Poll

Is Iran pursuing Nuclear Technology for Weapons?

Yes78%78% - 84
No21%21% - 23
Total: 107
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Null vote temporarily. While all the hard evidence and talk indicates that they don't want weapons they are a tad too unstable to be trusted - yet.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6723|oregon
Uhm, it is pretty obvious that they are in fact using it for nuclear weponry. They are an angry nation bent on world domination (remember, these are the guys that don't even think that the holocaust happened).
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
Honestly, who the fuck cares?  Since when is it perfectly fine for the US (the only country to ever actually use a nuclear weapon in an attack, mind you) to research nuclear technology but as soon as another nation tries to, we get all nervous about it and demand they cease their actions?

The way I see it, let them do what they want.  One of the biggest reasons the US is hated in other nations is precisely because of things like this.  We act as though we run the world.  Does anyone else find it ironic how we preach democracy when we were never voted into being the world's ruler?

If they want to research nuclear power, so be it.  Hell, if they want to research nuclear weapons, be my guest.  We have them; why not everyone else?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Null vote temporarily. While all the hard evidence and talk indicates that they don't want weapons they are a tad too unstable to be trusted - yet.
If you can watch the BBC Documentary Nuclear Walmart
In early March 2005, Pakistan acknowledged A. Q. Khan had provided centrifuges to Iran, though it denied having had any knowledge of the transactions.

That guy Khan has been caught by different intelligence agencies meeting with Iranian officials. They are not sure how far they got though. It's all very sketchy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

soldevilla13 wrote:

Uhm, it is pretty obvious that they are in fact using it for nuclear weponry. They are an angry nation bent on world domination (remember, these are the guys that don't even think that the holocaust happened).
Ugh.  Shut up.  Their leader doesn't acknowledge it.  That's far different from saying their entire nation doesn't acknowledge it.

George Bush is an idiot.  Does that mean you are too?  Ok, nevermind, bad example, since obviously in this case it does.

Also, since when does not acknowledging the holocaust mean you're hellbent on world domination?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Honestly, who the fuck cares?  Since when is it perfectly fine for the US (the only country to ever actually use a nuclear weapon in an attack, mind you) to research nuclear technology but as soon as another nation tries to, we get all nervous about it and demand they cease their actions?

The way I see it, let them do what they want.  One of the biggest reasons the US is hated in other nations is precisely because of things like this.  We act as though we run the world.  Does anyone else find it ironic how we preach democracy when we were never voted into being the world's ruler?

If they want to research nuclear power, so be it.  Hell, if they want to research nuclear weapons, be my guest.  We have them; why not everyone else?
You really can't see the problem with everyone having nuclear weapons.. realllly?..lol
Forget about the fact Iran is threating to wipe the earth free of western society. But were not supposed to take him seriously.

You think he does, but why hide it then.. proxy maybe?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-15 23:21:23)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Null vote for now.  On the one hand they thus far have claimed to be enriching uranium for peaceful purposes and don't seem to be preparing for a nuclear weapons test anytime soon.  Of course he could be planing to us an Israeli city as a 'test site', but if the bomb failed he'd be in a shit load of hurt.  On the other hand they are led by a nut case who has called for Israel's destruction knowing that his nation would be blown to hell if he tried to do anything
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

You really can't see the problem with everyone having nuclear weapons.. realllly?..lol
Forget about the fact Iran is threating to wipe the earth free of western society. But were not supposed to take him seriously.
No.  Cold War all over again.  Or mutually assured global destruction.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Thats fine but I don't think you can draw the same moral equivalence with Ahmadinejad as you do with the United States/Soviet situation. I don't worry what Iran will blow up, I worry about who they will give the weapons to. Iran has a history of supplying weapons to third party unstable organizations.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Thats fine but I don't think you can draw the same moral equivalence with Ahmadinejad as you do with the United States/Soviet situation. I don't worry what Iran will blow up, I worry about who they will give the weapons to. Iran has a history of supplying weapons to third party unstable organizations.
...and we gave weapons to Afghanistan.

What's the difference?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

What's the difference?
Do I think that's right?..no
I don't understand your logic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

What's the difference?
I'm saying it's extremely hypocritical of the US to go around denouncing another nation's research of nuclear technology when we're doing the exact same thing.

Also, saying that Iran has a history of supplying weapons to unstable third party organizations means nothing since the US has a history of doing the same thing.

What don't you understand?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

What's the difference?
I'm saying it's extremely hypocritical of the US to go around denouncing another nation's research of nuclear technology when we're doing the exact same thing.

Also, saying that Iran has a history of supplying weapons to unstable third party organizations means nothing since the US has a history of doing the same thing.

So you think since it's hypocritical, it's ok to give Nuclear weapons away to whoever? lol.. it's like punching someone in the arm and allowing them to hit you back but instead they are swinging a baseball bat. Can you really not discern the difference?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

So you think since it's hypocritical, it's ok to give Nuclear weapons away to whoever? lol.. it's like punching someone in the arm and allowing them to hit you back but instead they are swinging a baseball bat. Can you really not discern the difference?
Actually since we're talking about doing two identical things, it's not like punching someone in the arm and having them swing a baseball bat at you, but nice attempted analogy.

I'm saying that the US has no right to say what another nation can or cannot do.  Can you really not understand that?
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6521|Finland

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I worry about who they will give the weapons to. Iran has a history of supplying weapons to third party unstable organizations.
That right there is the problem! If they can keep them under lock and key, they have the same right as the US to have them in their arsenal. But as Kmarion said...
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6682|Colorado Springs, CO
Yes, they are trying to get them. Hell, they may already have some. If it can be proven that Iran has a nuke then I fully support some sort of military strike to disarm them.

Israel would probably be the ones that would launch such a strike. Heres my take on things, Iran has madman for a president who has called for the destruction of Israel. Now give a guy like Ahmadinawhatever that kinda firepower is something I do not want. I know people out there are gonna be bitching that GWB is a idiot and just as bad as Ahmadinacrap, but at least we arent calling for the extinction of another country. Also we will not use nukes unless its a last resort aka. the US gets invaded by China.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Actually since we're talking about doing two identical things, it's not like punching someone in the arm and having them swing a baseball bat at you, but nice attempted analogy.

I'm saying that the US has no right to say what another nation can or cannot do.  Can you really not understand that?
It's not just the US incase you are not up to date on your current events.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6262945.stm

You think the weapons we gave to Afghanistan were the same as "The bomb"? That is identical to you?

You still haven't answered... why would they hide their intentions?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-15 23:45:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
arabeater

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I worry about who they will give the weapons to. Iran has a history of supplying weapons to third party unstable organizations.
That right there is the problem! If they can keep them under lock and key, they have the same right as the US to have them in their arsenal. But as Kmarion said...
Are you really gonna believe in Irans security that much dude? I sure hope not.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

We've shared our nuclear secrets with other nations.

Also, like I said, the US is the only nation to actually detonate a nuclear device with the intent of causing death and destruction.  No other nation has even come close to doing that, yet somehow we're the ones worried about other countries using nuclear weapons.

It's no different than committing a crime, acknowledging and validating your crime, but then not allowing other people to do it.  It's a double standard.
arabeater

ThomasMorgan wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Also, like I said, the US is the only nation to actually detonate a nuclear device with the intent of causing death and destruction.  No other nation has even come close to doing that, yet somehow we're the ones worried about other countries using nuclear weapons.

It's no different than committing a crime, acknowledging and validating your crime, but then not allowing other people to do it.  It's a double standard.
Dont even start to bitch about the US using nukes against Japan being wrong. If we hadnt used them we wouldve lost a cubic ass-ton of troops invading Mainland Japan. So you see not much of an option there at all.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It's not just the US incase you are not up to date on your current events.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6262945.stm

You think the weapons we gave to Afghanistan were the same as "The bomb"? That is identical to you?

You still haven't answered... why would they hide their intentions?
Why do they need to go around telling everyone their intentions?  Do we disclose everything we do as a country to the rest of the world?  When we were developing nuclear power, did we announce it to the world?

And yes, I think the weapons we gave Afghanistan are the same as the bomb.

Now please, stop speaking to me as if I have been living under a rock for the past year.  I'm perfectly up to date on my current events, thank you.  But stop prodding.  You come off sounding like an ass.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

arabeater wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Dont even start to bitch about the US using nukes against Japan being wrong. If we hadnt used them we wouldve lost a cubic ass-ton of troops invading Mainland Japan. So you see not much of an option there at all.
Oh Jesus.  Shut up.  This is as much of a response as you'll get out of me after a post like that.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6521|Finland

arabeater wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Are you really gonna believe in Irans security that much dude? I sure hope not.
Wha??? Thats just what I said!
I'll rephrase: Also I - like Kmarion - do not trust them to keep their nukes just for themselves.
arabeater

ThomasMorgan wrote:

arabeater wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Oh Jesus.  Shut up.  This is as much of a response as you'll get out of me after a post like that.
OMG. What are you talking about? Its ok man, you dont have to say anything else. Its obvious where you stand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard