Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Are there any democrats who would endorse him as a candidate? Just curious.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Barack Obama launched a historic campaign Tuesday to become the first black half black president of the United States and immediately tried to turn his political inexperience into an asset with voters seeking change.
https://i14.tinypic.com/3za55ld.jpg

The freshman Illinois senator - and top contender for the Democratic nomination - said the past six years have left the country in a precarious place and he promoted himself as the standard-bearer for a new kind of politics.

"Our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, commonsense way," Obama said in a video posted on his Web site. "Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions. And that's what we have to change first."

Some of the polls are already telling us he would bury Hillary. I wonder why.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6769|The United Center
I would.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

I'm a middle person and the problem I have with him is he has no track record.

Edit:Although he is very charismatic.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I would.
Does that mean you would take him over Hillary?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-16 23:43:59)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
CommieChipmunk
+488|6592|Portland, OR, USA
anything but Bush.

He can't be any worse, you'd hope.  But yeah he is very charismatic... it'd be nice to hear intelligent/fluent presidential addresses...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6738
Im a conservative and i think he is an interesting person... it might be nice to have someone that isnt part of the status quo... Hopefully he is for real and gels as a candidate... Hillary is frightening... lol
Love is the answer
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

I'm a middle person and the problem I have with him is he has no track record.

Edit:Although he is very charismatic.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I would.
Does that mean you would take him over Hillary?
Yes, definitely.

Maybe it's because I live in Illinois, but he gets a ton of exposure here.  Also, my mom received his autobiography for Christmas and let me borrow it...it's actually pretty good.

...as has been said already, he can't be worse than Bush.  Plus, I like the idea of a young, black president.  He seems to relate with my generation better than the older guys who usually run for president.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.

He can't be any worse, you'd hope.  But yeah he is very charismatic... it'd be nice to hear intelligent/fluent presidential addresses...
Honestly most democrats are. You can trash Clinton and Gore all day long, but you will find it very hard to find those who think they are not good speakers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.

Honestly most democrats are. You can trash Clinton and Gore all day long, but you will find it very hard to find those who think they are not good speakers.
Well, Gore never used to be a good speaker.  He's come a pretty long way.  He's been on SNL a few times and has actually been funny.

It would've been interesting to see who won the election if Gore had been how he is now.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.

Well, Gore never used to be a good speaker.  He's come a pretty long way.  He's been on SNL a few times and has actually been funny.

It would've been interesting to see who won the election if Gore had been how he is now.
He has indeed. Many are singing his praises now. He is much more relaxed now.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-16 23:57:24)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6358|Oregon
I'd vote for obama! although... if gore ran against him in the primaries... theres a chance id vote for more experience... but... i'd have to be sure that the leading GOP canidate wasn't a complete moron for a change...
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6724|Little Rock, Arkansas

djphetal wrote:

I'd vote for obama! although... if gore ran against him in the primaries... theres a chance id vote for more experience... but... i'd have to be sure that the leading GOP canidate wasn't a complete moron for a change...
This is your first election. What do you mean, the leading GOP candidate isn't a moron? You can say many, many things my young friend, but the GOP presidential candidates before GW were not morons (in reverse order: Dole, Bush, Bush, Reagan, Reagan)

ThomasMorgan wrote:

He still would have lost. Any man that manages to lose a debate to GW Bush, and can't even muster the popular support of his own home state, cannot be elected president. Gore is a shitty, shitty candidate. He was then, and is now.

You guys are missing the big point here. If the dems are serious about taking back the white house, they have to put forth a candidate that can win in the south. You can't be president if you can't carry the south. Look at the history of presidential politics.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6790

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Im a conservative and i think he is an interesting person... it might be nice to have someone that isnt part of the status quo... Hopefully he is for real and gels as a candidate... Hillary is frightening... lol
He could be a breath of fresh air.

Wont be president but could be a leading candidate's running mate.

Obama for VP?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

The problem with politicians is that they don't really talk about what they're going to do to fix anything. They usually just weasel around the issue, spouting off party mainstays.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6790

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The problem with politicians is that they don't really talk about what they're going to do to fix anything. They usually just weasel around the issue, spouting off party mainstays.
The problem we have in Australia at the moment is that every politician has the mentality "if it aint broke, falling to pieces, causing the country trouble, 10 years overdue" it aint worth fixing.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6724|Little Rock, Arkansas

Kmarion quoting Obama wrote:

"Our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, commonsense way," Obama said in a video posted on his Web site. "Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions. And that's what we have to change first."
This is a very nice statement. Very true. However, I really don't give a rats ass if you get along with your comrads in Congress if you get shit done. Tell me how you are going to balance the budget. Tell me your stance on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments. Do you support amending the Constitution to protect the privacy of the citizens of the US? How are you going to screw up education more? Do you support a draft? Where do you stand on tort reform?

These are the statements I want to see. Its nice that he wants everyone to get along. So did my kindergarten teacher, and I don't want to see Miss Fritz's name on the ballot either.
JG1567JG
+110|6610|United States of America

BN wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The problem we have in Australia at the moment is that every politician has the mentality "if it aint broke, falling to pieces, causing the country trouble, 10 years overdue" it aint worth fixing.
That sounds like the politicians here in the U.S. and most likely all over the world.  Whats even better is when they tell you how they will fix this and that and even how they are going to do it, but once they are elected nothing changes. 
  Something funny I heard Nancy Pelosie (Speaker of the House) say about all the changes they are going to do in the first 100 hours when the democrats take over.  She said "The 100 hours starts when we say it starts and it ends when we say it ends."  <---Not exact but very close.
  Can you imagine Hilary Clinton as President and Nancy Pelosie as Speaker of the House.  Thats the #1 and #3 spots in the chain of command for th United States of America.  Who knows who would be #2.
  Personally I don't think Obama can win because of his lack of experience, but that may be the best thing going for him.  You cant really use his voting record against him too much.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6467|The Land of Scott Walker

BN wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Even if it's falling to pieces and 20 years overdue they don't bother.  Well, sometimes they try, but the other side of the aisle won't help.  Social Security reform anyone?  Dems weren't interested and GW gave up too soon.  Hopefully someday soon some politicians will stop listening to the retired folks and care about the rest of the country in relation to Social Security.
san4
The Mas
+311|6710|NYC, a place to live

Kmarion wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Barack Obama launched a historic campaign Tuesday to become the first black half black president of the United States and immediately tried to turn his political inexperience into an asset with voters seeking change.
He will be 100% black to the people who won't vote for him because he's black.

blisteringsilence wrote:

Any man that manages to lose a debate to GW Bush, and can't even muster the popular support of his own home state, cannot be elected president. Gore is a shitty, shitty candidate. He was then, and is now.
I'm looking for a presidential candidate who can think on his or her feet. Gore couldn't, Kerry sure as hell couldn't, and I don't think GWB can. But I'm certain Hillary can and I'd like to know if Obama can.

blisteringsilence wrote:

You guys are missing the big point here. If the dems are serious about taking back the white house, they have to put forth a candidate that can win in the south. You can't be president if you can't carry the south. Look at the history of presidential politics.
That used to be true, but I think the democrats' plan is to run a candidate who can get every vote Kerry got and then get just a few more. About 100,000 more votes in Ohio would have done it in 2004. That strategy totally ignores the south (which Kerry completely lost).

blisteringsilence wrote:

Its nice that he wants everyone to get along. So did my kindergarten teacher, and I don't want to see Miss Fritz's name on the ballot either.
She is going to sooooo spank you for that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

san4 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He will be 100% black to the people who won't vote for him because he's black.
Understood, but his mother is white.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
i would take a sock full of rocks over hillary.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i would take a sock full of rocks over hillary.
QFE

Where the fuck have you been troop?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.

Aw fuck, this is how the end will come.
Eventually it won't matter what they say as long as its coherent and we elect satan.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.
I think he just gave us the go ahead to nominate Bill O'reilly?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio

Kmarion wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.
I think he just gave us the go ahead to nominate Bill O'reilly?
or me.

I announce my bid for President of the United States.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6467|The Land of Scott Walker

ATG wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

anything but Bush.

Aw fuck, this is how the end will come.
Eventually it won't matter what they say as long as its coherent and we elect satan.
You mean the antichrist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard