Marinejuana
local
+415|6609|Seattle

smtt686 wrote:

If your in the left lane (U.S.) and you someone flashes you from behind, you need to get the fuck over.  Quit playing the moral conscience of the highway and let traffic flow.  Too many times I have been behind 2 idiots playing games because one guy thinks 67mph is fast enough when someone wants to go around and go faster and just causes traffic to back up behind them.  If you think its funny slam on the brakes on a highway when someone flashes you, you will be in just as much trouble as the guy who hit you. 

Basically, move over and play nice.  Its not a race to home, work, shopping or whatever.  The left lane is for passing and if your not passing your just an asshole!
1927(h)

7eregrine wrote:

When I flash my headlights at you! It means "can I please get past you?". It DOES NOT mean 'Move over A******!".
In Europe, and it used to be likewise in the States, it's called USING YOUR PASSING LIGHTS!

Am I alone here? Or do you flash your lights when you are ticked off?
If you do it on Hamstead Heath in London you may be in for a nasty suprise.  If you do it in various other Car Parks in UK expect some attention from Geekey looking Mac (long coat) wearers and a trip to the car wash the next day.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6845|Belgium

DonFck wrote:

This are my motives:

Flashing lights to oncoming traffic:

- "Your headlights are off"
- "Your high beams are on"
- "Cops!"
- "Animals on the road"
- "Accident ahead"

Flashing lights to the one in front of you

- "Tail lights are out"
- "Your car is broken, pull over"
- "I'm being a prick"
Especially the:
- "I'm being a prick"

There are 2 things I really dislike on the road;

Idiots that stay in the fast lane while there are a plethora of space in the middle or slow lane.
Idiots that come pocking in the back of your car at an average speed of 130 km/h (above speed limit) while there is no place on the middle lane and there are numerous cars before me.

The latter often coinciding with flashing their lights. Slowing down is so tempting when this happens

R
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6779
Flashing the lights here is also accepted on highways as a sign of the drivers desire to taking over you.
Though here in Hungary it can cause frustration in different situations bcause there are no 3 lane highways only two. If im takeing over a cloumn of trucks on the highway because they are going with 80Kmph and a guy comes behind me around 1.5-2 meters and start flashing lights it pisses me off. Sometimes I use the tactitc as delta4bravo*nl*, step on the brakes (of course not that hard, i dont want to wreck my car) this can result in two situatuions:
1. The guy behind me realize that on a highway when going with around 120-130kmph it is not good to foloww someone with just 1.5-2 meters in between.
2. the guy pisses off and hits his horn several times.

Number 2 however happens more than number one.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6532|Bournemouth, South England
Lights on a vehicle are for pussies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard