Simon1987
+3|6732|England
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6388|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Whoever told you that lied. There is people here that pwn with keyboard & mouse & then theres people like me that use an X52 joystick & still suck. Just practice.

*Edit:* for the record I have heard good things from people that use that joystick, at least I think that's the one.

*Edit2:* Have a karma.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-01-21 07:01:35)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
Dude do not get a joystick, you can fly so much better with a mouse. Gunning with a joystick is way to fucking hard. Mouse=precise aiming. Get a Logitech G5 or something.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Djbrown
+129|6514|Adelaide, Aussieland
its not VITAL,

but there is a suspicious reason as to why all fighter pilots in this world use joysticks for their jets...
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6598|Melbourne, Australia.

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Gunning with a joystick is way to fucking hard.
no?
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6539|Istanbul-Turkey
I fly with only keyboard. enough because bf2 isnt a flight simulation. but NEVER fly heli with joystick.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6333|Newcastle UK
i fly mouse and key and im good.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6331|Netherlands

Simon1987 wrote:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2221,CONTENTID=10714

Is that one any good?
Thats a good joystick yes
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys

kmt wrote:

Dude do not get a joystick, you can fly so much better with a mouse. Gunning with a joystick is way to fucking hard. Mouse=precise aiming. Get a Logitech G5 or something.
rofl. Tell that to Sarge.
Well, im using personal experience. I have a saitek x52 and i cant do shit with it.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6388|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Well, im using personal experience. I have a saitek x52 and i cant do shit with it.
Dude you just made me feel better, I have an X52 & actually suck either way but I'm worse with the joystick.....I thought it was just me
+1
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

OakLeaves wrote:

i fly mouse and key and im good.
Lol, no
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

kmt wrote:

Man, you guys are too hyped up on Sarge's skills.. He may be good but he isn't the best. Patton is a fucking good pilot, oakleaves is a fucking good pilot--they use mouse and keyboard.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6333|Newcastle UK
STFU you never did want that dogfight.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

OakLeaves wrote:

STFU you never did want that dogfight.
read next post, bend over, get spanked.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

kmt wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

kmt wrote:

Man, you guys are too hyped up on Sarge's skills.. He may be good but he isn't the best. Patton is a fucking good pilot, oakleaves is a fucking good pilot--they use mouse and keyboard.
No, but still most of the good dogfighters use a joystick. I use it because I can have constant and precise motion with it other than a mouse I constantly need to grab it and lay it down again to make maneuvers.

Which can be very annoying if you are in dogfight. But I have used Mouse and Keyboard in the past. And I liked it but now I like my Joystick way more.

Maybe it's personal preference.
..and this has something to do with you having an orgasm over Sarge's 'godlike' skills how?
eagles1106
+269|6601|Marlton, New Jersey.

I hope you meant using the jet guns right?

Ottomania wrote:

I fly with only keyboard. enough because bf2 isnt a flight simulation. but NEVER fly heli with joystick.
Dont tell people to not do stuff just because you sucked balls in the helo with a joystick.  I love using the joystick for the helo and have gotten sooo many compliments that im a great pilot, not to mention I have a ton of driver points for my rank
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

kmt wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

..and this has something to do with you having an orgasm over Sarge's 'godlike' skills how?
Are we getting hostile?

No, I've played with Sarge and a few other pilots and I can clearly see if someone uses a joystick or not. I often see people having to drag and drop their mouse in turns. Which kind of is stupid because it's a disadvantage.
No, we are being inquisitive. You still have not answered my question. What makes Sarge godlike, not in general, what makes him so special? just curious
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6354
like most of what everyone said mouse and key board.
also you can change the settings to fly better. so its fast as a joy stick
the only thing good with a joy stick is for the chopper. it can take off as soon as u get in it no wait
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6333|Newcastle UK
Ohh i got spanked and i loved it
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

kmt wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

kmt wrote:

Are we getting hostile?

No, I've played with Sarge and a few other pilots and I can clearly see if someone uses a joystick or not. I often see people having to drag and drop their mouse in turns. Which kind of is stupid because it's a disadvantage.
No, we are being inquisitive. You still have not answered my question. What makes Sarge godlike, not in general, what makes him so special? just curious
He is better in dogfighting than me I can easily say. Then I know Flyjetandkill who is also very good in Plane but got beaten by Sarge. So Sarge obviously is a good pilot.

That's what makes him as you say 'special'?
So the reason why he is, as I say godlike is because he is good at dogfighting? Sure, dogfighting is great but what about helping the infantry. Bombing tanks, APCs, etc. I know I'm being an ass but I just started Theory of Knowledge.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2007-01-21 09:00:05)

Archer
rapes face
+161|6441|Canuckistan
Fuck it, I'm getting a joystick to see what the hell's the hype is about.

I normally don't care about my stats... but, my aviator stats are just.. pathetic.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6543|dunno
I use mouse and key and i fly good.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6487

BULLSHIT  a joystick will improve a good pilots skills tenfold.  but you need one with a z axis(rotation)
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6545|Belgium

Meh, I still fly with the mouse, and occasionally I get even a J10 out of the air. I don't consider myself at the best level, but I have a ratio of 4, and I fly the f35b a lot. It's all about practice. If you first tried a lot with mouse, you'll still need a lot of practice with the joystick to get as good as you were with the mouse.

A joystick is not essential to be good, it's not that when you suddenly have a joystick, you will kill more than before or bomb better and notice a major improvement, on the contrary, it will fly weird in the beginning and you will rarely kill and crash in the beginning. In the longer run it might become handy if you want to join dogfights competitions but for pubbing you can also have good scores (like 54-0) with the mouse&keyboard. It's all about practice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard