over, I could conclude that the US is now using the marines as a police force, with limited success.

your comparison with the rebuilding of germany after WWII ain't viable, IMHO. Those were different times, WWII was a global conflict with much larger implications, and the US was building us up to serve as a first line of defense against the communist threat. I wonder, if Russia hadn't emerged as an opposing superpower to the US, if Germany would have been supported by the US as it was.

This brings up another interesting question which I would ask you to comment on.
Do you believe the US administration has a plan on how the "global war on terror" is supposed to be conducted and - more importantly - how and when it is going to end ? what are its strategic goals ?
Can those be achieved with military forces ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard