Caco_Krispys
+0|6298
im looking to learn how to knife better,i get my @$$ kicked on knife only servers, although i did unlock the knife upgrade. i am pretty bad at knifing my KD ration last round was 5:14. i want to get better and get my gold knife badge, please reply, i need tips
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6701
Face the enemy, Click left mouse button, Repeat.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
HeimdalX
+37|6643
knife where they just were... usually slightly to the left
Caco_Krispys
+0|6298
thanks, ive noticed that the knife has a random range, any other tips?
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6639|Peoria
Use smoke grenades, especially in tight corridors and the like. Toss the smoke nade at your target and run at them. It should disorient them and give you a better chance.
r00ts
xD
+81|6534|Netherlands

Caco_Krispys wrote:

i did unlock the knife upgrade
Knive upgrade?... lolz

My tip is, to just chop around as much as you can, if the enemy can't hit YOU, you have more time to hit THEM, so jump around jump jump jump around11!! and keep chucking that knive in his face

r00ts
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6539|inside your nose.

Caco_Krispys wrote:

im looking to learn how to knife better,i get my @$$ kicked on knife only servers, although i did unlock the knife upgrade. i am pretty bad at knifing my KD ration last round was 5:14. i want to get better and get my gold knife badge, please reply, i need tips
I've played on my fair share of knife servers, and I always got a pretty good K/D with knives. all i did was sprint up to them, go prone, and knife them in the shins. It works almost everytime, and you can hit them from about 3-4 feet away with that trick too. If there are pistols involved, don't run straight at them, and do the technique.. a lot of people get pissed when ya do it do them. lol
lambo
+2|6632
if your talking about 2142 then right before you rush the guy or he rushes you click the right mouse button to swing the knife, in 2142 there is a little delay and while ur swinging up it will still kill the guy. If you talking about bf2 then just jump around a lot and keep knifeing.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
there is no knife upgrade
get off a knife only server, or if you are on it, blow them all up with rdx to teach them a lesson not to be on knife servers. oh and leave before you get kicked so you get the points. lol.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Actually there is a knife upgrade if you can it a upgrade when the knife changes aperance after 50 knifekills!

Most people stab to late and most often try to stab you in the face 1 on 1.

Try crouch instead of prone and get used to stab just before you normally would have stabbed, crouching have proved as effective as proneknifing in BF2.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6754|Internet!
Crouch or prone in a knife fight is good, run straight at them go prone and swing. It's pretty simple, but works really well. You hit their feet, they die, and they hit the air above you and you live.

As for just getting knife kills, flank them. Come up from the rear. Use cloak to get around the lines, and then come up from behind and stab 'em in the back. I personally would recommend against using cloak to run up to them (turn it off once you get behind the lines), as the sound can give you away. But, some people arn't very perceptive, so cloak may or may not be useful there.
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
And don't get too close.

I've missed quite a few kills because I was standing too close to the enemy and the knife goes "through" them.
By then they wonder what that swishing noise is all about and turn around shoot you in the face.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6724|Germany, near Koblenz
There is no need for you Caco_Krispys to visit cheater servers to get your gold badge: Just look out for a quite balanced round on Belgrad, take off the body armour and use the active camo to get close to / behind your victims.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
I cant even get my bronze knifing badge, but i aint gonna resort to a PnK server. I still only ever find a couple of unaware players every round i go knifin in tho, so i end with 2-3 dogtags, and thats it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Gibraltar is a good map for knifing, or even Cebere can be good !

You dont have to go K&P to get your badges, but most people do just that - takes to much effort not to
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dressed In Decay
+14|6529
I usually rush right at guys, they get scared and just start shooting everywhere, when I get in range, I usually swing and then jump back a little bit, usually takes them down.
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Here's a video (not mine) that might give you some tips and inspiration.

NOTE: Much of the opposition in this video are rather weak.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-01-22 05:30:48)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6641|Hong Kong
Aim.

Click.

P.S.: WTF is a knife upgrade? And Sambuccawhatsyourface, those graphics are so bad they look like graphics from a Disney educational CD pack.

EDIT: Varegg, I know what he means by the "knife upgrade" only I wouldn't call it that.

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-01-22 05:17:51)

Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

The knife upgrade is only a change in graphics, when you have 50+ knifekills your knife changes to another animation with a dogtag hanging from it !
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6386|Evilsville
Man those graphics sucked.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6401|Espoo, Finland
Don't play K&P!
Go on a full 64-player Gibraltar, play as a Recon and use your IT-33.
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Just for the record that's not my video. I just found it and thought it might help the OP.
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden
Head for a Titan server that have like 40 to 48 players. And knife at the end or try to find those lone players that camp here and there.

That's how I got my silver badge, have yet to try the gold one but I usually end up with 15 knife kills and then everyone knows that I'm after them. >.>
Nutter Butter
+2|6539
I got my Gold knife badge on Minsk.  I ended up with 28 knife kills in one round.  The active camo with the new patch is friggin awesome.  It allowed me to approach from the front and slide around behind them.  Once you see them running away from you, make sure to turn off the camo, since the noise it makes is very distinguishable.  The secret to getting a good knife kill is patience and awareness.  If you hear a sniper rifle and there is no blue dot on your radar, time to go hunting.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
this is like 100's thread on how to knife better get on the server with like 8 people sneak up on one of them and ull get a badges, thats the advice I was given. Sneaking is the key hehehee especially works when there are not a lot of people on server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard